Some changes are brewing...

• So, it's not surprise my life got thrown around and I ended up having very little presence here which in turn brought everything down. I sincerely apologise for that.

I love Zelda and I want to make this work. When I started a Zelda Community of my own there were three things I wanted from it:
    1. For it to be friendly
    2. For it to actually thrill in Zelda discussion
    3. For it to be engaging.

In the past the idea of a huge success frightened me and it has always pushed me down. I don't think Zelda Cavern deserves that. I think we need to aim to be our best version yet. I want you guys to enjoy being here and to create bonds like the ones I created when I was younger and frequented communities.

I still want to unify sections, appearances, prefixes, smilies, etc between both sides so I will be gathering your opinions on different matters to apply changes that will make the community easier to navigate, get some recurrent events and promote more engagement and Zelda discussion.

My computer is fixed. Tomorrow I am getting some kickass desk to comfortable spend hours tweaking behind the scenes and posting around. I will begin to advertise and possibly get us some additional trustworthy staff to help us around.

Before that, I want to take a look on the current staff to organise ourselves. This year I have learned from other communities how to better act as a leader and staff member and I am eager to apply what I have learned. I know I haven't been the best leader and I want to turn that around. Thank you for bearing with me.

If there is anything, in particular, you would like to see happening here. I am interested to hear it.

Thank you.

• I know that feeling of helplessness too. I hope it's okay for me to say this, but why don't you expand your horizons kaynil? I don't know anything about Zelda but I like the community here. I would love to drop by one in a while but I don't know what to talk.... So.....

Don't sweat. I am always eager for people to speak to speak their mind regarding things. You are as much part of this community as anyone else. I don't want to make you and other people feel alienated simply for not knowing or caring enough about the franchise. Although I want the niche of the forum to be Zelda, in no way I want to make this thread sound like I want to discourage the discussion of non-Zelda topics, I simply want in addition to them to make sure we do have something Zelda related to provide for people joining for our niche. So by all means, don't let our identity as a Zelda community intimidate you. If you want to talk about Anime or anything else you care about, bring it on. Above everything else I want this to be a community. I want members to make bonds and good memories. :J

• I think this forum is great - you already have a friendly and welcoming group of people here. Of course, you probably need a lot more of those to keep it active, but that's something I have no idea how to achieve. That's up to you, boss!

Anyway, just wanted to say I'll always be lurking! I 'joined' your community several times in the past and this time I'm staying.
    Do you have a gameplan? Like, a demographic you're going to target? There's quite a few people here around my age or older, and we elderly folk tend to lack the bottomless sack of time that younger folk have to be crazily active.

• I think this forum is great - you already have a friendly and welcoming group of people here. Of course, you probably need a lot more of those to keep it active, but that's something I have no idea how to achieve. That's up to you, boss!

Thank you, yeah. I want to bring out the welcoming people we have and also bring new members. Anything helps, so feel free to invite anyone you think could enjoy the community. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say I'll always be lurking! I 'joined' your community several times in the past and this time I'm staying.

That means a lot to me and I am really happy you are around. I can't always answer with the depth of knowledge in some topics. So please don't hesitate to talk about anything you like.

Do you have a gameplan? Like, a demographic you're going to target? There's quite a few people here around my age or older, and we elderly folk tend to lack the bottomless sack of time that younger folk have to be crazily active.

My gameplan right now is to reorganise some with the staff regarding contests, forum activities and overall improving our communication. I want to unify a bit more the Spanish and English communities to make things easier on me so I will be asking you guys feedback with some stuff and implementing some of the old suggestions we discussed previously here but never really acted upon. Starting next week I also want to advertise other communities I know are okay with advertising and get people I know from other communities to register with us.

I think it is also worth mentioning that I am doing this effort in conjunction with the Spanish side. :)

I am a huge fan of tater tot’s so if we can get those integrated into the community thinks would be great

Agreed. It'd go nicely with the drinking bar right at the lounge.
    Just to let you know, guys, dang my luck. Seriously but a chain of little somethings happened at my work place a few days after this thread and have pushed me to the sides, just so don't think I am evaporating again. It is hard for me to change my habits but I am trying to make sure to be here is small bursts every day rather than hoping to get two hours of catching up, otherwise I will never be able to move on. Had to delay things a bit but activity wise I think we can really make this month more entertaining.

I missed thanking you guys on thanksgiving day but I am really grateful for all the members here that have been my friends, even the ones that are not active right now. Many of you I met in other communities and it has been a complete delight making memories with you and having you around. I wanted to make a great detailed post but since I couldn't I don't want to miss at least telling you this. :P

• Don't sweat. I am always eager for people to speak to speak their mind regarding things. You are as much part of this community as anyone else. I don't want to make you and other people feel alienated simply for not knowing or caring enough about the franchise. Although I want the niche of the forum to be Zelda, in no way I want to make this thread sound like I want to discourage the discussion of non-Zelda topics, I simply want in addition to them to make sure we do have something Zelda related to provide for people joining for our niche. So by all means, don't let our identity as a Zelda community intimidate you. If you want to talk about Anime or anything else you care about, bring it on. Above everything else I want this to be a community. I want members to make bonds and good memories. :J

Thank you Kaynil. I will at least read the manga of zelda sometime. It's really popular after all.