Hunter's Chance (All who wish to join)

• It was that specific time of year again in the Fortress City named Arshiark. Their world famous event that gathered millions of fighters & warriors throughout the lands: "Hunter's Chance". Many hoped to gain fame, others wanted the prize money of 500,000 gold coins. Although this city is isolated by mountains & a coastline, many still manage to find their way to this magnificent Fortress City. Aronath approached the center of Arshiark, where registrations were being held for the Hunter's Chance event. He then proceeded towards the registration booth.

"Your Name, Sir?" asked the gentleman behind the booth.

"Aronath Bahtra" responded Aronath.

"Very Well. Be patient as I register you into the event, Mr. Bahtra." stated the gentleman.

Aronath waited for what seemed like half an hour; reading his book as usual until the man behind the booth finally put a card in front of Aronath.

"Here you are, Mr. Bahtra. You have officially been registered to participate in the Hunter's Chance event tomorrow morning. Do you require anything else in the mean time, Sir?" asked the gentleman.

"Perhaps you could tell me where I might find an Inn or some place to stay during the evening?" questioned Aronath.

The man simply pointed to the large building across the street and said: "Right there, It costs 75 gold coins per night. But for what the Shadow House Inn provides; It's well worth it, Sir."

Aronath took his registered card for the event and put it in a pocket in his coat; Then proceeded towards the Shadow House Inn. Aronath then proceeded into the open door of the Inn and went to the Innkeeper at the counter.

"I'd like to stay the night here, Just tonight though."

"Your name please?" asked the Innkeeper.

"Aronath Bahtra"

"Very Well, Here is your Room Key; You have been given Room 9 on the 2nd floor. Please enjoy your stay tonight."

Aronath proceeded up the long flight of stairs that went to the 2nd floor of the Shadow House Inn. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, He heard a rather nice harp melody from down the hall. As he looked around he thought quietly. "The name of this Inn doesn't really describe it, It seems rather quiet and relaxing. It probably won't stay that way much longer as people are just starting to register for the event." After thinking for a few minuets, he then unlocked his room and proceeded in, shutting and locking the door behind him.

• (Populated event... Shouldn't be too hard to miss... Just keep walking... for about another 20 miles. What was I thinking?)

Akira Tanaka. A young man, 23 years old, carrying with him a duel-powered sword, a desert-colored cloak, and an empty sack once carrying food and water.
    After wandering through a desert-like landscape for the past five days, Akira had thought he had been through it all. But this clearly opened his eyes.

(Next time I'll drive,) he scowled to himself, tightening the straps for his sword around his shoulders.

Akira Tanaka is a young man, 23 years old, carrying a duel-powered sword, a desert-colored cloak, an empty sack once carrying food and water... and memories. Memories of a past he would never forget, and events that had just so recently unfolded.

6 years ago, when Akira was 17 years of age, he had awoken inside the ravine of a mountain. What he was doing in there, he would come to learn. But the adventures he would face would have been the last things he would have expected to gain the answers to questions.
    Born into a well-off family consisting of a demon-father, an angel-mother, two twins and a younger sister, Akira became lost during his lifetime at a young age, and has since been questioning his existance over and over. Only years later, when he was 22 years of age, did he finally discover his purpose: to save the World from its own evil. And when he did, the World neither recognized him nor praised him for it. He became just another face in the reborn Earth, and he couldn't have been happier that way.

With an expecting wife back home in Tokyo, along with countless other friends (including a certain nurse and her egg-shaped "pocket monster"), Akira had ventured away from modern life to rediscover himself, promising his wife he would return to see her give birth to a set of twins.

But what were his true intentions for leaving his beloved home? Was it truly to find himself again? Or was there a deeper meaning to his actions?
    In all reality, it wasn't very complicated: Akira had traveled away to see how he would fare against the World, as he had once fought against it... and won. Now that his powers of old had faded away into the Heavens (literally), he became curious of his own abilities. And the best way to test it: at a world renowned event.

Hunter's Chance.
    He had seen the posters around town, but didn't know what to expect. For a time, he thought it would be some joke-run tournament of wannabe fighters. But when he overheard some friends of his speaking of it, and saying how the turnout was always tremendous and fighters were ruthless, Akira figured he was up to the challenge.

And that is why Akira is where he is today: 20 miles ago, he was told he would find the tournament grounds, and the registration booth, by following a straight road with no leads whatsoever.

(So much for being "world renowned"... There isn't so much as a picket sign about it!) he grumbled. Sweat was pouring down his face, almost like a shower. He was constantly wiping away the beads from his forehead, face and eyes. The pants he wore were of no help. At least he was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, but even that was of little comfort... because it was black.
    (I really need to find some different shirts.)
    And the sword on his back wasn't so much trouble, but it did tend to unbuckle -- seemingly by itself -- from around his strapped shoulders as he carried it like a bookbag. It wasn't very comfortable, but it was much more suiting than having it on his waist or near his hip. He had tried it once before... but the sword was a bit large for that kind of carrying style.

