Quick feedback thread

• Um a suggestion, me I personally know CSS and HTML pretty well and I kind of grind my teeth every time I see a post box that has absolutely no padding. Even the text input box has some padding. Just seeing those letters on that border runs chills down my spine (once again this is just my OCD but seriously...UGH I try to be nice but it hurts so much)

Code
    padding: 4px;

Seriously that's all you need to put into the right spot in the CSS files.

Something else you have Wind Waker in your Gamecube Thread, but Twilight Princess was made on the gamecube before the Wii. So technically you're missing a sub-forum, just a heads up.

adpolu63fcf.png
    duolap64d6d.png
    ======
    laoupd7d228.gif
    ---

Edited once, last by Kaynil (May 26, 2015 at 6:58 AM).

• Official Post

@ShiroMZM I've brought the main smilies. There are some still missing, but I will slowly install them. Right now I want to focus in other details.

Something else you have Wind Waker in your Gamecube Thread, but Twilight Princess was made on the gamecube before the Wii. So technically you're missing a sub-forum, just a heads up.

Yeah, thanks for pointing it out. To be honest, I noticed but I didn't move it as I am considering rearranging the Zelda zone. The structure in both this community and the Spanish equivalent could do with some work, so I was thinking in just going back to the order we had long ago of Zelda consoles and handhelds. I guess I could still move it meanwhile.

Um a suggestion, me I personally know CSS and HTML pretty well and I kind of grind my teeth every time I see a post box that has absolutely no padding. Even the text input box has some padding. Just seeing those letters on that border runs chills down my spine (once again this is just my OCD but seriously...UGH I try to be nice but it hurts so much)

Code
    padding: 4px;

Seriously that's all you need to put into the right spot in the CSS files.

I actually agree about the lack of padding being a bit grating. While I don't want to make major changes in the skin, I have added the suggested padding for the message area. Hopefully this small change will suffice.

• Official Post

Ok that makes sense since you have translated portions of the forum I won't blame you for anything was just pointing it out.

Thank you so much that's a million times better xD

No worries. Likewise I am not angry at being pointed out things,I was just explaining the situation.

The advise so far has been pretty good.

• Official Post

I added the padding. You need to chill out a little Edward. Jeez the theme was just skinned from a default. :lengua:

Also, The Twilight Princess was intended to be a Gamecube release first and ported to the Wii BUT it was delayed and released as a launch title for the Nintendo Wii, it was the first Zelda Game paired with a Nintendo Console the day of release. It was later released on the Gamecube. That being said I believe since it was released on the Wii first it is a default Wii title. Also I didnt see the need for two boards when the only real differences in the games were the controller and the bug locations. So.....I put the board in the Wii section. I own both copies myself so it really doesnt make me a difference lol.

• Sorry just an OCD thing I guess >-<

Really? I didn't know that hrm... Interesting, yeah if that's the case I'd say too that the Wii port should be the main acknowledgement. Also I'm left handed and only ever owned the Wii version so I kind of have a preference towards the gamecube in general.

adpolu63fcf.png
    duolap64d6d.png
    ======
    laoupd7d228.gif
    ---

• Official Post

I have two Gamecubes, one controller, one memory card. So in a way not to allow favoritism I would Play my GC version of Twilight Princess on my Wii with my GameCube Controller and my memory card obviously.

• Well yeah I say that but I just used the wii to play GC games on myself because that was and still is the only family owned console. I just think it's rude. But I use it to play like GBA games or NES or SNES games since I pimped it out. I had to sell all of my GC games for a particular reason so I don't have any anymore. Only Wii game I have is SSBB

adpolu63fcf.png
    duolap64d6d.png
    ======
    laoupd7d228.gif
    ---

• Official Post

That is terrible. GC games go for gold on Amazon and Ebay if you have ever noticed. I wanted a second GC Twilight Princess game and I changed my mind pretty fast.

• Yeah that seems like a good idea, what is this font though? 0oO you can hardly tell the difference between the three :P also what my forum and some others I've been to do is for an emoticon it'll be like :idea: instead of @:-0 or :smile: instead of :) just to make things simpler for the users, of course to remember those is difficult

adpolu63fcf.png
    duolap64d6d.png
    ======
    laoupd7d228.gif
    ---

• Official Post

I miss my computer.The complain made no sense from tapatalk as it wouldn't do a smilie thing.

Anyway that error was poor planning on my part.

We actually have several ways to call a smilie though I hope to tone down some options. Basically there is a :englishcommand: :spanishcommand: and smilie alternatives.

• oh ok, well I wouldn't say poor planning really, because people don't usually post timestamps of their own will. But having three different ways to do it seems a bit excessive. Personally I like to keep the smilie alternatives as they are and for emoji use the commands. Because sometimes you just can't beat that good ol' colon and bracket XD that's my personal prefference though I would probably get flamed for it on fb or something like that xD

usually on forums though the emoji only works if there is a space on both sides of the command or alt or whatever it is ... Then again I've never heard of this kind of forum software, is it freeware?

adpolu63fcf.png
    duolap64d6d.png
    ======
    laoupd7d228.gif
    ---

• Official Post

oh ok, well I wouldn't say poor planning really, because people don't usually post timestamps of their own will. But having three different ways to do it seems a bit excessive.

Personally I like to keep the smilie alternatives as they are and for emoji use the commands. Because sometimes you just can't beat that good ol' colon and bracket XD

May seem excessive but since it is the same smilies from the Spanish forums I think for those visiting from that side would have it easier that way, idem if you visit the Spanish side and are used to the English command. You don't have to worry to learn the alternatives and this is probably the only forum software I know that allows to do this.

usually on forums though the emoji only works if there is a space on both sides of the command or alt or whatever it is ... Then again I've never heard of this kind of forum software, is it freeware?

This forum software is called Xenforo. It isn't free but it has a pretty good reputation.

Hey just a heads up the header tag isn't working

Code
    [hr]

Not a popular tag, but a personal must most of the time [emoji14]

That tag is not included by default. I might look onto evemtually incorporating it, however it might take a while as it is not an urgent thing and there are more tags commands I want to bring. I hope you don't mind that.