Metroid series
    Final Fantasy series
    Starfox series
    'Of Mana' series
    'Tales Of' series
    Mario Kart series
    Super Smash Bros series
    Mario series
    Conker (Conker's bad fur day and Live and Reloaded)
    Perfect Dark series
    James Bond series
    Castlevania series

I've beaten 3/4th of this list, with the unbeaten ones, I'm proceeding. Somewhere around the last 3 games of the unbeaten series.

• Don't call it a serie when you've only played one, two or three games out of the 15 or so.

• Was that directed towards me?

Because I've played:
    all Zelda games with the exception of Tingle RPG
    Halo 1 and 2
    All Mario's including Super Mario RPG
    Knights of the old republic 1 and 2
    Diablo, Diablo: Hellfire, Diablo 2, Diablo 2: Lord of destruction
    Elderscrolls 1,2,3.. not four though, sadly.

Not here anymore - Mr. Goron.

• I think the number of games correspond to the title they are given, and these only apply to games that are advancing the storyline or continuing a true series - something like that upcoming Link with a crossbow game or just "Daxter" for the PSP, for example, do not count towards the series.

1 games - Standalone "Game". No earlier installments, no sequels or anything. (Black is a good example)
    2 games - "Games" (Not too many of these... In fact, I can't think of any right now.)
    3 games - "Trilogy" (The 3 most famous ones are on PS2: Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank. Another obvious one is Halo)
    4 to 6 or 7 - "Series" (Dynasty Warriors, SSX, Diablo, Prince of Persia, 007, etc)

However, some games get the title of "franchise". I believe this only applies to games which have more than 7 releases, are very good sellers, and have most likely started since the Playstation/N64 generation or earlier. These are the key games the consoles need. As in: Grand Theft Auto, Need for Speed, Zelda, the sports games like NHL, NBA, etc., Mario, Tony Hawk, Ace Combat, Command & Conquer, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, Virtua Fighter, and I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I'm aware of.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Mario series
    Kirby series
    Zelda series
    'Tales of' series
    Phoenix Wright series
    F-Zero series
    Metal Gear series (maybe I'll buy a 360 or PS3 someday, meh)
    Metroid series

Although they aren't really series, I like Pikmin and Chibi-Robo :P

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.