For the next half-hour, Akira would keep trudging along, humming to himself, or thinking of his wife, Yukina. She was a beautiful thing, with lavender hair and fuschia-colored eyes that were so happy and vibrant. He remembered when he first met her, in a mansion about two years ago, when the adventure of his life was just beginning... She was so timid then. In fact, she was afraid of men because she had lost her memory. But with a little bit of elbow grease (and some support from the mansion's owner), Akira was able to give his future wife the support she needed to regain her lost memories, and face her past once and for all. She had thought she had killed her father -- whom was drunk, and nearly raped her the night she supposedly killed him -- but about a week after she returned with Akira to Tokyo, he was found alive and well in a hospital, and he had completely given up drinking the night she knocked him cold. The two's relationship has increased substantially since then, and there are no hard feelings between either of them.
    Yukina... The name rang in Akira's mind like a comforting, cool wind. It carried him into another world, where his mind could remain at ease. It made the minutes pass in seconds. And seeing her face in his mind, smiling at him, and her arms stretched to embrace him... made it feel as if--

Voices carried by the wind brought Akira back to reality. And before he had enough time to recollect himself, just past the horizon... he could see a large city, and people scattered about it. In fact, he could even see mountains -- and what appeared to be an ocean beyond that -- bordering just along the city's limits.
    Picking up his pace, and tightening his sword's straps once again, Akira sprinted towards the town, his energy replenished by thoughts of his wife... and of food, and of cool water, and maybe even a hot shower.

Registration for the tournament was packed. There were people of all different shapes and sizes covering the registration floor. No surprise, as it was the day before the deadline. Still, for being the last day, it was a tremendous turnout. Fortunately, the building they were housed in was more than enough for all the eager fighters to sit in and wait around.

After a bit more shoving through the sea of fighters, Akira found what he was looking for: the registration booths, and there were plenty of them (though one or two were out for lunch, or processing in cards). The good news was, he had finally made it. The bad news: all lines he could see were long. Very long. The shortest line had some thirty or fourty people in it, and every now and again the smaller ones would be cut in front of by the bigger competitors.
    (Jerks,) Akira thought.
    With not much else to do except find a suitable line, Akira scanned the booths for a nice spot to settle.
    ...That is, until he noticed one of the closed booths reopening. Through all the fussing of fighters, no one -- except for Akira -- was able to hear or see the booth manager sit, and call out "Booth open. Line up."
    Taking his time, Akira made it to the front of the line with ease. It was a good ten or so seconds before anyone else even noticed the new registration opening.
    Smiling at Akira, the booth manager -- a middle-aged, pretty woman wearing some light makeup but a heavy amout of lipstick -- clicked a pen, and began writing something on one of the papers she had brought with her. Then she turned her attention back to him, still smiling softly.

"Your name?" she asked, to which Akira replied:
    "Akira Tanaka."
    The woman nodded her head, then wrote out Akira's last name, then first, on the sheet of paper.
    "Is this correct?" she asked, turning the paper so that Akira could check his name.
    "Ah... kee... ra... Ak, good... I, r, a... Tanaka... Tan... k... Yes, that's right."
    The woman nodded her head again, then she pointed to some seats in the back, and asked that Akira wait for a while as she register and process in the other fighters.

About half-an-hour later, Akira, who had found himself in a daze after sitting so long, was brought back when he saw the familiar form of the lady who checked him in.
    "Tanaka... Akira?" she said, holding the card in front of her.
    "Oh, yes!" Akira responded, then he took the card and briefly examined it. It wasn't much, just a simple proof-of-registration with his first and last names, his number, and other information he assumed the runners of the tournament would understand.
    "You have officially been registered to participate in the Hunter's Chance event tomorrow morning," the woman said kindly. For the first time, Akira noticed her nametag. Lizabeth. "Do you have any questions, concerns, regarding the tournament?"
    "Hmm..." Akira murmured. "Questions... Would you happen to know of any good hotels, or inns around here?"
    "Well," Lizabeth turned and pointed towards the tournament building's exit, which was slowly beginning to clear of people. "If you go down the street, you'll find the Shadow House Inn. It costs about 75 coins per night, but considering other hotels in the area cost much more due to booking for the tournament, it's the best choice."
    "Wait... coins?" Akira remarked. (Oh, perfect! They have a different form of currency here! How could I forget to bring some spare change??)
    "Not to worry, sir," Lizabeth assured him. "You're lucky. They're holding special bargains for newly registered fighters. One free night, and breakfast in the morning."
    "Whew. That's a relief." (One night? I know I'm probably going to be here more than one night... but, it's better than no night.)
    Thanking Lizabeth for her help and shaking her hand, then putting his card into his pants' pocket, he set out to the Shadow House Inn.

