Miitomo closes its servers

• Miitomo will end its service at 12:00 AM (PDT) on 5/9/2018, and we want to thank you for your support since the Miitomo app's launch.

Apparently the first mobile application developed by Nintendo came to an end today May 9, 2018. What was initially one of the most downloaded applications of 2016, today is not supported by the number of people still using it, which caused Nintendo to close their servers.

As a way to thank the users who were active until the end, there was a series of events where you could take a last picture with all the friends you had.

Sin_t_tulo.png

Source: https://miitomo.com/en/notifications/180125/

98VhIiI.png

• Something like that, you could create your Mii and dress it so that it looked great, maybe you could visit your friends, ask questions and answer what they did to you or meet new people and play some games that were not the big deal, was fun but after a while i bored you.

I played along with Kaynil and other forum friends in Spanish and if it was fun but after a while you ask the same questions and that boing.

98VhIiI.png

• Official Post

I know it is not exactly news but still Nintendo, haha. So I moved it for it to appear in the website.

I am actually pretty bummed about the decision. It felt like the app didn't last that long and it was only recently with the sidekicks and new features actually becoming complex enough.

You'd think that since they allowed to spend real money they would leave something to access, like the camera mode or dressing your avatar.

I loved the Zelda and inkling clothes, sad to know all that wardrobe was lost without a way to export to Miitopia, Tomodachi Life or something.