Disney Tales getting Live Actions Movies

• A while ago we got cinderella. This year we got the Jungle book and Tarzan.
    bdp642.jpg
    hwigi1.jpg
    I believe more movies are on their way.

(Edit: I originally started this thread believing all those movies were made by a Disney Studio. my bad. I don't think The Legend of Tarzan was made by Disney. I edited the title accordingly)

How do you feel about them?
    So far, have you watched any of them? Did you like them?
    Do you think it is fair to compare them?

You know, now that I think about it, it is not that new. I remember there was a '101 dalmatians' live action movie as well. I still feel like this last few years have been about rewriting tales we remember from our childhood or bringing a different angle to them.

• Pointless Rant

Disney is a brand company that never really had any creativity, all the "classic disney" stories are tradition childrens stories mostly from the tales of grimm taken and had all the morality and justice ripped out of them. So it's no surprise that they are just doing the same thing to themselves at this point cause while disney may seem to be a movie producer they're really a brand company since there' smore money in that movies are just a side thing for them. So I've never been really impressed or totally enjoyed a disney movie and I've yet to see their latest installments of the above movies.

That was a pointless rant sorry.

adpolu63fcf.png
    duolap64d6d.png
    ======
    laoupd7d228.gif
    ---

• I've got a rule about remakes.

I don't watch them.

Of course, whether or not its a remake depends on whether it's using the Disney film as source material or not. Most of Disney's classics are just classic stories in general, and it's ironically one of the few things Disney doesn't own. So if somebody wants to draw on the same source material, then they've certainly got the opportunity to tell a good story. But since the Disney films are the iconic version of these stories at this point, it's unlikely that you're going to see a Cinderella film that isn't some kind of reaction to the Disney feature.

By the by, Beauty and the Beast is getting a live action film, if I recall.

• I've got a rule about remakes.

I don't watch them.

Of course, whether or not its a remake depends on whether it's using the Disney film as source material or not. Most of Disney's classics are just classic stories in general, and it's ironically one of the few things Disney doesn't own. So if somebody wants to draw on the same source material, then they've certainly got the opportunity to tell a good story. But since the Disney films are the iconic version of these stories at this point, it's unlikely that you're going to see a Cinderella film that isn't some kind of reaction to the Disney feature.

By the by, Beauty and the Beast is getting a live action film, if I recall.

Why does that sound like the cringiest yet? The image that imediately came to mind is that it's going to basically be like 50 shades of grey mixed with the likes of teen wolf and twilight

adpolu63fcf.png
    duolap64d6d.png
    ======
    laoupd7d228.gif
    ---

• Here's the trailer:

Off the cuff I think it actually looks kinda decent. Not good enough to break my rule for, but decent.

It's getting a March release, so take that as you will. Neither a Summer Blockbuster, nor a November/December Oscarbait film.

• Pointless Rant

Disney is a brand company that never really had any creativity, all the "classic Disney" stories are tradition children's stories mostly from the tales of Grimm taken and had all the morality and justice ripped out of them. So it's no surprise that they are just doing the same thing to themselves at this point cause while Disney may seem to be a movie producer they're really a brand company since there's more money in that movies are just a side thing for them. So I've never been really impressed or totally enjoyed a Disney movie and I've yet to see their latest instalments of the above movies.

That was a pointless rant sorry.

I don't think it was pointless at all. It is pretty much on topic. Imagine my surprise growing up to learn about the tales I grew up with and how Disney changed them. Then you have the ones that are actually involving people that existed like Mulan and Pocahontas.

I do have a soft spot for many of their movies, many because I grew with them. I have enjoyed their material.
    I chuckled when you mention they are now doing the same to themselves, haha.

I've got a rule about remakes.
    I don't watch them.

I am sure I've heard other people going by the same rule. I guess you're voting with your wallet.

But since the Disney films are the iconic version of these stories at this point, it's unlikely that you're going to see a Cinderella film that isn't some kind of reaction to the Disney feature.

I remember as a kid I watched non-Disney Peter Pan and Alice in wonderland, now as an adult, I can tell you for what I can briefly recall the Alice one was more faithful to the book and the Peter one was different but still fun. I wish I could still be able to identify them.

Also Pete's dragon sounds awfully familiar too, so when I watched this in the cinemas

I thought it looked like Tarzan at first. But every time I thought of the title my head stubbornly kept conjuring a goofy looking cartoon dragon in a live-action setting and nothing about being lost and raised in the Jungle. I don't remember the plot of the movie in itself but I feel safe to say that dragon wouldn't hurt a fly. Either this teaser is setting people off for disappointment or story has been changed. Not sure what to make of it yet.

It looks like a twilight movie too. I'm not adding that to a list of must watches any time soon. It seems like there'll be a hint of comic relief but not enough to save it.

It seems like they will be playing it safe and right into our nostalgia. The music and dialogue from the teaser feel almost ripped straight from the cartoon. Thing is, I am a sucker and prime target of the nostalgia, so if they play their cards right and I like what I see, I will most likely get excited enough to want to watch it. Even so, Maleficent is a great reminder not to let my expectations become high.

• I thought it looked like Tarzan at first. But every time I thought of the title my head stubbornly kept conjuring a goofy looking cartoon dragon in a live-action setting and nothing about being lost and raised in the Jungle. I don't remember the plot of the movie in itself but I feel safe to say that dragon wouldn't hurt a fly. Either this teaser is setting people off for disappointment or story has been changed. Not sure what to make of it yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076538/

Yeah my siblings have this movie it's from the late 70's it's a disney movie but I can't recall what it's origin is or if it's just a disney knock off from a title they couldn't buy out.

adpolu63fcf.png
    duolap64d6d.png
    ======
    laoupd7d228.gif
    ---

• Updating the trailer on Pete's Dragon.

Ended up not watching it. Might watch on Netflix but I am not that interested.

I watched Beauty and the Beast. It was alright, I guess. It was based on the musical so there's a lot of singing. They tried to add more sense with a new tool and background but the new tool opens some plotholes and they never do much with the shoehorned background.

Anyway, I think the fad is slowly dying out. Any keepers?

• I'm unsure about the live action movies. I would like to watch them at some point but probably not at the cinema as I'm worried I'll just not be happy with them especially after paying to watch them.

AL-banner468.png

Websites, Blogs, Forums & Content Creation

Need help with a project? I'm available to hire for a multitude of services including website design, setup & management, social media management and content creation. More information: Aakash Pereira - Personal Portfolio