The Shadow House Inn wasn't as intimidating as it sounded. It was a luxurious hotel, possibly even five-star from the way it looked. For a name like "Shadow Inn," it was definately pleasant to the eyes!
    Akira entered through the open entrance of the building, and caught sight of the Innkeeper behind the counter. He was dealing with another person, so Akira stood in line and waited.
    (Probably one of the fighters,) he thought to himself.
    "...night, though," the person had finished saying.
    "Your name, please?" the Innkeeper asked the man, whom held out his card to be recognized as one of the tournament's qualified. Akira noted this to himself.
    "Aronath Bahtra," the man replied, tucking his card away after the Innkeeper was finished with it.
    "Very well, here is your room key; you have been given Room 9, on the 2nd floor. Please enjoy your stay tonight."
    The man, Aronath, nodded, then proceeded without another word.
    (Interesting,) Akira thought. (I wonder if I'll go against him in the tournament! Ah, well. I won't get my hopes up too much for it...)
    Stepping to the counter, Akira smiled and pulled out his card.
    "Welcome to the Shadow House Inn, sir. Are you competing in tomorrow's tournament?"
    "Yes, I am."
    "Name, please?"
    "Akira Tanaka." Akira handed the Innkeeper his card, whom checked through a computer's database. After a few clicks, he handed Akira his card, as well as the key to his room.
    "Very well, here is your room key; you have been given... let me check that... Room 10, on the 2nd floor. Please enjoy your stay tonight."
    "Thanks," Akira responded, then he headed in the same direction as the man from before, Aronath, had been heading.
    (I wonder what kind of people I will face here? It's been a little while since I've had any "normal" competition... Jeez, giant monsters, aliens from outerspace, even demons, egyptian gods, and evil incarnations... I've just about fought them all!) He chuckled to himself up the stairs.

As he made it into the 2nd floor, the faint sound of a harp could be heard playing down the hall.
    (This hallway reminds me of the mansion...)
    Akira noticed the rooms were divided on two sides: the left side of the hall had the odds, whilst the right side of the hall had the evens. Obviously, Akira's room would be somewhere on the right.
    Walking quietly down the dimly-lit hallway, Akira found his room and immediately began opening it. He pushed open the door, and stepped in.
    The room was cold -- almost to the point of freezing! Other than this detail, the room itself was tidy and well-kept. The beds were made, the windows were curtained and shut, and there were no spots on the walls or dressers. It was almost as if no one had even entered this room before.
    (Now THAT'S clean,) Akira thought to himself as he unstrapped his sword and placed it on one of two beds. (This place is about as thoroughly cleaned as Miwako can clean it...)
    Miwako, back in Tokyo, was the maid of his house. A close friend, Miwako first met Akira in the same place Akira met Yukina, his wife. She never seemed to mind cleaning. In fact, she seemed to enjoy it, as she also had a part-time job in Tokyo as a waitress, to give orders to customers and clean after them.
    (Ahhh, Miwako. I could sure go for some of your cooking about now...)
    With the cold air getting to him, Akira went over to the air conditioner, located just below the windows of the room. For some reason, whomever had stayed in this room before had set the temperature on max AC, and on the lowest possible temperature.
    (The only type of people who could live in such an environment comfortably would be snowmen!)
    Shrugging his shoulders, Akira set the AC to a more comfortable setting, and let it go by itself.
    (That's better. I wonder where they serve food here...? But I suppose I will worry about that tomorrow. I had my supper on my way here... I KNEW I should have saved it... I'm starving now! And they require coins as currency!)
    Sighing to himself, Akira hoisted himself on the second bed -- as on the first was his sword, cloak, and supplies -- and made himself comfy on the spring mattress. He could get used to this.
    On a desk beside the bed, Akira saw a phone. On it, there was a small sticky note: "FREE HOURS - 7pm TO 7am ONLY".
    (Ah, that's good,) Akira said to himself. (It's about midday, so I'll have to wait a little longer before I can call Yukina... I hope she's doing okay. I promised to call her yesterday, but I wasn't anywhere near a town... and the last place I was in didn't allow free minutes. Shoot.)
    Putting those thoughts aside, Akira got back to his feet and went off to the bathroom for a hot shower.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Avinash laughed as he crouched on a tree branch. His body was fully covered in a brown cloak besides the two black dragon wings that sprouted from his back.

"So it begins." he said, "The time where men fight for glory or money.... Ooh how soon will they see I fight for yet another cause.." His tail whipped behind him like an excited dog. "Oh yes... how I love to see that color splattered amongst the field of battle..."

He leapt off the branch and walked calmly in the streets, hiding away the decayed left arm under his cloak. The last he wanted was someone to come at him and ask if he was alright.

He proceeded towards the registration booth, walking calmly as he could.

"Are you registering?" said the man behind the booth.

"Yes."

"Your name?"

"Avinash Sulfura."

"Very well. Please wait while I register you."

Avinash waited some time for his card to appear, all the while examining the other fighters. Some hard huge muscles, yet Avinash sensed no powers from them. He saw others with high magical strength, but a thin body.

"Fools." he said silently to himself. "They strengthen one part of their body, whether physical or magical, and never trained the other."

