• Lexatom wants to fight
    [MEDIA=soundcloud][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/MEDIA]

I am not a big pokemon fan and after watching cool anime like one piece, bleach, naruto ...etc...you just can't watch normal stuff like pokemon, according to me.
    So, if you don't like something, naturally you won't get into those games either.
    Isn't that right? :^o^:

I am not defending the anime as something above other shonen and I can follow your logic.
    It is a shame sometimes but I'd do the same thing.Just take in account that the game is the original source. Just like many times the manga is better than the anime adaptation, the game might be worth a look.

But I don't the significance and such. What comes next?
    Like do i have to use that pokemon for a battle or something like that?

In each pokemon game you start typically with a choice of one pokemon between 3. That's the one we call starter.
    So for example for the "first generation" of pokemon games (red, blue, green) the options are between a bulbasaur, a squirtle and a Charmander.
    The anime is sort of based in the game locations and gym leaders however Ash is not the same as the boys you can be in the games.

The main attractive point of the games comes from the bonds of raising your pokemon.
    You do battles with it and as it levels up it can learn new movements. Because you can only keep four, the same pokemon in the same level can have different movements, it all depends on the trainer.
    You spend a lot of time with your team and that makes you attached to them.
    The game also works a bit in a extended rock-paper-scissors balance, where you must pay attention to your strengths and weaknesses.
    It is turn based.

You might already know all of this. I just wanted to give you some explanation. The game is open enough that you find different people focusses in different things.

• Where the hell would you get that logic from? The games are nothing like the anime. The anime is separate from the games. Each game has it's own storyline depending on which one you're playing.

I know that but games can never beat anime, according to me.
    Well, opinion differ from person to person.
    I really want to watch all the anime in the world.

• I think that the games repeat themselves a lot, and have gotten stale from lack of creativity. However, some of the games are amazing for their playability (such as Crystal which introduced puzzles, and I enjoy my copy of Alpha Sapphire for all of the stuff it incorporates). I love the anime and movies for their storytelling and their ability to make my imagination soar. I love most of the movies for the way that they tell their stories, but the anime has (in my opinion) become lackluster. The first season was pretty amazing.

sig.gif

• So in short booth have become stale. :lol:

After the anime, I decided to give a go to Totodile, hahah.
    I know I played pearl once upon a time but I forgot my starter. That's bad. I think it was Turtwig
    If i ever had the V generation I'd go for the pig... and I'd call it P-Chan. [Ranma 1/2 reference]

• So in short booth have become stale. :lol:

After the anime, I decided to give a go to Totodile, hahah.
    I know I played pearl once upon a time but I forgot my starter. That's bad. I think it was Turtwig
    If i ever had the V generation I'd go for the pig... and I'd call it P-Chan. [Ranma 1/2 reference]

I find that the video games are really just updates to an old system to add increasingly convoluted Pokemon into the mix. If they would do anything more interesting in the games, such as Pokemon 3D RPG like everyone has been wanting, I could like them more.

At least the Pokemon movies are somewhat inspired at times. And there's always Pokemon Origins for a good watch. (n_n)

I liked Cyndaquil as my next starter. After that it was Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott and Froakie... I never realized just how many Water Pokemon starters I chose. Weird. Also, P-chan would be an amazing name for Tepig. :D

sig.gif

• I find that the video games are really just updates to an old system to add increasingly convoluted Pokemon into the mix. If they would do anything more interesting in the games, such as Pokemon 3D RPG like everyone has been wanting, I could like them more.

3D Pokemon games? I think you are 2 and a half years late. The first 3D Pokemon games, Pokemon X and Y came out in October 2013 for the 3DS, starting Gen 6. Where have you been? XD

*insert something witty here*

• I'm talking about free-roam, open world fully 3D Pokemon roleplaying games on the PC or consoles that are based more on story and actual exploration than competitive play (as the handhelds are). Think Zelda or Skyrim-esque, except Pokemon. Lots of people have expressed an interest in playing a game like that, but they've never done it because they can keep selling the same game, revised slightly to suit the new gen at the same prices (39.99 USD + taxes, don't know what they are for you guys in other countries) + guide books should you want to get them (which are 19.99 USD + taxes usually).

It seems rather cheap of them to never expand their horizons beyond just an overlay of their last game. What a waste of the great potential that is Pokemon, in my opinion. The stories in each game aren't different enough for the price to justify itself. I'm still a Pokemon fan, and I still buy the next games with hope that they'll do anything more innovative, but they never really do.

(edit: With all of this in mind, I do commend them for their Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and other offshoots)

(Also, sorry for derailing the thread x.x)

sig.gif

Edited 3 times, last by Aphelion (November 18, 2015 at 7:52 PM).

• consoles that are based more on story and actual exploration than competitive play (as the handhelds are).

Sounds bland and boring to me, the highlight has always been the competitive play, and 6gen did greatly improve on it. Sure, they could focus on the competitive side without needing to sell new games but this formula just works so they'll keep doing it and I don't mind it as much, except for ORAS's new megas that was bs.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• I'm talking about free-roam, open world fully 3D Pokemon roleplaying games on the PC or consoles that are based more on story and actual exploration than competitive play (as the handhelds are). Think Zelda or Skyrim-esque, except Pokemon. Lots of people have expressed an interest in playing a game like that, but they've never done it because they can keep selling the same game, revised slightly to suit the new gen at the same prices (39.99 USD + taxes, don't know what they are for you guys in other countries) + guide books should you want to get them (which are 19.99 USD + taxes usually).

It seems rather cheap of them to never expand their horizons beyond just an overlay of their last game. What a waste of the great potential that is Pokemon, in my opinion. The stories in each game aren't different enough for the price to justify itself. I'm still a Pokemon fan, and I still buy the next games with hope that they'll do anything more innovative, but they never really do.

(edit: With all of this in mind, I do commend them for their Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and other offshoots)

(Also, sorry for derailing the thread x.x)

I'm not even a competitive player of Pokemon, I play it for the story and the fun it gives. XD

• Sounds bland and boring to me, the highlight has always been the competitive play, and 6gen did greatly improve on it. Sure, they could focus on the competitive side without needing to sell new games but this formula just works so they'll keep doing it and I don't mind it as much, except for ORAS's new megas that was bs.

It's all a matter of perspective and interest. I implore them to continue their line of competitive games, but I'd like something more for the people like myself to enjoy. You can do all sorts of imaginative stories involving the Pokemon universe, given plethora of material to work with. But it's probably never coming to pass, as it would require more effort and time than Gamefreak is willing to put into it (even though they have an abundance of money, at the very least). I'll satisfy myself by creating and participating in Pokemon RPs on forums.

(I never meant for my posts to be a "bring down the main line of Pokemon games because they're terrible RARARARA", and more of a different outlook on what could possibly be. My apologies if I offended anyone by doing so.)

sig.gif

• It's all a matter of perspective and interest. I implore them to continue their line of competitive games, but I'd like something more for the people like myself to enjoy. You can do all sorts of imaginative stories involving the Pokemon universe, given plethora of material to work with. But it's probably never coming to pass, as it would require more effort and time than Gamefreak is willing to put into it (even though they have an abundance of money, at the very least). I'll satisfy myself by creating and participating in Pokemon RPs on forums.

(I never meant for my posts to be a "bring down the main line of Pokemon games because they're terrible RARARARA", and more of a different outlook on what could possibly be. My apologies if I offended anyone by doing so.)

You didn't offend anybody, and if anybody WAS offended, then they need to stop being sensitive. Opinions are opinions :P