The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• ^ I don't know... Have you seen how identical Lucas is with Ness? It's a rather uncanny resemblance, wouldn't you say? I know this hasn't stopped Luigi from getting in, just because he may look the same as Mario... but Mario and Luigi, that's a different story. They're brothers. Ness and Lucas? No relations, from what I know. It's like replacing Roy/Marth with Ike... or something rather.

Both of these attacks are similar to Ness's attacks. Or, at least, I think they are. We have yet to see his other moves, though, so I'm hoping I'm wrong about this.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• A double update:
    The first one is a clip, showing Snake's "true introduction" into Brawl. Shows off a couple of his moves.

<Snake Joins the Brawl!>

The second, introduces a stage:

<Shadow Moses Island>

This stage recreates the structure in front of the helipad on Shadow Moses Island.

High walls on the left and right?!

Walls tower over the stage on the left and right, giving it a caged death-match feel.

The searchlight spots someone, and the"!" icon appears!

You can destroy the walls on the left and right with attacks. Those who aren?t skilled at launching foes upward may want to be proactive about attacking them.

The walls come tumbling down.

Oh, and occasionally a Metal Gear will appear from the background.

Apparently one other kind appears, too. It?s supposedly a slightly newer model.

On this stage, Snake communicates with his team to learn the key characteristics of his rivals... Whoa... Seriously?

~After those, there are three clips showing Snake talking with some team members.

Cool update... though, I have to admit, I was fooled for a moment when I saw the "Snake Joins the Brawl!" as the only update. That had me going... XD

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Oh man, those Codec moments had me rolling! XD

S: By farting?! Are you kidding me?!

C: Sadly, no. I am not kidding.

- Wario (2nd best)

ML: I don't think a normal human can keep up. I mean, just look at her.

S: ....her loss.

- Zero-Suit Samus

S: Now you got me curious. ...how about I capture one so we can see what they taste like?

O: Uhh, Snake.

- Yoshi (Probably the best one! XD)

Also, his stage looks pretty cool. With the Metel Gears coming out of nowhere, it can make some pretty interesting fights, which explains why this pic seems so epic.

Also, after looking at the Snake intro, I just noticed that the bubble shields are still in. If you look at the part with Snake and Mario fighting, you can see a bubble form around Snake when he starts blocking the Mario Tornado. ;)

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ I've never played any Metal Gear games (except for a demo of one), but I have to admit the Metal Gears roaming around in the background look pretty cool... I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them.

Today's update: A two-for-one Assist Trophy deal (just not in separate posts).

<Excitebike>

Assist Trophies are trophies that come to the aid of the player that called them out.

But these may not always be solid objects...

Th-they’re pixel art!

And there are tons of pixels racing around!

I think that in Smash, though, appearances are rarely what they seem.

By the way, there’s also an Assist Trophy for this guy.

Lakitu and Spinies! He just tosses ‘em down, one after the other.

~An interesting idea, but it doesn't surprise me to see pixel Assist Trophies. Reminds me of Mr. Game 'n Watch...

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Another double update today. First one is just another How-To segment about shielding & dodging.

The 2nd one is Fox's Final Smash, in which he decides to bring out the Landmaster.

Woah, heads up to anyone near Fox.

You can ride on the top of the Landmaster...

...but it's not recommended.

Driving the Landmaster, Fox can roll, hover, and even fire the cannon.

MASSIVE DAMAGE

Quote from The Shoutbox

• The Fox Final Smash update was neat... I honestly didn't see that one coming.
    And the shielding/dodging... Who didn't know how to do that? :P

EDIT: Probably one of the better updates in a while... In my opinion.
    Grab a sibling (or team with a friend) and start Adventure Mode, because...!

<Team>

I will announce this right here, right now. In Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary, you can also play with two players simultaneously!

Congratulations! It’s co-op play!

So, whether you’re siblings or close friends, two can play together.

Of the two, one will be the protagonist. Essentially, the camera follows the protagonist, so the other player has to keep up.

Player 2 is kind of like another option.