"Here you go, Mr. Sulfura. You have officially been registered to participate in the Hunter's Chance event tomorrow morning. Do you require anything else in the mean time, Sir?"

"A place to rest?" Avinash said.

The man pointed at the Shadow House Inn down the road. "It'll cost you 75 coins a night, but it's well worth it."

Avinash took the card and put it into his pants pocket and walked over to the Inn.

"I need no rest, but I mustn't draw attention... Not until the right moment." he said to himself, opening the door to the Inn. "Not until the plan is ready..."

"Hello? Would you like to rest here for the night?" a woman asked.

"Yesss..." Avinash said with a slight hiss.

"Your name?"

"Avinash Sulfura."

"Alright..." She grabbed a key from the desk drawer. "Room 3 on the first floor."

Avinash grabbed the key with his right hand and walked to the room; opening up the door, and then closing then locking it. His room was dark, but he didn't mind as he could see fine with the little light in the room. He kept the cloak on himself and then proceed to grabbing a match and lighting the fireplace in the room. The fireplace was warm and inviting, but Avinash only stood at the flame and then walking over to the bed.

He grabbed the blanket, and rolled into the bed smiling as he pulled the blanket back on him.

"My plan will start with the first man...."

• Upon entering the room, Aronath spotted the nicely made bed near the bathroom. This room was also lit by the daylight outside and had a fireplace for night time heating & light. Aronath then proceeded to drop his equipment onto the bed and take off his trench coat. A knock was then sounded from the door, so Aronath approached the door and unlocked it.

The knight stood at the door and said: "Aronath Bahtra?"

Aronath responded: "Yes, What is so important that you seek me out when I've just arrived in the Inn here from long travels?"

"I'm sorry for this disruption Mr. Bahtra, It has been requested that you meet with the King tomorrow morning before your partaking in the Hunter's Chance event."

"Under what circumstances?"

"He simply requested your presence, That is all."

"Very Well, I will be there."

Aronath then shut the door behind him and locked. "Why does the king want to meet with me? After all, I'm just like everyone else..." Aronath thought that over and over to himself. After several minuets of sitting on his bed, Aronath pulled something out of his trench coat; His Flute. He then began to play a melody on his flute, one that was the tune of an ancient folk song from his island. As he was playing, He could hear most of the festivities going on outside. From sign-ups for the Hunter's Chance, To Archery & Magery contests. After playing his flute for a few minuets, He then proceeded to grab his Flameberg and walk out of the room; locking his door behind him. "I heard there's a practice ground around here for entrants into the contest; Perhaps I should brush up on my skills" he thought to himself as he walked down the stairway to the first floor of the Shadow House Inn.

• There wasn't much for Akira Tanaka to do after he finished his shower. It was pleasant, as short as it was. But his body ached for... something more. Competition? Perhaps. Even he wasn't exactly sure.
    Nevertheless, Akira, his hair still dripping wet and his waist wrapped around by a complementary white towel labeled "SIH", took out some of his spare clothes from out of his sack, which once carried food and water. A mist of steam was still pouring out of the bathroom, but quickly evaporated because of the room's cooler temperature.
    Putting his clothes on, Akira stuffed his "dirty" ones back in the sack, then frizzed his hair up a bit with the towel he had used. After that, he took out a comb and neatly combed his hair the way he always has.
    After dumping his towel in a nearby clothes bin, he went back by the phone and sat down near it, his emotions edgy, and his body uneasy.
    (I want to talk with Yukina,) he thought to himself, (but I don't have any money on me... Why does it still have to be the afternoon??)

With a feeling of restlessness, all Akira could do was wait around for nightfall to come.
    During this time, he caught sight of a fireplace, located on the opposite side of the beds.
    "Hmm, a fireplace," Akira mumbled, standing to his feet and checking it out.
    It was a metallic box, covered with a net of metal strings and locked near the bottom with a cheap lock. Inside, there was a glass, heat-proof window pane, and after that only darkness... Perhaps it was electronically controlled?

(This fireplace reminds me of our mansion,) Akira thought. It was rather true. Akira's home back in Tokyo wasn't an ordinary home. It was a near-exact replica of the mansion where he met his wife Yukina, and also the maid Miwako, and many of his other friends. It was a mansion he would forever treasure. And even the replica itself was unsatisfying. Of course, he couldn't have been happier in such an expensive home, and if it weren't for his friends, there would have been no way he could have supported it. Luckily, almost everyone he knows lives in it, and does their part to pay for bills and other things.
    Akira took another glance into the fireplace, shrugged his shoulders, then went back to rest on his bed. He kept peeping at the phone at the corner of his eye, but to his displeasure it never rang (although he knew it probably never would). Leaving the phone to itself, Akira stretched on his bed, and thought it best if he got some shut-eye... at least until nightfall, that way he could talk with the one he loved most.
    (I just hope I wake up in time,) he thought in a daze...

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Its was the day of the tournament. The sun was high in the sky, sending fresh waves of sunlight to the town below. People freely walked the streets, all of whom, though, went to the Arena.

