The "Recommend me an anime" thread

• I would like to ask for recommendations.
    I am into horror and action genre.
    I have seen most of the popular anime out there like one piece, naruto, bleach, fairy tail, another...whatnot.

So, now recommend something really good, for me guys :^o^:

Infinite Stratos is my favorite anime. I love it. I highly recommend it.

*insert something witty here*

• What's it about?
    Just so you know I am not into romance genre at all and even slice of life genre doesn't sit well with me.
    Still, I am into action, horror, shonen or seinen anime.

So, what's it about?

It has a bit of everything, actually. Here is a basic summary of the series:

Japan engineered an armed powered exoskeleton "Infinite Stratos" (IS) and it became the mainstream of weapons. Since only women can operate IS, women dominate the society over men. Orimura Ichika is a 15-year-old boy and accidentally touches an IS placed in the IS pilot training school. He is found to be the only man who can operate IS and forced to enter the training school. Ichika's busy school life surrounded by girls has begun.

It DOES have lots of action in it, remember that. I suggest you watch the first episode and see how it is.

• It has a bit of everything, actually. Here is a basic summary of the series:

Japan engineered an armed powered exoskeleton "Infinite Stratos" (IS) and it became the mainstream of weapons. Since only women can operate IS, women dominate the society over men. Orimura Ichika is a 15-year-old boy and accidentally touches an IS placed in the IS pilot training school. He is found to be the only man who can operate IS and forced to enter the training school. Ichika's busy school life surrounded by girls has begun.

It DOES have lots of action in it, remember that. I suggest you watch the first episode and see how it is.

I will think about it.
    After all I have lots of anime in my watchlist and as it doesn't look that promising(no offence), I might watch it sometime in the near future.

• A friend still has an active Fairy Tail recommendation . I'm glad she has forgotten because she use to get very angry upon hearing I have not started yet lol

Beauty is just the deception of the eye, if I cant see the ugliest and most beautiful are equal

• Care to elaborate? :XD:

Iunno dude this genre is p bad imo. Like Bleach was only decent, I can't stand One Piece and I tried watching Fairy Tail but the First chapter just wasn't appealing to me, it feels like another generic 10k chapters anime like naruto and one piece.

Bleach is also senseless fighting but the way they manage the seasons is smart to an extent because the storyline feels like it has been carefully planned all along, there's a lot of plot-twists and that's always fun when they're related to things previously explained.

I've heard HunterXHunter is top notch, so I'd recommend that over Fairy Tail but I've never watched much of either.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

Edited once, last by Cressel (October 27, 2015 at 10:35 AM).

• well Fairy Tale i just don't seem to like the series dunno why

Btw @Kaynil u voted for Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri in LWAT so how bout watching that next

Beauty is just the deception of the eye, if I cant see the ugliest and most beautiful are equal

• @Cressel @Claraviolet @Servo

Can I ban these guys, PLZZZZZ?

@Kaynil

Iunno dude this genre is p bad imo. Like Bleach was only decent, I can't stand One Piece and I tried watching Fairy Tail but the First chapter just wasn't appealing to me, it feels like another generic 10k chapters anime like naruto and one piece.

Bleach is also senseless fighting but they way they manage the seasons is smart to an extent because the storyline feels like it has been carefully planned all along, there's a lot of plot-twists and that's always fun when they're related to things previously explained.

I've heard HunterXHunter is top notch, so I'd recommend that over Fairy Tail but I've never watched much of either.

Fairy Tail is almost exactly the way you described Bleach if you watch enough. The main plot slowly unravels, and there are many plot twists throughout it. Also, Fairy Tail didn't end abruptly. If I'm correct, it's still going.

Edited once, last by Kaynil (October 27, 2015 at 8:15 AM).

• Yeah as anime any shonen is crap most of the time, they also have fillers all over it. The character develoment is bad, the story isn't too interesting because at some point you will lose interest even if the original concept was good, either that or they really managed it badly.
    ie bleach has great characters, but there's so many there's barely any character development, the conflicts are blindly resolved through violence and hardly any good guy dies. The original shinigami idea is p cool but I mean 300 chapters in it gets old. it really goes downhill as time goes on, it's entertaining somewhat, but not as good. Last arc on the manga is actually not bad which is a shame if it doesn't get animated. But that's no excuse if 200+ chapters weren't great.

From what I've heard Fairy tail suffers from most of these traits, plus a way more annoying protagonist if you ask me. good art unlike bleach but terrible characters and character development, storyless basically because characters barely keep track of their goals, etc.

Like I already said, p much everyone I know says Hunter X Hunter is the pinnacle of shounen. It has good art, good storyline and good characters and they're all managed great during the series. It has somewhat of a slow start but that's about the only bad thing I've heard about it and it isn't even bad.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• I just read this thread title as "recommend mean anime" :lol:

Anyway, I can see the point of long Shounen series usually getting old after a while. I guess it is also that as we grow older we tend to drift from their intended target. I mean I loved Dragon Ball Z back in the day but now I get very frustrated at how long everything takes. I can only imagine younger people have that attachment to more recent anime, and maybe those new anime actually managed to correct some of the flaws of the ones we grew up.

Anyway, I am just starting with the above mentioned Gate anime. 3 out of 12 so I can't say much, so far the pace is good.

@The Inhaling One I'll sue you for Animeism ( discriminating on base of anime liking or disliking) .....

If I had the medals add-on here I'd make one with that name just for giggles. :XD:

• @Cressel @Claraviolet @Servo

Can I ban these guys, PLZZZZZ?

@Kaynil

Fairy Tail is almost exactly the way you described Bleach if you watch enough. The main plot slowly unravels, and there are many plot twists throughout it. Also, Fairy Tail didn't end abruptly. If I'm correct, it's still going.

Well, I am just stating the truth.
    If you watch other cool anime like one piece, naruto, bleach...you will get what I mean.
    Fairy tail is just like any other anime for me >.>