Basically, it is the same as a standard Smash brawl, so if you take damage and get knocked off the screen, you lose a life.

However, this mode features a space jump that allows Player 2 to return to where Player 1 is even after getting left off the screen.

If Player 2 gets separated from Player 1 by the screen scroll, he or she will quickly space jump back to Player 1's side. But, if Player 2 gets knocked off the screen by an enemy, that counts as a lost life.

You just come back naturally.

The Subspace Emissary has the following map screen.

This is the map!

The protagonists form teams based on the developments in the story, and the characters they encounter join their team.

Your stock count, or the number of lives you can lose, is set for each stage.

In single-player mode, each time you lose a life, you switch to a different character on your team and are revived as that new character until you run out of stock lives. (You choose the character order for your team members at the start of each stage.)

In co-op mode, when either player 1 or player 2 loses a life, that player will be revived as another team member until your stock count runs out.

But, if Player 1 loses a life after the stock count has run out, that’s the end! Player 2 is participating simply as an optional player, so be careful.

By the way, you can also choose the difficulty level.

From Easy to Intense!

If you choose Easy, it will be quite easy indeed, so we definitely want people who aren’t very good at this type of game to give it a try! Even they will be able to make it to the ending.

But, if you choose a harder difficulty, your rewards will be greater. That’s another part of the fun.

And...

There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before.

I’ll explain this in great detail another time.

~Too cool. I've always wanted this option since playing the original Super Smash Bros.... I have three other siblings, so it's always a hassle waiting (and quite boring) when one of us is trying to finish up Adventure Mode by themselves, dying continuously or just standing around and pausing and such. With this, you keep yourself pumped by moving onwards. And in my case, if we lose stock and choose a different player, we could swap controls with another. Hehe. Nice.

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• Welp, we see another adventure team, it seems. Somewhere in the game, Pit and Mario must meet and partner up with each other. Remember what Sakurai said,

"The protagonists form teams based on the developments in the story, and the characters they encounter join their team."

The people that join you can be controlled by Player 2, apparently. So that means if Fox and Samus team up in Fox's story, Player 1 controls Fox while Player 2 controls Samus. Makes sense. :P

[/Simple explanation for dummies]

"There?s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army?a method that has not been seen before.

I?ll explain this in great detail another time."

I wonder what he means by this....

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Co-op mode sounds really awesome because my brother and I are such a dynamic duo ^^

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Well, this is undoubtably going to be my last Smash Bros. Brawl update here, so I might as well take it while I can. :P

Today's update: Zero Suit Samus's special moves.

<Standard Special Move: Paralyzer>

Bzzzzzzzzzzt! I can?t get enough of this.

A personal protection device, the paralyzer stuns opponents. If you can charge it up for a bit, you can land additional attacks while your opponent is stunned.

But this is only self-defense at best. It does not have the power of an explosive attack. Where and when you use this is key.

What really brings out some characteristic Samus skills is when this gun transforms and releases a whip: the Plasma Whip.

<Side Special Move: Plasma Whip>

The flash at the tip of this short whip is quite powerful!

<Up Special: Plasma Wire>

Shoot it straight up to pull enemies toward you!

These two moves can be used to grab and hang from an edge. They can reach even if the ledge is pretty far away, so pay close attention to distance and timing and aim to dangle from the edge.

Pzzzzt! What a magnificent edge grab!

~Not a bad moveset, I suppose, though most of the specials deal with that plasma whip...
    From the looks of it, the whip's sweetspot will be at the tip, kind of like how Marth's sword was most powerful when he hit an opponent with it at the very tip of it.

Discussion!!!

Quote from Muigi

• I still say Zero-Suit Samus won't have a Final Smash, since she has to use one to become this way in the first place. Doesn't make sense to have a move that you'll never see. >>

Quote from The Shoutbox

• If there's one thing Brawl needs is that it needs a better way to organize what items appear in the arena. I didn't like that I either had to have an item on or off. This time, I'd like to see items have their own steady appearance.

For example, you could set Beam Swords to very high and Heart Containers to low.

Quote from The Shoutbox