"Sunlight..." Avinash hissed from underneath his cloak. "Oh how I despise it..." He stepped over to the window and looked below to the crowds of people running to the Arena. "These fools live and thrive in the light while I thrive in darkness. No matter. All will thrive in darkness soon."

He gazed at the sun for a split second and back down to the crowd below.

"A pitiful group I must say." Avinash said. "Their aura... so weak... so feeble... If I wish I could kill them in an instant... But what would be the fun in that?" He laughed. "Yes this is all a game... My game... I make the rules... All these people, men and women alike... just pawns in my game. No more than a small tool that I can easily...." He grabbed a glass cup in his hand and instantly crushed it into pieces. "....crush..."

He smilied and walked out his room, wearing his cloak over his body.

Time is now.... to put my plan into action... Yes.... The Arena will serve a good burial grounds for all the men that try to stop me.
    He smilied and clutched his right hand into a fist, digging his nails into his skin, creating a fresh open wound. He smilied, calmed down a bit, and proceeded to the Arena. A perfect ground indeed....

• "...just arrived this afternoon. See, I told you I could make it!"
    Akira, settling down for the night, had managed to survive about 7 hours worth of impatience and staring at his telephone. When the manager gave the "You have free minutes" announcement, Akira immediately picked up the phone and called his beloved. In all honesty, Akira had never been in such a rush to talk with someone... especially over the phone!
    At the moment, Akira is speaking with his wife, Yukina.

Akira laughs as he continues the conversation.
    "No, no, I'm perfectly fine... though I wish I could have brought some more food with me." Silence... "Yes, yes, you were right, you win. I should have brought more food to begin with. Next time I'll listen to you." Silence... Chuckling. "Well, the tournament doesn't start till tomorrow morning, and..." Silence... "No, it's fine. I can stay up a while longer. If I didn't call you, I'd be up all night!" Akira laughs. Silence... "Well, thanks... I love you, Yukina." Silence... "I don't know... I just kinda felt like saying it. Ehehe..." Silence... "Thanks, hun. I wish I could be with you, too. I'm beginning to think that this tournament idea was nothing but a stupid..." Silence... "All right, if you say so. I'll try to enjoy myself. All I have is a picture of you..."
    Akira pulls out his wallet from his pants' pocket. In one of the side pockets, he takes out a square picture. It is the picture of a smiling, lavender-haired woman.
    "Yes..."

The conversation continues for a long while. Akira makes sure to use up all the time he has before he went to bed.

When he finally finished, Akira rolled on his side and stared at the ceiling. He could picture his wife... his new family ahead of him. He could see all his friends... but he shuddered whenever he envisioned the events of the past. Keizer... Dark Boss... Oblivion... Such terrible, ruthless foes. How could such people exist in real life? Where did they go wrong in their pasts? Of course, Keizer was an alien, so Akira wasn't sure how THEIR family's styles were, and Dark Boss was nothing more than a manifestation, created by Oblivion. And Oblivion... was the root of Evil itself. The creation of all man's hatred, sins, and spiteful acts, combined into one supernaturally superpowered demonic essence.

With the overwhelming thoughts of his past before him, Akira shut out his mind and closed his eyes. In that state, he went to sleep, the picture of his wife unknowingly beside him.

Morning light leaked into Akira's quiet room. There was a sudden stillness in the air -- no motion, no sounds, nothing at all.
    But it was because of this quietness that Akira woke from his slumber. He had grown used to his days in his mansion in Tokyo -- always in the morning, there was some kind of wake-up call for him. Yukina shaking him to awaken... The smell of breakfast, the sizzling of bacon... The rush hour outside, with normal Tokyo citizens heading for work... None of this was here.
    Akira suffered from slight nostalgia upon waking up where he was. He had almost forgotten he had reached the Shadow House Inn, and was only sleeping on a bed because he was allowed for free. The past week, he had been "camping" outside, as during his trek he had no money to use, nor anybody who lived in the area. That was fine. At least nature was kind enough not to bug him. Lucky.

It was the day of the tournament, but amazingly no one seemed to be up.
    Stretching and opening his window, the sweet smell of seawater lifted Akira's spirits. It reminded Akira of the island...
    The city was beautiful at this time of hour. The sun was just rising into the sky, and half the land below was still covered in shadow. The sky was painted in reds, oranges, pinks and pale blues. But there was still that certain stillness in the air.

"Well, at least it's peaceful," Akira said to himself quietly, shutting his window and yawning. "Now to prep for the tournament."
    Glancing at the clock next to his bed, he saw that it was only 5:33am. The idea struck him for a moment... Could he be able to call her? Akira shook out the thought. There was the time difference, and it was a good chance she was already sleeping. Besides, he had said all he wanted to say last night. He wouldn't feel right continually calling her. It felt like nagging.
    "Ack."
    Akira left the phone alone, grabbed some spare clothes from his bag, and went off to the bathroom for a refreshing morning shower... before the other fighters got up and used the hot water!

