Does X-Play deserve to rate games?

• I watch this show some times on G4 TV, and I just happen to notice that all these monster based games and such, are getting low scores. However, guns, violence, and some games like that are also getting higher scores. Not to mention, some of the Wii games are getting low scores, PS3 ones are getting normal, and some others higher. Are they bias? Are they just picking games they like? Do you think this fair?

I think this is jack-shit. I mean Pokemon gets a lower score, and I know its just the same game over and over, but what about GTA? Its been the same shit over and over, and yet it gets higher scores. I think that X-Play is freaking biased about games, systems, and etc.

• Quote from Shrukan

I think that X-Play is freaking biased about games, systems, and etc.

And that there pretty much hits the nail on the head with my opinion. Most people these days are biased around Sony. Why Sony? I'm not sure. It doesn't make sense to me. Since Sony came out with the Play station back some time ago; Sony has been up-rooting Nintendo. My point is: Nintendo's got more 'innovative' designs for their systems & games. Let's do a bit of comparison here:

Play station 3: Boring action with a control you hold and press buttons on. It may react when you tilt or thrust with it...But it still provides the boring control methods that Sony has stuck with throughout their video gaming consoles / portables

The Wii: Motion Sensor Remote; Provides interesting game play as much movement is involved through swinging, thrusting, tilting, pumping, and other various motions that can be used with your hands.

Now to get back on topic; X-Play is very biased on the way they rate. Nintendo has some of the move innovative designed games, And yet you see Sony hogging all the glory. X-Play needs to get there minds out of Sony and recognize the greatness that is Nintendo for a few. And thus ends my extremely long rant.

• EXACTLY! I think that Nintendo is getting the short end of the stick/rope/whatever and Sony seems to be pleasing everyone since it was the first to make CD based games that actually are good *shoots Zelda and Mario CD-I*. X-play has to be fair about their ratings and such, and not be like other places that got their asses ran over by Zelda/Nintendo Fans.

• Wow CD's great...Yeah just about EVERY game and program now uses those. Woo-Hoo for Sony!

Ok Seriously; I like Nintendo. Not only did I grow up on Zelda Games for the most part, But Nintendo has ownership over (in my mind; and feel free to disagree with this statement) two of the best gaming systems on the market today: The Wii & the DS. Both provide a unique gaming control style as well as unique gaming environments within the games. The fact that the PS3 has Blu-Ray HD isn't something they should be bragging about. When it comes down to the game play & control methods; Sony needs to shift it up about Twenty gears.

• Welcome to the corrupt world that is G4. It used to be pretty awesome, with Judgement Day and all those other awesome shows. But now it's been reduced to nothing more than a ripoff of MTV, with no actual shows about games and more shows like Cops and Arrested Development being put on the air.

Anyways, X Play lost its flavor a long time ago. If you never thought they were biased, then where the hell did you come from, I ask you. They've been biased about everything they review nowadays. I'm sure fanboys would come up with bulls*** excuses for the reviews like, "Well, the Wii games are more aimed at kids and babies, so that explains the low scores. You want a more manly system, then get [insert PS3 or 360 name here]" Yeah, God forbid you see a guy in his twenties playing a Nintendo Wii instead of the bloodsheded chaos of a PS3 or 360. If I wanna see bloodbathed carnage, then I'd just whip out GTA 3 or Halo 2 and play that all day, I don't need the sequel to a game if it's gonna have the same crap over and over again just because it's a sequel. Sure, Zelda does that from time to time, but at least they throw in some new mechanics and puzzles along the way to keep up the entertainment value. I don't need a game so realistic that the graphics will burn my eyes, thank you.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• I hate all the realistic guns and violent games XD They're just everywhere XD Fantasies like Zelda beat them and no one seems to recognize them anymore.

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• To be fair, where I'm from, it seems that X-Play is the only show on TV that gives a crap about Wii and Gamecube.
    Everyone is Playstation this, X Box that....
    Thats what...that's what really pisses me off...
    Its really hard to get a very good fair game rater...
    Anyone who likes pokemon can easily give it a 5 out out 5...
    But someone who is fedup of it, will look for its faults...

So in the end, we really don't have fair rating anymore...
    An BTW, everyone is going choosing Graphics over Gameplay these days....which is bull in my opinion..

• Quote from Oni Lunk

An BTW, everyone is going choosing Graphics over Gameplay these days....which is bull in my opinion..

I agree with you. It could have the best graphics in the damn world, but the world's shittiest gameplay, storyline, music.

• Quote from Oni Lunk

I can agree with that also; Many people hate one of my favorite games: Final Fantasy 8. Sure; Graphics sucked, But the game play is awesome. It kept me well more than busy over my summer when I played it.

• It's because of the danged media, that's what. They advertise it so to hook younger, unknowing viewers, most of whom probably hear it from friends to begin with. I can't STAND media like that. They try to represent certain icons -- like Nintendo -- in a childish manner, while gorier games -- like for the PS3 or 360 -- are considered "in." Then the kids complain, "Oh that game sucked! Why did I get it! Stupid PS3/360!" and yet they continue to buy bullcrap merchandise from the same companies. They think Nintendo is kiddy because it's FAMILY oriented. The PS3 and 360 don't even know a word such as FAMILY exists. They want to brainwash our gaming generation into thinking families aren't anything anymore.
    My parents get a kick out of Wii Sports, and will occasionally play with us now. They don't even know what the hell the A or B buttons do, let alone what previous generaton consoles there have been, and yet now they can pick up a control (something they hated us doing) and play. They even ENCOURAGE us to play the Wii because it has us play together. As-- a-- FAMILY. (I especially love it when my dad and mum play Boxing against one another. XD Ruthless.)

I am the proud owner of a Wii, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Nintendo's made great games like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fox, and a whole list of others. These are the games that started it all, and if it weren't for those icons, we'd be outside messing with sticks and stones (and probably breaking our bones). Have you noticed that Mario and Pokemon are numbers 1 and 2 respectively on the Most Games Sold list? I don't remember seeing Halo anywhere on there.

I'm ending now. I could go on... but I'd rather stop. Ehehe... *coughs* Sorry about that.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Meh, I listen to their reviews. I personally like the show, and I guess I agree with their reviews half the time... nothing else to it for me, really. So I guess they deserve to rate games. :P

-Linkie

• I dont like the show, although they come up with some good reviews, they just pick to many favorites, they dont do it professionally, if i was in that job i would do it well, and give some of the lesser known yet fun games a chance.