The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Quote from Vaati

People who should be in brawl IMO: Count bleck, Princess shroob, midna, Geno.

Well.... thats muh opinion XD

We can do without any more Mario characters, thanks. XP

As for Midna and Geno, well, Geno has some secret fan cult or something and Midna has had one appearance in one Zelda game.

I can see Geno working well, but not so much Midna. But that's just me.

(I'm probably gonna be punched for that one)

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Count Bleck? Never heard of him. :P

As for Princess Shroob, possibly an Assist Trophy. The amount of Mario characters people want is about as bad as the number of Pokemon they want playable. PS hasn't done much to contribute to the Mario world... except be evil and make a new game. She wouldn't stand a chance against Bowser Jr., who's AT LEAST been in two games so far, and has made a well enough name of himself.

Midna. Though she's only been in one game, she's gained a LOT of popularity among Zelda fans. And considering there aren't too many "decent" Zelda-related fighters to choose from (and we need more female combatants), I think she'd do just fine.

Finally, Geno. As Muigi has pointed out, he has a secret fanpool out there in the world. I have to admit, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the game as a fighter, though I won't lose too much sleep if he's not. I was happy enough to see him return in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga in a brief cameo, and even then fans were abuzz just for that.
    Plus, he was pretty much built for fighting, as we saw him in action from Super Mario RPG. He was one of the more unique characters there, and is in a lot of people's teams when it comes down to it (the other space used for either Bowser or Peach [Peach for healing purposes]).

Either way, that's how I view these guys.
    I'm still haven't gotten over Sakurai putting Deoxys in a Pokeball, though. "This one's popular..." It's an All-Star game, for Pete's Sake!! It's insane to take out someone you KNOW is popular (hence ALL-STAR)!
    *continues ranting elsewhere*

~~

UPDATE: New stage today. Not much -- just the Ice Climber stage from Melee turned DK. :\

STAGE: <Rumble Falls>

I hate scrolling stages like this... How can you fight if you're too busy jumping around? Plus, most of the time the sides of the stage are far too condensed, so it's easy to pull of a cheap KO *looks at Mushroom Kingdom II*.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I wasn't a great fan of the ice climbers stage
    although this looks ace

ladders ;-P

• The Ice Climber stage was fine and I didn't mind it at all but everyone I played with hated it so much -.-

This looks like a good stage... but... it kinda hints that... that...

ICE CLIMBERS ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bad news for me T_T I was good with them T_T

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Quote from Wild Cucco

The Ice Climber stage was fine and I didn't mind it at all but everyone I played with hated it so much -.-

This looks like a good stage... but... it kinda hints that... that...

ICE CLIMBERS ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bad news for me T_T I was good with them T_T

Highly unlikely... Look at Fourside (Melee) and Saffron City (Smash Bros.). They look identical, right? But just because Saffron City was "transformed" into Fourside, does that mean Pokemon are out? Nope. It's just that they're stages were given facelifts.

Good chance the Ice Climbers are coming back, just with a *hopefully* better stage. Personally, I always liked their Target Test stage a LOT more than their actual mountain stage...
    Ah, and just to point out, Ice Climbers were the most requested characters to be brought back, as stated in Sakurai's journal by an online "vote" (just as Sonic was the most requested 3rd party character to be in Brawl).
    But, I'll let you make your own assumptions with this.

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from Steelia

Personally, I always liked their Target Test stage a LOT more than their actual mountain stage...

*remembers insane 4-player matches in Ice Climbers' Target Test stage*

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Ha! I knew Sakurai would reveal him sometime this month... And it's about time, too. He was pretty much revealed when his stage was.

<CHARACTER: Yoshi>

YOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

It appears that now he gains an extra "boost" when he uses his Up-B move, so to help him recover... Great. That's going to be annoying with computers...
    He takes on the look from the Mario Party's, from what I see, and Mario Sunshine... except somewhat updated. Cool.

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• If the Homerun Contest returns in Brawl, Yoshi gets to protect his title as Homerun Kingpin. XD

Seriously, using that dino, I managed to get over 2,000 feet just using his down a air attack. It's the easiest way to get the Paper Mario trophy and the N64 Yoshi's Island stage.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ Seriously... He was one of the easiest characters to pull that stunt off. I remember using him to unlock Paper Mario trophy and Yoshi's Island Past Stage with great ease (even if it took four or five tries to perfect it).

Quote from Muigi

• I find it amusing...
    and somewhat disturbing. ^_^

Quote from Muigi