Quote from Muigi

• ((Anorath is going to be gone for a long while. ^^; ))

Avinash grabbed the turned the door handle and proceeded walking out the door, making sure his cloak was coering his left arm. He smilied a bit and proceeded down the hallway.

Akira followed the opposite direction, walking past Avinash. However he stopped and looked at Avinash. Avinash did the same, gazing at Akira's figure.

To Akira, Avinash was a gaint, standing nearly a foot and a half taller than him with jet black wings and a scaly tail. Avinash's arms to him were a half larger than his own. His legs were strong, but hard to see. Akira also noted that the cloak Avinash wore was covering most of his body, but the right side.

While Akira was observing, Avinash did the same. However he did not care for his physical attributes, but his spiritual attributes. Avinash sensed hardly any and turned his head walking away with his tail right behind.

Akira turned, still looking at Avinash, a bit nervous from meeting one as tall and muscular as him.

Weakling... Avinash thought. Just another weakling...

He walked out of the Inn door and proceed down to the Arena, which was just a mile ahead. People crowded and ran past Avinash, but he kept his cool and continue to walk past them. The closer he got to the Arena, the more people shoved into him.

He growled and flapped his wings hard into the ground and sped towards the arena, his cloak still holding well covering his hidden body.

He landed before the Arena, only to see the sign on the front gate reading: "Fighting starts at noon".

Avinash saw on a nearby clock that read: "5:54:54 AM"

6 hours.... He thought. 6 hours, 6 minutes, and 6 seconds... Fitting demon number came up... heheh.. No matter I'll wait and observe these weak fighters...

• ...Akira turned, a bit nervous from meeting one as tall and muscular as him.

(He reminds me of that tall, pushy, bulky kid I had class with in college once. Ugh. Such fond memories.) Akira shuddered. (Well, at least this guy will be more competition than that guy.)

Before he knew it, Akira was swimming his way upstream... through the numerous crowd fighters. He could see the demon-like one struggling through the crowd, hissing at those who keep bumping him.
    (Guess I don't blame the guy,) Akira thought as another man shoved his shoulder into Akira's cheek, yelling "Watch it!" (Got some restless competition...)
    There was a rush of wind, and a blinding gust of sand. Coughing, Akira opened his eyes to see the cloaked man -- the one he had run into earlier this morning -- sailing over the other fighters towards the arena.
    Akira snorted. (Not a bad idea, but in a crowd?? That's a bit much.... Something tells me he's going to get some complaints after this... Jeez, it's times like this when I wish I had my angel or demon forms so I could fly over such traffic jams!)
    Another man pushed his way in front of Akira, stepping on his feet. (Eya! These people have no courtesy!?)

As he was stuck in the middle of so many people (with hardly any movement at all, with officials up front trying to organize the dozens, maybe even hundreds, of fighters), Akira took a quick glance at the clock.

(5:54am, with 53... 54... 55 seconds... Time sure is moving slowly here.)
    The picture of a mansion flashed in his mind. How he wished he was back there again. His home...
    With sweat covering his body, and the snorting, yelling, and shoving of the others not helping the situation, Akira could feel his body beginning to grow tense in anguish and anger. So many pushy people. They all had the same destination -- why couldn't they all just get along? The power in Akira's stomach began to rise, and he could feel the hair on the back of his neck stand up.
    No. Now was not the time to get angry, let alone show what strength he possessed. Thinking of his wife and many friends back in Tokyo, Akira calmed and continued to flow with the crowd.

That is, until...
    "Akira! Tanaka! HEY! AKEEEERA!!"
    A familiar voice pierced the air, and Akira's eyes twitched. Who was that?
    "Over here, stupid! Hey! Woah, don't push me!"
    That voice... It couldn't have been...?
    "Hey, quite pushing me! AKE-E-E-E-EEERAAHHH!!"
    There were some rude comments from the others as the voice continued yelling. Searching all over, Akira's vision was somewhat blocked by a majority of the taller fighters... but what he was seeking was in plain sight, standing on the sidelines of the flowing stream of people. And after a few more moments of tense searching, he saw her.
    It wasn't his wife, but it was someone else he loved deeply, a friend of his that has been by his side so long as he can remember. Surprisingly, she was not with any company.
    "WHAT!!??" Akira screamed back. He couldn't believe his eyes. What was she doing here?? She had always been the mischievous type, but to go out days into the middle of nowhere? That was something.

