• SO who else is pumped for this new platformer?

For those who might not know. Yooka Laylee is a game being developed by the same people who made Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Conker's Bad Fur Day... in other words, the proper RareWare team.

I am already shaking in anticipation for this and we have to wait for another year to pass til we get it.

http://www.playtonicgames.com/the-man-behind-yooka-and-laylee/

This is an interview on the creator of the characters. It's going to be awesome and the world needs more 3D platformers again. It's nice to see the old RareWare people still kicking arse.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• Official Post

*Raises hand* I am! :D

My gosh, the first day of their kickstart petition was crazy!
    I woke a few hours after it and they were already halfway the stretch goals, according to a friend, they actually got enough backers for their initial goal within 15 minutes.

Current stretch goal: £1,500,00 and they got already £1,427,494 and 40 days to go, so I guess we'll pretty much will be getting on top of it all, Orchestra soundtrack to go with it.
    The more I read their descriptions and stuff comes out about this game the more I excited I get.... and I didn't even had Banjo Kazooie being part of my childhood. :p

Also... another friend made me aware of this:
    iXQTjnv.jpg

I dunno if it is true, but I hope it is. I know how much Jontron cherished Banjo Kazooie. :XD:

• Official Post

Send your gobbledygook sound samples to them anyway in a shout out! Who knows? Or make a sketch of you talking entirely like that. :XD:

I am excited. I disagree with those that say there is nothing new. The genre may not be new but the duo have their own movement, as for personalities all we really know it's that Laylee seems to be the most extroverted one.

• Official Post

So according to the Kickstart page here is how they're doing right now:

55,756 backers
    £1,718,858 pledged of £175,000 goal
    20 days to go

Quite interesting to see they have amassed almost 10x what they initially asked for.
    Still short of the final stretch goal. To be hoenst I don't care if they don't reach it, the last reached goal will allow them to have orchestra. They have a lot of promises to fulfill once they get the money. I really hope they can make the game exactly how they want it even if it means more years of waiting. knowing they are working on it is great.

Here's some of the gameplay footage recorded from the E3 2015:

It's looking pretty sweet so far. It really seems like a return to the classic N64 platformer days.
    Will you guys get this game when it launches? For which platform? I want to get it for Wii U.