• Try this for me, sitting at your computer. I want you to imagine the following story. It begins in a misty, featureless plain. It'll only work if you can put yourself there, take a moment if you have to.

You're standing in a misty, featureless plain. You feel like you're dreaming, with no sense of time or place. You just are - you, the mist, and nothing. Some distance ahead, a shape can be seen. It's a person, emerging out of the fog. Step by step, they approach. They're standing right in front of you. You look them up and down - they look you in the eye, and say "So... "

Cool, thanks.
    No, that's not it.

I want to know what the person looked like! What did your mind conjure? Tall? Short? Fat? Thin? Clothes? Race? Gender? And what did their voice sound like?

No points being made here, just pure curiosity.

• Nice idea. Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to the words, so I didn't immerse myself fully in the scene.

I saw a dark silhouette against the fog, no features visible. Apparently wearing a coat. Male, lean, like a mysterious agent in a detective story. Probably caucasian if I had kept imagining, but possibly asian because of connotations to anime. I did not hear the voice at all, I only knew that he had spoken.

If I think about it a bit, the person is probably a "template" individual slightly similar to myself but more similar to the ideals of society as I have perceived it through media. Then I add layers that the scene reminds me of, like the detective stories, anime, even some Mickey Mouse comics. I can also mention that I am not that good at picturing scenes in books, they often stay very vague in my mind.

• Mine is sorta similar to Zilla's, in that it was a detective type, white, older, and not particularly tall but I'm looking up at him. Like I'm short, or a child.

I think I would have found LS' ladyfriend a lot more pleasant.

• I saw the silhouette of a man in old robes, with a cloak over his head. The clothes were all in dark faded colours in gray-blue tone. I didn't see his face clearly as my attention was on his mouth and he had his head inclined down a bit. His stature was around my height or a bit shorter. Fo some reason while he was doing eye contact I was focusing on his right eye, which was of a similar shade as his robes. I didn't really paid attention to his nose. His mouth was fully in view, with no beards or facial hair. This si where I got the impression he was older than me. His voice sounded soft in my head.