• A Zelda theory game - someone comes up with a what if question, and everyone tries to imagine would would happen. (Does this belong here or in games?)

So...
    What would have happened if Darunia had defeated Volvagia in OoT?

• Does this belong here or in games?

I guess either would work but Zelda talk promotes a more in depth answer than the forum games. I guess I can always move it if you guys like me to.

So...
    What would have happened if Darunia had defeated Volvagia in OoT?

I guess Link would had one dungeon less to worry about. Other than that it would be the same Darunia would become a sage and have the 'talk' on the Sacred Realm.

What would have happened if Vaati had killed Ezlo instead of turning him into a hat?

• I haven't played Minish Cap :/

Thing is though with Darunia (like any of the sages I guess), I'm not sure he could have been the Sage Of Fire if he'd defeated Volvagia. After all, the sages follow a pattern (excluding maybe Rauru) - Their land/people are in trouble, they go into the temple, fail to defeat the evil within and then communicate with Link only when he has defeated the same evil. The sage in question has now passed into another world and awakened as a sage. The implication is that these people were killed by the temple's boss.

If that's true, does it then follow that these people could only be sages in death?
    "Because it is destiny that you and I can't live in the same world." - Saria

• I hadn't thought much on that. I always assumed the other world was the Sacred Realm and that they were alive but now bounded into their responsibilities so they couldn't continue their normal life they had before being awakened.

Another reason I didn't assume they ascended to sages after their life was claimed is that we see Ganondorf destroying a sage in a Twilight Princess cut scene. I assumed he killed the sage then and not their spirit.

I always took Saria's quote as the realusation he was a Hylian and not a Kokiri.

Anyway, following that logic then someone else would have to become a sage but I guess for Link that is mist lilely a dungeon he doesn't have to do if Darunia does it before him. :XD:

• All very true. You're probably right. There's a few things though I could never figure out - like what do the sages do between not defeating the boss and being awakened by Link defeating the dungeon? Do they escape the enemy and wander around the Temple waiting for Link to be victorious? Does Rauru or someone else in the Sacred Realm 'hold' them until Link comes along? And if that's true, what happens to Nabooru when she is freed from the Iron Knuckle curse and then the witches blast her? Why would they send her to the sacred realm? Where was she waiting?

Oh! And here's a new one -
    If Link had been too slow and hadn't gotten to the Great Deku Tree before he died, Link wouldn't have ended up collecting the Spiritual Stones and Ganondorf would never have met with the Triforce and all the upset he caused in every game afterwards would have been avoided, right? ... Right??

I mean, Ganondorf had already lost patience and given up on all three stones, leaving curses behind as he left.

... Right?

• Lets see this

1: What if Darunia was successful in defeating Volvagia?

Answer: you guys already did answer it but I have to give my piece of information as well, It is true, One cannot be named sage until upon death, an example is Nabooru, Ganondorf's wife, who is murdered by Twinrova infront of player's eyes, and later ascending as a sage, so the scenario is: Darunia wouldn't be a sage and would still be alive, Link will be given the fire medallion by the ancient sage of fire, and his quest will be continued.

2: What if Vaati Killed Ezlo instead of turning him into a hat?

Answer: tough!! Link is able to turn into Minish size because of Ezlo! entire dungeons for goddesses' sake is in the tiny size of minish, Link would NEVER complete his quest in fixing the sword, Vaati will suck the light force out of Princess Zelda and rule Hyrule as a dark god.

3: What if Link was too late and arrived after Great Deku Tree's death?

Answer: Link and Navi will be at loss, as Navi never got the instructions herself, "go get me the boy without a fairy" was the only thing she was told, and with the abstinence of Link who will probably never even leave the forest, Ganondorf will collect the stones from the dead old tree, the rock men who are starving, Darunia will probably give the stone to Ganondorf just to free the caves from dodongos so his people don't die off starvation, Ganondorf will forcefully take it from Princess Ruto as well, but Zelda will escape with Impa, holding the Ocarina of Time, putting Hyrule into a weird state, Ganondorf ruling the land but without true power as he is unable to access the Sacred Realm and the Triforce, and Zelda with Impa hiding in the shadows probably raising an army to strike back at the gerudo. (Whoah this turned into a new game)

Now let me If.
    What If Tetra and her crew of pirates never went to Outset Island?

• Lets see this

1: What if Darunia was successful in defeating Volvagia?

Answer: you guys already did answer it but I have to give my piece of information as well, It is true, One cannot be named sage until upon death, an example is Nabooru, Ganondorf's wife, who is murdered by Twinrova infront of player's eyes, and later ascending as a sage, so the scenario is: Darunia wouldn't be a sage and would still be alive, Link will be given the fire medallion by the ancient sage of fire, and his quest will be continued.

What happened to the ancient sage of fire when Darunia ascended?

3: What if Link was too late and arrived after Great Deku Tree's death?

Answer: Link and Navi will be at loss, as Navi never got the instructions herself, "go get me the boy without a fairy" was the only thing she was told, and with the abstinence of Link who will probably never even leave the forest, Ganondorf will collect the stones from the dead old tree, the rock men who are starving, Darunia will probably give the stone to Ganondorf just to free the caves from dodongos so his people don't die off starvation, Ganondorf will forcefully take it from Princess Ruto as well, but Zelda will escape with Impa, holding the Ocarina of Time, putting Hyrule into a weird state, Ganondorf ruling the land but without true power as he is unable to access the Sacred Realm and the Triforce, and Zelda with Impa hiding in the shadows probably raising an army to strike back at the gerudo. (Whoah this turned into a new game)

Good answer :)

Now let me If.
    What If Tetra and her crew of pirates never went to Outset Island?

* reminds himself of WW plotline *
    Oh yeah.

Well, it would have been quite a bit longer before Tetra had any reason to go to the Forsaken Fortress and accidentally reveal herself to Ganon, but assumedly with an adventurous spirit like hers, Tetra wouldn't keep away from it for long, and sooner or later Ganon would have her all tied up. And assumedly at some point he would track down Link, too. Unless of course Tetra sailed off the map entirely and went somewhere else. Hopefully though, Ganon would have been successful and, evil man that he is, would have been able to reclaim thousands of acres of liveable, farmable land for everyone.

And be evil overlord of it... eh.

• If Tetra never went to outset island, wouldve been based on the fact of the bird not dropping her ON outset island. That was the whole reason it grabbed Aryll. SO if the bird never flew the direction of Outset, I still think Aryll wouldve been grabbed. As Tetra had no knowledge of her being Princess Zelda, the bird wouldve still picked up all Hylian girls. I think. Right @LinkSkywalker