Just Beginning :: Game Demo

• Sweet game. Really brought back some nostalgia... I especially like how well the old-school sprite graphics mixed with the music, and the sounds. VERY nice, and very smooth.

Unfortunately, the laptop I used would frequently freeze the game (took about 10 seconds to resume), I'd play for 5 seconds, then the game would freeze again. To make a long story short, I got the wannabe-Master Sword and had to end it shortly after killing the baddies. Shoot. :(
    But a great game nonetheless. Awesome demo.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Uhm, well, you could download it and find out... :P

I played it a while ago, using the GB Link sprite looks a tad weird, but that's just my opinion.

I may have two hard drives, but I'm not going to download something to take MapleStory's place D=

BLASTPHEMEY!

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~

• Wow, not even Just Zelda stickied their topic for this game.
    Hey there, I'm the main programmer of Just Beginning, come to answer questions and such about the game.

Happy Mask Salesman: We can't really give an estimate for when the game will be done, it's still a ways off though.

Steelia: Yikes, you weren't running a lot of other programs in the background were you?

Tywar: Heh, just look at it's page. There's also this really really old video before we did a lot of polishing on the engine.

A few notes about settings in the demo in case people haven't noticed them yet:
    - Hit F3 at any time to customize your controls (Joypads/Joysticks are supported as well)
    - Hitting F4 will take you to the graphics settings menu, where among other things you can make the games window larger.
    - After you run the game the first time it creates a 'lozJB.ini' settings file, if you edit it directly there are a few options in it that aren't in the settings menus.

Also you get a bonus for beating the demo without dying :waggle:

Lead Programmer for