OoT V.s TP

• Ocarine of Time or Twilight Princess? 0

1. OoT (0) 0%
    2. TP (0) 0%

this should be interesting

which is better? n_n

• In terms of graphics... Twilight Princess.

In terms of gameplay, or maybe even plot... Ocarina of Time.

They both have their own strengths and weaknesses, I suppose. ^^;

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I actually think TP excels. It has a more wider plot than OoT, although OoT's plot did explain a lot of things and introduced come backstories. Gameplay is always good in TP, I could spend hours riding around in Hyrule field, so many enemies to kill, and horseback fighting is just fun, and the music is cool. Hyrule field in OoT, for the most part, is boring. First off, there is, like, next to NO enemies(excluding big poes) out with Adult Link, and that's the only time you can ride Epona, and you have no horseback fighting, just the bow. Child Link has the spinning things during the day and stalkids during night, so it actually gets interesting, but not as much as TP field. Besides Hyrule field is about as big as just the one section of TP(the one huge field area with the cliffs and the boars with the bulbins). TP's is so freakin big, and fun. Dungeon-wise, they were both easy, but TP was a wee bit harder (I don't care what anyone says, Water Temple in OoT was NOT hard to me.). And I enjoyed the first few bosses and dungeons too because I saw them in the trailers and awaited them, and when I got the game, it's like "Yes, I'm finally playing what I've been waiting for!" and it was all good.

Furthermore, you got Wolf Link. Which is cool. And Midna is awesome. TP had better character development. Probably the best character OoT had that TP didn't was Sheik, but that's okay.

TP is also darker, which opens more opportunities. First off, you actually see real people, not monsters, dying (the soldiers in flash backs, not to mention Zelda sacrifices herself for Midna).

Overall, TP was better in my opinion. OoT is good, but TP is way better.

• Ah yes, but then again if Ocarina of Time wasn't made, than it is possible that Twilight Princess wouldn't of been made, Ocarina of Time basically started Zelda, sure it was popular when the first came out, but it was WAAAAAY more popular after Ocarina of Time, I would have to say Ocarina of Time is better, it has better gameplay, not as much time wasted traveling and much more secrets.... OOH and the Ocarina sounds better than wolf link's howl.

• Yeah but the emotion was limited because of the technology, so if they remade OoT than everything about it would be cool.

• The majority of Zelda "fans" that say TP is better than OoT are total Zelda n00bs. They only say that TP is better because its most likely the only or one of the few Zelda games that they have beaten. Sure the graphics are better in TP, but who cares? Graphics don't make a game. Halo has good graphics but that games plot and all that is as boring as hell. TP doesn't have that wide of a story, and it doesn't explain it well enough. "Go get those fused shadows for me and i'll tell you who the king of the twilight is" thats basically the story in TP at the begining of the game. OoT tells it's story much better.

If you're going to judge which game is better, don't grade it in graphics. Ecco the Dolphin could have the best graphics in the world but its still a shity game.

Thats all I have to say for now
    BTW- why do you guys think Midna is so cool? She's annoying. Midna isn't going to be in any other Zelda games because the Mirror of Twilight has been shattered, unless Nintendo creates some retarded excuse to put her back in...

BTW- why do you guys think Midna is so cool? She's annoying. Midna isn't going to be in any other Zelda games because the Mirror of Twilight has been shattered, unless Nintendo creates some retarded excuse to put her back in...

I said something along those lines and got banned on the MFF (Midna Fan Forum)

But yes never judge on graphics, they dont make a game fun.

• you are very wise, happy mask salesman :)
    anyway,

Quote from dynasty

tp, better graphics, better story line, and it was a little more challenging, plus more emotion.

like happy mask salesman said, that is only limited by technology. Make OoT and TP both have the graphics of LoZ. like i said before you CAN'T judge a game on it's graphics. And as for TP's storyline, it wasn't better at all. the story wad BARELY explained in that game, it was riddiculus. and TP wasn't even hard. anyone could beat that game, even if they had never even played any other Zelda game before.

Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Ah yes, but then again if Ocarina of Time wasn't made, than it is possible that Twilight Princess wouldn't of been made, Ocarina of Time basically started Zelda, sure it was popular when the first came out, but it was WAAAAAY more popular after Ocarina of Time, I would have to say Ocarina of Time is better, it has better gameplay, not as much time wasted traveling and much more secrets.... OOH and the Ocarina sounds better than wolf link's howl.

i agree with that as well. way too much time is wasted traveling, i like the scenery, but its just too big, much like sailing in TWW.
    dont get me wrong, TP is a great game, but games like OoT, ALttP and MM were better. and with that i rest my case. go OoT!

• Quote from zeypher

you are very wise, happy mask salesman :)
    anyway, like happy mask salesman said, that is only limited by technology. Make OoT and TP both have the graphics of LoZ. like i said before you CAN'T judge a game on it's graphics. And as for TP's storyline, it wasn't better at all. the story wad BARELY explained in that game, it was riddiculus. and TP wasn't even hard. anyone could beat that game, even if they had never even played any other Zelda game before.i agree with that as well. way too much time is wasted traveling, i like the scenery, but its just too big, much like sailing in TWW.
    dont get me wrong, TP is a great game, but games like OoT, ALttP and MM were better. and with that i rest my case. go OoT!