After going through plenty of resistance, Akira managed to pull himself out of the river of fighters and on to the sidelines. And it was there he was met by a playful punch on the chest, and a sudden embrace.
    "Akira! I'm so happy to see you! Whew, you smell! You know I don't appreciate smelly guys, hehehe."
    The woman pulled away, revealing a red-haired beauty with a cute face. Her hair was tied with a small blue bow in a ponytail, while two spare strands flowed down to her shoulders in front of her ears. She wore a brown vest, and a plain white shirt beneath. She also had on a tomboy-like skirt, matching the vest. It was more like (very) short shorts than a skirt. Her sneakers tapped the ground impatiently, her baseball-lengthened socks reaching up to her knees. Akira gazed back into her fiery red eyes, and she smiled joyfully.
    "Well, hello to you too, Misao," Akira remarked, pulling a small towel from his pocket and dabbing his forehead.
    The redhead, Misao, beamed. "Since I can finally drive, Mikae allowed me to use her car here!"
    Akira quickly put on a look of surprise, and stuffed the rag back into his pocket. "The mistress let you ride her car??"
    Misao laughed. "Yeah. It wasn't easy, but she allowed me to. She gave me directions on how to find you, and also gave me some money for gas and food."
    Money. Did Mikae know of the type of currency that was used in this city?
    "I brought you a waterbottle. Here." Holding out a hand, Misao revealed an unopened plastic bottle of crystal-clear water. Hastily taking it, Akira popped open the cap without twisting and gulped down the water. He hadn't noticed it, but he was parched.
    Wiping his face, Misao chuckled. "You must have been really thirsty."
    "Ah... Yes, I suppose I was. I didn't notice it before, I was so busy with the tournament and all... Speaking of which, Misao, where are you going to watch?"
    Misao pointed behind Akira, towards the Arena. "They have a special row to watch if you're friends or family of any fighters."
    "Hmm, okay. Well, I guess I'll be seeing you. I have to get back in line!... somehow."
    Misao gave Akira a giant, bone crushing hug. "Do your best! I'll be cheering for you!"
    "Thanks, Misao." (I really needed the encouragement,) Akira thought, smiling.
    Plowing his way through the fighters, he reentered the stream, his soul replenished and his fighting spirit revived. Now he had a reason to fight.

Quote from Muigi

• Spiff rushed toward the fortress like city. The tournament registration was nearing the deadline. Then, in what seemed like an eternity, he was finally there. It was strange there was so many people in such a place. Spiff had never seen so many people. As Spiff neared the long lines he remembered. He had the sword of time, what was he doing waiting? Spiff touched the hilt of his sword and time sped up.

Spiff was next to register.

"You're registering for the tournament right?" Said the women in the booth.

"Why else would I be here"

"Well... you look a little... too young"

"I see no age restrictions"

"...OK, your name please."

"Spiff"

"Uh, your full name sir"

"My name is Spiff that's all you should need"

"Fine."

After a while Spiff got his card

"Here you go Mr. er... Spiff"

"Thank you"

"The tournament will start soon, good luck!"

Spiff walked away towards the arena and saw a clock that read 11:00 AM. There was also a sign that read "Fighting starts at noon" Spiff reached for his sword to notice it wasn't glowing.

"Ugh, time paradoxes" Spiff thought. "I guess I will have to wait an hour."

Formerly known as Spiff

• Avinash looked at Spiff, who was just a few yards to his right. His face was still concealed under the cloak, but a sick and twisted smile curled from under the dark veil created by the cloak.

So this boy can control time, eh?
    He thought. His smile faded and his snarled. This boy will ruin my plans... But no matter... His time powers seem to be... restricted... Avinash looked around and noticed the same black haired male from the Inn. He too joins us... Another person stepped up towards the Arena; Aronath. And another.... He looked at each of the three people and sensed their auras. Spiff had the smallest amount of Aura; Aronath had the medium amount; Akira, though, had the largest amount at the moment, somewhat making even a chill go up Avinash's spine. What is with this kid's power?!

The Clock Avinash watched so well was soon going to strike noon. Only 15 minutes left till the matches begun.

...And I shall cover these fools in darkness....

• Spiff was still staring at the clock. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a cloaked figure staring but he paid no attention to it. Spiff's sword started to glow again but spiff decided not to use it. "I should save my energy for later" Spiff though. "I might need it."

There was about five minuets left and Spiff was getting bored. Time itself seemed to be slower here, yet spiff was doing nothing about it. Spiff noticed among the masses of people some of them were very weak minded while others were stronger minded, yet with thinner complexions. "How sad" Spiff thought "I thought I might find a challenge here, yet many are strong in one area. Oh well, maybe there will be a few challenging opponents. Spiff looked at the clock It was 12:00.

Formerly known as Spiff

• "Akira! Akira!" A young woman, eyes welled with tears, comes rushing in through the doorway...
    A man, just about to walk upstairs to look for something, hastily makes his way down the stairwell and into the arms of the crying woman...
    "Yukina, Yukina, what's wrong?" the man replies, comfort in his eyes but anxiety in his voice.
    "Akira..." the woman sniffles, clutching to her husband's chest, grinning from ear to ear and gazing into his eyes. "Akira, you won't... You won't believe me..."
    "What won't I believe?" Akira says, kissing his wife on the forehead and wiping away her excessive tears of joy.
    "I had gone to the doctor, because I wasn't feeling well, as you know," the woman started, taking a seat with her husband on the living room love seat. "I had... asked for a checkup, and the doctor... He gave me the results!" Yukina's eyes brightened, while her husband's remained in confusion.
    "Yes, what? What did he say?"
    "He said... Oh, Akira! Akira, I'm... I'm pregnant!"
    Akira gasped in astonishment, and he embraced his wife with all the love in his heart. "I... You're right! I don't believe it!"
    The young couple laughed and cried together, holding onto one another in disbelief...
    for, you see, the young woman named Yukina suffered from infertility... or, in other words, she was never to become a mother. And Akira, destined to remain childless.

