"Cloverfield" - 01-18-08

• Official site: http://www.1-18-08.com/

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

(You will need Quicktime to view the trailers. Click on the words SMALL, MEDIUM, or LARGE... depending on how fast your computer is.)

I saw this trailer when I went to watch Transformers in theaters... and it totally blew my mind, especially with some information saying that this could be "America's Godzilla". As in, where Japan has Godzilla, America will have... THIS thing.

What are you all's views on this movie? Think it will be good, bad, change the course of history, whatever you want.

By the way, "Cloverfield" isn't the official name... Just a placeholder. The name of the movie has yet to be revealed.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Yes, I remember this trailer when I saw Transformers, as well... it looked quite promising, but the genre of movie is not quite my style.

Also, do you think you could find us some other format of video to watch these trailers in? Some of us cannot view Quicktime movies, unfortunately.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Ah, sorry, Twistkill. I've looked for quite a while for anything else other than Quicktime... Nadda. Believe me, I'm not big a fan of Quicktime. They had something on YouTube, but apparently it was deleted due to "violations". To be expected.

Updated post, with the official link... From what I just heard, if you leave the page open for 6 minutes, you'll hear the roar of the monster. Creepy. (I'm trying it out right now.)

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• HOLY SMOKES.

http://www.1-18-08.com/

Sit tight for six minutes. After that, you WILL hear the monster roar. O_O
    Don't worry -- Just have your volume up a little. You won't miss it.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can find some more info regarding this movie.

Quote from Muigi

• Umm on that site you gave me (The roar sounds cool), but you can flip the cards around, one is written in chinese or whatever and I cant read it, if someone would like to translate it or something (It's the one with the chef holding up a plate of food or something), and the others say

"Dont forget who takes care of you!
    Love J" (This is the one were he is drinking beer)

And

"Lascano, Platt and Robbie - Jan 2008

Robbie.
    Here, use this photo to send a message of my hotness far and wide!!!
    Im gonna miss the hell out of ya!!
    Love, Jamie" (This is the one with the closeup of 3 people, the girl on the left and the guy in the center with the 3rd person sort of cut off on the right)

• THe movie looks freaky from the trailer because its all by the vidoe camera and u dont know whats giong wrong

Ganondorf will smite us all .... smite us all i say MWAHAHAHA