Things never change. OoT fanboyz will be OoT fanboyz. By the way, OoT was the first time I ever played or heard of Zelda, and yet I beat it in a couple weeks. TP I beat more quicker, but that's just because I'm a better gamer now than I was back in 1999. And OoT was easy, very easy, possibly the easiest 3D Zelda, only beaten in easyness by TWW of course. OoT had no challenging bosses besides the little challenge Morpha had, the Water Temple is completely easy, people who say it's hard are just the ones that played the game years ago when they were little kids and had to have their older siblings beat it for them, and they never played it again by themselves. Dark Link is incredibly easy, I've faced a lot tougher mini bosses in my time, even in the Zelda series (for the record, I can beat Dark Link without taking damage. You gotta use logic and strategy, something a lot of gamers don't have these days. Hell, I beat him without taking damage a few months ago). Ganondorf and Ganon especially was a joke. I actually thought PHantom Ganon was tougher than Ganondorf. OoT was just too easy. At least TP had harder AI(not that hard though, as usual) and some actual time consuming, mind thinking puzzles. Take the blocks in Snowpeak ruins for example(and don't anyone say that that doesn't take any thinking power at all, because if it does, you're lying to yourself).

Actually, no. Let's face it. The Zelda series as a whole is easy, or at least the 3D ones, excluding MM. When you get down to it, just compare the 2D games on a hardness scale against the 3D games. If you have a brain, you should be able to see that the 2D games will blow away the 3D games anyday in difficulty. At least the 2D games allow you to think more for puzzles, and don't give a simple "okay, I push this switch, yay, a chest, yay, small key, unlock door, yay, more switches, and a pot to lay it down with! HOORAY!" crap. Now if you want to talk about AI overall, good luck. Look elsewhere if you want challenging and tough battles against the enemies and bosses. Zelda don't got it, sorry.

And also, for Twilight Princess, the storyline was actually just as deep, if not deeper, than OoT. The thing is, it's not the type of game that tells you more and more every cutscene. It drops hint along the way, pieces of the story in code, and you gotta figure them out, piece them together, and there you go. Another reason why TP is unique. OoT, it just flat out told you the whole storyline by the time you turned an adult, and that's not even midway through the game. It also retold the same story of the Goddesses and the Triforce multiple times, with only a couple new small things here and there. I don't want the whole story to be told to me not even halfway through, and then be playing the other 2/3 of the game without a story. That is boring, no matter which way you look at it.

By the way, technology only applies to graphics. A game with the graphics of LoZ can have a great storyline, can be pretty challenging(hell, the first LoZ has to be one of the toughest games), and emotion does not mean facial expressions. Emotion in a game means character personality, emotion in a story, dramatic tension, etc. Any game can have that fine, no matter what the tech or graphics.

And by the way, when you compare them, OoT had just as much traveling as TP. Just wasn't as big. Hell, all Zelda games have big parts in traveling. It's not a "play level, beat level, new level, play level" thing. No. It's an Adventure game, and Adventures have traveling. If you don't want a lot of traveling, don't play a big Adventure game like Zelda.

And with THAT, I rest my case. :)

• I agree with Triforce Master. In OoT the stroy was very quick and boring. In TP the storyline had emphasise (SP) on some of the characters and what they say.

Example (bold and italicing the words giving it a better feel. Bold strong, italics drawn out.)

Spoilers (Some I get wrong due to not remembering well):

"Welcome to my castle...." *stands up and laughs*

"So your Ganondorf!" says Midna

"Your people amuse me Midna... To be casted aside so easily... How very pathetic..." *continues* "He who weilds the power of the gods would make a suitable King, don't you think?"

"Ha! Such conceit! If you are the one with these powers, I will risk everything to deny you!"

"Shadow has been moved by light it seems... No matter... Just try to deny me.... Yes.... me and your little friend..."

---------------

"An impressing looking blade.... But nothing more.... Would you like to hear my desire? To take this blade and use it to blot the light forever!"

---

"Do not think it ends here.... The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!"

End spoiler.

Anyways, OoT I read everything and hardly sensed anyone's attitude.. It was just text... text... text...

• They gave Ganondorf an even more badass attitude, which was started in TWW. Before those two, he's kind of boring. The only game that makes sense of him having no personality are the oracles.

Besides, love how they pulled a 3D Sonic and didn't show the main villain until the end. Too bad Nintendo announced Ganon before-hand. Could've been a better surprise. Ah well.

• Well in case you haven't noticed no one had personality's in OoT or MM....

• OoT for the win Ok, Just because TP has better graphics doesn't mean it's better, OoT was more interesting, Being trapped in the Sacred Realm for 7 years, Having to rescue the world from total darkness....All part of a great plot.

We all have a phantom, a "mirror image". It looks back at you each time you look into a mirror.

Will yours consume you, or will you triumph in the light.

phanlinksig.png

• Quote from Dark

OoT for the win Ok, Just because TP has better graphics doesn't mean it's better, OoT was more interesting, Being trapped in the Sacred Realm for 7 years, Having to rescue the world from total darkness....All part of a great plot.

well wasn't twilight princess saving 'hyrule' from total darkness? :) :) :)

• Twilight. but, OoT had reactions, When Sheilk first appeared, He drew his sword, thinking he/she was an enemy, OoT was way more interesting.

We all have a phantom, a "mirror image". It looks back at you each time you look into a mirror.

Will yours consume you, or will you triumph in the light.

phanlinksig.png