It seemed a new hope had brought a special gift to this young couple.
    The gift... of life...

This was the memory that was going through Akira's mind as the tournament was beginning. And this was the thought that stayed with him as the clock struck 12, and as he entered the building...

Quote from Muigi

• Kye Syoshi rushes towards the registration

The lady asks
    "Hello, sir, Are you registiring?"

Kye said "Yes, I am"

"Your name, sir?
    "Kye Syoshi"
    "Very well, Take a seat, please"

Kye thought to himself:
    If I win this competiton, I will get what is needed for my family. Yes, I shall fight with no mercy...Even if I have to kill, I will win!
    Kye's thoughts started to become more angry.Anyone who probaly came a foot near him in battle would die, if he didn't calm down...

We all have a phantom, a "mirror image". It looks back at you each time you look into a mirror.

Will yours consume you, or will you triumph in the light.

phanlinksig.png

• Avinash stepped forward into the Arena and waited in the room before the two tall doors that lead to the Arena. Each were 50 feet tall, probably for the more bigger beasts that had fought before. Avinash didn't mind.

There were cheers and boos in the crowd as the announcer gave a long speech before the battles began. Of course Avinash never listened, but he stood there and awaited his fights, licking his lips and imagining the horrible and bloody match that would soon come.

Yes... Ever so soon.... Ever so soon.... He thought.

The gong in the center of the Arena ran loudly and the 50 feet doors swung open.

"THE FIRST MATCH! AVINASH VS BLIZAR!"

Avinash smilied and walked out of the doors, looking behind as a large Red Lizard warrior stepped next to them.

So this is my first victim... Good....

((OoC: Avinash will continue battling till someone posts after this. Just pretend your character is awaiting their battle. I'll post when Avinash comes back andannounce the next fighter.))

• Kye Syoshi waited, while he watched Avinash tear Blizar to shreds.

He though:
    Avinash seems quite strong. If he wins, I might have to face him in battle, I do not wish to kill him, Yes. Perhaps strike a deal with him...
    Blizar and Avinash were strong. There was no telling who'd win, Though Kye had his bets on Avinash.

The battle, was almost coming to an end. Both tired and bloodthirsty....

We all have a phantom, a "mirror image". It looks back at you each time you look into a mirror.

phanlinksig.png

• "Blasted beast!" Avinash said, slamming his Dark Sword into the Blizar's body and shredding his flesh and muscle, all the while keeping his cloak covering his body. He fought with such accuracy all the while keeping his cloak on and covering his identity.

He grew angrier the more Blizar stood up, so he decided now would be the best chance for a fresh kill.

He ran up to Blizar while he dazed and impaled the sword into the beast's forehead, instantly killing him.

"FATALITY!" The announcer shouted with glee. "AVINASH WINS THE MATCH!"

He ran up to Avinash and handed Avinash the mic.

"Hmph." Avinash said and walked away, his black tail whipping past himself.

He entered the waiting room, where other fighters looked at him nervously. They feared him and drew their fears and absorbed them for his own recovery.

Foolss.... he thought.

"Next match! Akira vs Binar."

The boy... Avinash said as he saw the charcoal colored boy named Akira walk into the arena, with a large spiked lizardman. Time to see his strength...

((Steelia, you choose who goes next after your fight :P))

• I continue to wait as Akira and Binar step up to the battle arena....
    Kye Syoshi waits until Avinash walks past. Kye grabs him by the arm,
    "Avinsah" Kye said
    "I need to strike a deal with you" said Kye
    "And what might that be?" asked Avinash
    "If we fight against eachother, I'll need you to forefeit"
    "Why?" he asked
    "The prize. That ancient herloom, will get me one step closer to finding the ones who killed my family, Your strength, and mine, might cause disaster.Please, Agree with me"

phanlinksig.png

• "The prize means nothing to me." Avinash grabbed Kye and tossed him into the wall and then picked him up again and pinned him to the wall. "But I suppose I could split a bargin with you..." Avinash laughed. "I wish only to create chaos and bloodshed here, so please tell me what you want... Although..." Avinash turned his head around to make sure no one else was listening to the conversation. "...I will need some of the money that they are offering as well to keep my profile low."

"Why so?" Kye asked.

"In do time, child... In due time..."

• I don't care about the money.Or the people.
    Take the money and do whatever you wish. I will not stop you.
    "Excellent" said Avinash
    "Great" As I said before, Take ALL the money, kill all the people, I don't care.

phanlinksig.png