The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Maybe im just all about detail and crap, but i like the look theyve given the ice climbers

the fur on their hood stands out
    creases and leather look on the mittens
    splits in hammer
    i was never a fan of the ice climbers, but they gave um a new look that i like

not that it really matters...

East side love is living on the west end.

In Soumasian: M?verik Ari?n

• Today's update: An item.

<Golden Hammer>

*cue heavenly chorus here*

It appears on a very important-looking pedastal.
    It's even more powerful than the normal hammer... and even more rare.

Fall off the stage? Tap the button repeatedly to float!

However, it may look like a powerful item... but at times, it can also malfunction. It's other nickname is the Golden Squeaky Hammer.

~This item doesn't look half-bad... though it says it's from Mario. What game did this appear in?

Discussion!!

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• The Golden Hammer, I believe, comes from Wrecking Crew for the NES. It's even in the same shape as it is in the game.

Also, I wonder how my friends will react to the squeak when they rush at someone with it. XD

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• That and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Paper Mario.

No, it's just from Wrecking Crew. Neither paper Mario or Superstar Saga had the hammer on a pedastal.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ I was wondering why people kept saying that. Looks like Wrecking Crew WAS a Mario game... Well, as I said somewhere, that hammer was either from Paper Mario, Mario Party... or some other game time forgot. Heh.

Anywho, today's Smash update... Good news for us all. DIBS AGAINST YOU SOMEDAY, MUIGI!
    A Game Mode.

<Wi-Fi Play>

This game supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If you connect your Wii to the Internet, you can enjoy linked battles with distant people!

But because this form of communication is greatly affected by the distance between you and your opponent, your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America.

The more distant you are, the worse your connection becomes, and the slower it feels. I apologize, but I hope you understand.

There are two primary connection methods. The names of these methods are "With Friends" and "With Anyone." The menus and structures of each method are pretty different.

Wii friends who have registered one another’s names can play together freely.

If you’re registered as friends, you can check each other’s status. If a friend is online and you earn his or her consent, you can enter a battle.

You can change your icon...
    And even send short messages during brawls!

These short messages are entered in advance, and you send them by taunting. There are four messages for the four directions on the + Control Pad: Up, down, left and right.

With friends, you can brawl any way you like. And there are other modes besides just free-for-alls.

You can also battle with people you don’t know who are looking for brawls. The most important point here is that you will not know each other’s names.

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.

Now, while you’re waiting for a match to start, you can kill time with a little practice on Sandbag.

Practice, practice!

We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy.

~Nice. Not that I doubted this game would have Wi-Fi... Just nice to see it 100% confirmed.
    Sandbag. Heh.

Discussion!!

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• ^ Heh. I'll probably be using Pokemon Trainer... Mainly Charizard.

Today's update: A Game Mode. Not sure how that is, but hey.

<The Enemies from Subspace>

There's Roader (one that looks like an evil motorized unicycle), Poppant (a creature that sits in a red bathtub-looking thing, which gives out candies and such goodies... and runs away if you come too close), Bytan (things that look like Voltorb from Pokemon, except their top half can be a variety of colors instead of red... oh, and they multiply if you let them sit around too long), Trowlon (a pink-like vehicle thing that lifts your character and flies off with them), Shaydas (a fog-like enemy where its core is its weakpoint), Auroros (a white, multi-color-wing-feathers bird that flies from the skies and tries to impale you with its beak), Greap (a large enemy with two sickles where its red head is its weakspot), and the R.O.B. Squad. Some fire beams, others fire missles. Watch out!

Quote from Muigi

• ^ Oh, sorry, I know it's not an actual Game Mode... It's just that its icon is, so I leave it like that. :p

Today's update: An item... Pokeball Pokemon.

<Piplup>

This is one of the Pokémon you get from Professor Rowan in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. It’s quite charming, so I’m sure there were quite a few people who chose it.

It emerges from the Poké Ball!

Suddenly, it starts sliding around using Surf!

The simpler the stage, the greater the effect of this may be. If you’re wondering why, it’s because anyone who gets caught up in that surf will get washed way with Piplup.

They’re getting washed away!

If you get washed away, do what you can to get back. Even simple characters like this really stir things up on stages.

~Personally, I feel this was too simple of an update...
    But, anywho, Piplup sounds like a cheap KOer. Get caught up in its Surf attack, you're pretty much down and out... so it seems.

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• Hmmm... R.O.B is in this game too? He's been in more games recently. I still don't like him though, heh.
    Also, there are going to be more "disappointing" updates. Looks like they're going to make an update for every Pokémon in the game.

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.

• Hmmm... R.O.B is in this game too? He's been in more games recently. I still don't like him though, heh.

He's one of the common enemies in Adventure Mode. :P

EDIT:
    http://www.famitsu.com/event/tgs/2007/1210689_1603.html
    TGS Brawl update of Snake. Plus the confirmation of the homerun bat and Mr. Saturn.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ Indeed. I've been wondering about Snake as well... Most were saying he was a no-show because Sakurai wasn't going to reveal 3rd parties this early. Guess that was kind of proven wrong. Kind of.

Today's update: Actually, a triple update.

1st:
    <Snake>

The legendary mercenary makes his miraculous Smash debut! This law-breaking news roared around the world.

He comes fully loaded with cool and showy weapons that only he could possess. Couple them with these different worlds, and it will clear a path to new horizons.

2nd:
    <Metal Gear Solid: MGS4 Love Theme (Smash Bros. Brawl Version)>

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/images/sound070921a.swf

3rd:
    <Snake: Special Moves>

It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use ordnance—so do his Smash attacks. Can that be?

(A lot of pictures... You'll have to check out the site itself to view them, as I can only post so much. However, I'll point out my personal favorite...)

Up Special Move: Cypher

Shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh!

~Cool update. That Snake music theme has to be one of my new favorite themes. Actually sounds very Hollywood-like.

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi