why?

Well, think about this:

Quote from Cal

DAMN STRAIGHT

XP

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6CMCrH0PM
    HOLY

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from Steelia

TriforceMaster3000: Of course the graphics from Melee weren't improved just by putting it in the Wii. But in my case, the Wii's more powerful engine enabled my Melee game to do things it couldn't do in my GCN (for some odd reason, Pokemon Stadium always froze on the GCN about a minute or two into the match, ALWAYS, even when I first got my GCN this was a major issue -- on the Wii, however, it works like a charm... and it's not the disc, as I have two Melee games, and both work fine on the Wii, but not on my GCN).

That's your Gamecube itself wearing out. Mine wore out as well, where it would constantly freeze whatever game I put in. I finally got a Wii though.

• ^ But it did the freezing since the day I bought it! As in, Day 1 it was already freezing, and the game discs were all fine. Only with Melee did it have this problem... -_-

Anywho, today's update! A game mode, applies to more than just Zero Suit Samus, as it's said...

<Tether Recovery>

Basically, you've fallen off the stage, but you have the ability to latch on from a distance (like in Zero Suit Samus's case, she uses her whip, or possibly in Link's, where he could use the Hookshot/Longshot). You may remember this technique from Melee... Used more with strategists, or those who are lucky enough to pull it off right.

Discussion!

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Newest update: A returning Veteran, one whom we've all been expecting since her reveal.

<Peach>

Discussion!

I'm sure some of us heard a rumor the other day... and it mentioned a Veteran and Newcomer being revealed this week. It also stated the number of characters.
    Now we know that rumor just might be true...

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board…sage.id=2568266

From the guy whom showed us a Veteran and Newcomer would be introduced this week. He appears to be in cahoots with someone about this stuff... but he refuses to elaborate on what news will cause such an uproar (at least in the Dojo Nintendo forum community).

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

I place my bet on her moves being redone with a SPP style.

Seeing the pic with Bowser in it leads me to believe she won't, which saddens me.

Anyways, my guess about the "uproar" has to revolve around the inclusion of Sonic somehow. Either that, or some other 3rd party character.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• I highly doubt Sonic will be in. He's got a very low chance, at least the way both Nintendo AND SEGA have been acting. Also, the way they've been advertising M&S at the Olympic Games really decreases the chances too.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want Sonic. Sonic is my most wanted 3rd party character. He just has a low chance from what I can tell.

Hell, I'd be surprised if he IS in Brawl.

I highly doubt Sonic will be in. He's got a very low chance, at least the way both Nintendo AND SEGA have been acting. Also, the way they've been advertising M&S at the Olympic Games really decreases the chances too.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want Sonic. Sonic is my most wanted 3rd party character. He just has a low chance from what I can tell.

Hell, I'd be surprised if he IS in Brawl.

Most wanted 3rd party?
    Miyamoto, Yugi Naka, AND Sakurai wanting him in?
    Was almost in Melee?

Yeah, Sonic's got a really low chance alright.

I don't see why he wouldn't. I'd be suprised if he WASN'T in.

Olympic Games is being released in November, one month apart from Brawl's release. They know it's a hot game and, since it's being released first, it's no suprise it is being advertised like crazy. That doesn't mean that the two companies aren't paying attention to Brawl. Hell, for all we know, Sonic could already be in the game.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• First of all, they want him in, yes. He was never "almost in" Melee. Yes, he is the most wanted third party.

Still, just because people want him doesn't mean he will be in.

Mario and Sonic does not have a release, it's just known it will be released during the holiday season. That can be anywhere between now and christmas.

They even said Sonic was not on the cards right now. And numerous other hints have even shown to me in my eyes that he has low chances.

As I said, there's a difference in wanting something and confirming something.

1. He was never "almost in" Melee. Yes, he is the most wanted third party.

Still, just because people want him doesn't mean he will be in.

2. Mario and Sonic does not have a release, it's just known it will be released during the holiday season. That can be anywhere between now and christmas.

3. They even said Sonic was not on the cards right now. And numerous other hints have even shown to me in my eyes that he has low chances.

1. Read the text under the Feel The Magic DS box.
    "It was rumored around the development time of Super Smash Bros. Melee for Gamecube that Sonic would appear as an unlockable character. Edge asked Naka-san if there is any foundation to this rumor, to which he replied, 'it was very close, but time constraints did not allow us to continue with the idea.' We can see tears welling in Nintendo and SEGA fanboy eyes as we type this out, but don't rule anything out just yet. 'The experience has left a door open for us to work with Nintendo on something in the future,' Naka-san concludes. 'So we may see Sonic and Mario working [or fighting] together soon.'"

2. Yeah, it is. It's only Holiday 2007 in Japan. It was confirmed to be released in North America by November 2007.

3. Er, since when does a European developer have any control of what happens to a Japanese-developed game? Remember, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is being made by SEGA of Europe, not SEGA of Japan. If anyone decides on adding Sonic to Brawl, it's gonna be SEGA of Japan, not SEGA of Europe, not SEGA of America, SEGA of Japan.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• 1.) One game, wow. Besides, that doesn't bring out the whole story. He was merely considered for Melee. But was not going to be put in. They got him mixed up with Snake.

2.) I never saw the confirmation anywhere. IGN isn't the most trustworthy source btw.

3.) I never said anything about that. I know for a fact that both games are being made by different people and teams. But that's besides the point and totally irrelevant to this debate.

4.) Time to change the subject.

--------------------------------------

I seriously wonder if the stickers mentioned earlier in the week will affect the gameplay itself? If they're totally like trophies, then they're just collectables, but I'd like to see how they affect the actual fights and stuff. Would be cool...

2.) I never saw the confirmation anywhere. IGN isn't the most trustworthy source btw.

Who said the link led to IGN? :P

Quote from TriforceMaster3000

I seriously wonder if the stickers mentioned earlier in the week will affect the gameplay itself? If they're totally like trophies, then they're just collectables, but I'd like to see how they affect the actual fights and stuff. Would be cool...

Yea, it would be a neat addition, but I don't think it'll affect the multiplayer part of the game. I think it's just for the single player area.

Also, I think the collectible trophies will return, no questions asked.

Quote from The Shoutbox

Sakurai already said they're Brawl's version of the trophies, so I doubt it.

Actually, he said they were easier to get than trophies. He never said the stickers are the new trophies definately.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• With tomorrow's update... What do you guys guess it will be?

I say it will be an item... If not an item, music. Haven't heard one of those in a little while.

And as for character reveal, I'm going to say a "Newcomer"... Meta Knight. He hasn't had his profile up on the site as of yet.

Quote from Muigi