My options to play Ocarina of Time on my Wii U?

• I want to get into the Zelda series, and I've decided to start on the first 3D game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I have a Wii U with some Wii U Pro Controllers and some Wii Remote Plus with the Nunchuk attachment.

I do not want to buy a Nintendo 3DS.

What are my options in playing Ocarina of Time on my Wii U?

I believe my only option is to buy the game on the Wii U Virtual Console but I thought I'd post here, in case I've missed any alternatives.

• Hi King Mustard. I apologise for missing your post.
    What moved you to want to enter to series?
    Did you end up getting the game?

I will still answer just in case for you or other people with similar doubts.

I believe my only option is to buy the game on the Wii U Virtual Console but I thought I'd post here, in case I've missed any alternatives.

I think that is the easiest way to go right now.

The Wii also used to have it in its store, so you could try to emulate the Wii and see if you can get it that way. If you once owned the ROM for the Wii chances are you can download it again there.

• Hi King Mustard. I apologise for missing your post.
    What moved you to want to enter to series?
    Did you end up getting the game?

I will still answer just in case for you or other people with similar doubts.

I think that is the easiest way to go right now.

The Wii also used to have it in its store, so you could try to emulate the Wii and see if you can get it that way. If you once owned the ROM for the Wii chances are you can download it again there.

Damn Kaynil, you are from north america you can start using Z letters inside of words....

apologize, organize, zebra

• Well, you can also presumably download from the original Wii Shop in Wii mode, but there's no real point given the Wii U Virtual Console exists.

There's also obviously emulation on a modded console, but that's very much morally dubious and not something I'd recommend.

Those are all the other 'ways' I can imagine.