Lyn Unplayable = Sexist Nintendo?

• Okay, I've just about had it with all this crap about Lyn.

For those who don't know, this morning, Lyn, a popular character from the Fire Emblem series, was confirmed to be nothing more than an assist trophy. Later on, I find people saying that Nintendo was sexist for not putting in a popular female character as a playable character.

Guys, think about it. Fire Emblem isn't as big of a franchise as, say, Metroid, and I'm being honest here. Fire Emblem has so many characters to choose from, it could make a fighting game all on its own. In all honesty, I believe only Ike and Marth will represent Fire Emblem. While I can't say this as a fact, I do believe that there will be more than three females in Brawl. People need to get a grip on themselves and know that Brawl is nothing more than a game.

Please feel free to discuss this.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• I completely agree. The main characters are going to be the only playable characters. The minor characters that make short appearences or aren't there for the entire game won't be in the game.

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Ah, I saw a topic about this at the Nintendo forums. Poor little kids, caught up in denial and blame... xP
    If they should call anyone sexist, that would be Sakurai, as he's making the game. But, of course, we all know that's not true... (Or DO we?? >.> )

In any case, just because he omits one female character, doesn't make someone instantly sexist. It's like choosing players for a team... "Oh, you picked the boy first, you're sexist!" No, I may know that person and that's why I chose him.
    Sakurai's the one making the game. He has every right to choose which characters become playable, and which ones do not. Our petty insults and opinions don't really mean much. I'm sure he listens to our opinions, yes, but if he doesn't deem certain characters playable and doesn't want them in... *coughDEOXYScough*... it's his choice/say on the matter.

People nowadays think they can control everything. It's time someone showed them that life is never fun, and never really goes your own way.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• This is sooooo stupid, the people who are implying that Nintendo is sexist, are the sexists themselves. I mean, the thought that Nintendo was sexist hadn't even occurred to me!

I completely agree with you Steelia, the fans should be happy that's she's even IN the game.

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.