30 SNES games you should play in your lifetime

• 30. Shadowrun - Hadn't even heard of this steampunk RPG
    29. Super Ghouls ‘N Ghosts - Ghouls and Ghosts just spell super hard for me.
    28. Goof Troop - Hah! Puzzle one. I think I didn't know it existed.
    27. Super Mario All-Stars - Have played it. Interesting to find the NES games with better backgrounds here.
    26. The Legend Of The Mystical Ninja - I only know Goemon for the N64 title cover.
    25. Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - I think Sardonic Pickles owns this one but I might be wrong.
    24. Super Punch-Out!! - I'd give this one a go in a heartbeat.
    23. NBA Jam - I was like "pass" until I read about being sillier than today's sport games. Count me in!
    22. Super Bomberman - Count me in!
    21. Earthworm Jim - Interested but not as much as with other titles.

20. Contra III: The Alien Wars - Yes! I'd like to try this one.
    19. Secret Of Mana - In my bucket list.
    18. F-Zero - I have played it! I rented it.
    17. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time - If this is the one I used to play in arcades I really would love to own it. I just read it is the arcade's sequel.
    16. Mega Man X - Agreed. I enjoyed the X series. I thinK i only rented some of them.
    15. Super Castlevania IV - Curious considering is a sort of remake of the first one based on what the article says.
    14. Zombies Ate My Neighbours - Seen this one on YT. It seems funny for the first 5 minutes.
    13. Mortal Kombat II - I wouldn't mind owning this one at all. I did had a chance to try it, if I can recall correctly. Either this or the past one.
    12. Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars - Curious about it but other than Link cameo it doesn't attract me taht much.
    11. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island - I don't care about this one. Baby mario is very annoying.

10. Street Fighter II Turbo - YES! Agreed, Not sure if we own the normal version or the turbo, but definitely I'd rather the quick version for the moves.
    9. Earthbound - bucketlist
    8. Final Fantasy VI - Bucketlist
    7. Star Fox - I wouldn't mind trying it.
    6. Super Metroid - Yes. Good game. I have played it but not till the end.
    5. Donkey Kong Country - Played it. Pretty cool one.
    4. Chrono Trigger - A can't miss game, in my opinion. I want to play it again and this time finish it.
    3. Super Mario Kart - The game that got me into MK, but MK 64 still gets the crown. :P
    2. Super Mario World - Pretty fun game. Definitely recommend this for anyone with a SNES.
    1. The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past - Eh... kind of overrated. Not that special... Nah, just kidding. I think it is a a good TLoZ game and surprised no one it was part of the top 3.

• 30. Shadowrun - Hadn't even heard of this steampunk RPG

Shadowrun isn't steampunk, it's cyberpunk. It's based off of a classic tabletop RPG set in Neo-Seattle. I've always wanted to find people to play it with.

The video games have never really drawn my interest, but I should probably try the recently kickstarted reboot of the franchise.

28. Goof Troop - Hah! Puzzle one. I think I didn't know it existed.

I have fond memories of playing this as a kid. It's shockingly good, given that it's a licensed Disney game.

25. Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - I think Sardonic Pickles owns this one but I might be wrong.

This game is terrible. Play Super Star Wars or Super Return of the Jedi. SESB is fucking awful. I don't know anyone whose gotten past the second level.

23. NBA Jam - I was like "pass" until I read about being sillier than today's sport games. Count me in!

I haven't played this since I was a kid, but I remember enjoying it. Particularly when the ball caught on fire and you blew up the basket because you're such an awesome player, or something.

15. Super Castlevania IV - Curious considering is a sort of remake of the first one based on what the article says.

It's really not. I mean, it might be a remake in a narrative sense. But if that's true, the Super Mario World is a remake of Super Mario Bros 3, right?

I honestly prefer the original Castlevania over 4, but it's a tough call. The original Castlevania has the tight controls and killer gameplay. Super Castlevania 4 has that visual style that I love so much about the latter day Castlevania games.

8. Final Fantasy VI - Bucketlist

Talk about a mature game. Mature in the sense that it takes itself seriously and tackles difficult subject matter. A beautiful experience.

7. Star Fox - I wouldn't mind trying it.

As revolutionary as this game was, I really don't think it has aged well. Starfox 64 is an improvement in every respect, IMHO. There's not a lot to gain from playing the original.

6. Super Metroid - Yes. Good game. I have played it but not till the end.

5. Donkey Kong Country - Played it. Pretty cool one.

Is it weird that I've never been able to get into either of these games? I've played both, and they're certainly competent. I can acknowledge their quality. But there's just no hook for me. Nothing that makes me want to keep playing beyond the first hour or so.

1. The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past - Eh... kind of overrated. Not that special...

I will fight you.[/quote][/QUOTE]

• Shadowrun isn't steampunk, it's cyberpunk. It's based off of a classic tabletop RPG set in Neo-Seattle. I've always wanted to find people to play it with.
    The video games have never really drawn my interest, but I should probably try the recently kickstarted reboot of the franchise.

No idea it had rebooted. tat soudns pretty interesting. I also had no clue it was based on a tabletop RPG. Sounds more interesting as such.

I haven't played this since I was a kid, but I remember enjoying it. Particularly when the ball caught on fire and you blew up the basket because you're such an awesome player, or something.

I definitely would like to give that NBA Jam a spin. If only to watch things like that.

As revolutionary as this game was, I really don't think it has aged well. Starfox 64 is an improvement in every respect, IMHO. There's not a lot to gain from playing the original.

How about storywise? Would I be able to know some more on the characxters if I play the original? Is it longer than the Starfox64?

Is it weird that I've never been able to get into either of these games?

Yeah. I guess it is an atypical opinion but it is not necessarily bad. I guess different people look for different things in a game and these two didn't have it for you. Metroid games have a lot of backtracking and DKC has a weird angle that can make you frustrated when you fall througha platform you swear you had reached fine.

I will fight you.

Overrated... overrated... :lengua:

• No idea it had rebooted. tat soudns pretty interesting. I also had no clue it was based on a tabletop RPG. Sounds more interesting as such.

I don't know anything about the video game, really. But the tabletop RPG might be the single most popular/well known RPG that isn't part of the extended D&D family of games. The basic conceit is that magic used to exist, but then it was gone for a long time, and now it's back. Trolls, ogres, orcs, elves, etc had all been disguising themselves as humans, and they suddenly reveal themselves. A lot of ancient rituals and superstitions now have actual magical powers. The native tribes of the Americas are suddenly filled with powerful wizards who declare war on the governments that pushed them off of their land.

The game is notorious for having complicated mechanics, for requiring a lot of meticulous planning, and for using a brick-ton of six sided dice. Here's a picture from the 1st edition book.

DnD_Art-Elmore_Shadowrun-1024x640.jpg

Flavor wise, the game has always seemed a little dumb to me. Like an ill conceived pop culture mashup. "Hey, people like fantasy, and people like cyberpunk, so lets just put them together!" But the playstyle of the game is interesting for sure.

How about storywise? Would I be able to know some more on the characxters if I play the original? Is it longer than the Starfox64?

I'm not intimately familiar with the story. But it is the same cast of characters as Starfox 64. The team is Fox, Falco, Peppy, and Slippy. Starfox 64 is more of a remake than a sequel.[/quote][/QUOTE]