Anybody else notice this?

• I found out something duh about this I hadn't noticed before:

mV0k8vi.png

The ones at the top are actually click-able, so you can sort the topics

As for SEO, I don't think it's a good thing to have, Kaynil.

Hahah, Clara. I guess by now you know that I don't really care to follow to a T all the SEO advices around. :lol:

In any case, I think you're confused as how Search Engine Optimization works. This 'error' is located in the forum section as we browse to choose the available topics. Forum topic view is a Table, as a such it should not be inherently damaging if it has repeated values or if a word from the table header matches a cell of content. Unless you're doing something dodgy, like having only external links, for SEO purposes they are irrelevant. I think we're safe. :)

"AM Off-topic discussion"

I don't know but some content isn't recommended. That's why I have taken down the forum games post count from the board statistics.

So that is why you did that. I don't want your members to hate me, but if you think that a zone for games and spam is something that gets penalised by SE, then not counting it in the forum statistics doesn't take away the zone is still there. *awkward cough*

I have an idea for A&M that might actually help your SEO Clara:
    Make the spam zone viewable by members only. Bot crawlers usually have guests permissions when visiting your forum so, in theory, they wouldn't crawl the low quality content, which in turn would make your forum seem more reliable. :)

• I see.
    Thank you but.....fellow admins don't really want that.
    That's why I have tried AN links where only members can view links and as for the guest permission for that.....well....may be not possible.
    I don't remember who many times my staff yelled at me...;-;

• I see.
    Thank you but.....fellow admins don't really want that.
    That's why I have tried AN links where only members can view links and as for the guest permission for that.....well....may be not possible.
    I don't remember who many times my staff yelled at me...;-;

Poor Clara, everybody can be so pushy and harsh with you there.:-(
    Anyway, I still gave the advice in the thread for suggestions. And I am pretty sure there must be a way to make forums member-only. I'll PM you something. :)

• Poor Clara, everybody can be so pushy and harsh with you there.:-(
    Anyway, I still gave the advice in the thread for suggestions. And I am pretty sure there must be a way to make forums member-only. I'll PM you something. :)

Well, I do get on their nerves.. with my laziness and attitude.
    Thank you :D
    I did some work today and I hope that will do for now.
    Well, they like the forum so, i just can't dislike their attitude.
    Thanks a ton, kaynil ;)

• Do not ever make links only viewable by members. Signatures, sure, but people like to browse forums for a bit before viewing.

And yeah, the high amount of views is normal. Heck, I used to have it on my old site. About 200 online, of which about 150 were guests and topic views constantly going upwards. That's just a mix of search engine bots (which is a good thing) and people finding answers to their questions via search engines indexing the topics (which is also a good thing).

• This entire thread is people misinterpreting the first post, and replying without reading any subsequent posts.

Yeah, that's true.
    But if I can bee cheeky this stalks more about the first post than all the people that replied. :lengua:
    Anyway it pretty much has been solved. I think CM30 was replying to my advice to Clara's situation.

In short the column names repeat so we can sort the threads by views and replies with ease.