Best Console

• Which is the best console? 0

1. Xbox 360 (0) 0%
    2. Wii (0) 0%
    3. PS3 (0) 0%

What do ya think?

Give reasons to support your answers please :)

• Well its a tie between the Wii and the 360, I mean I own a 360 and there is some good games on it and some good ones on there way. The Wii looks fun but I've never tried it so i guess im going to have to go with the 360, for now.

• Xbox 360 because it most of the games are on it and its the best one on the market right now

• Wii... because of it taking a unique approach at gaming, as it actually gets your... off the chair and up and about. No more couch potatoe days so long as THAT's still around! XP

And plus, I own one, and I'm more over gameplay over graphics. (Besides, Nintendo's making [or made] great games for it already.)

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• In order of goodness:

Wii - A pretty nice console (and sexy looking to), with some good games out and coming out. As well as the most innovative thing on the market now, hehe. Not to mention you get loads of extras that the others don't have, the ability to download more, including older games from not only Nintendo systems, but Segas and Turbografx and stuff as well. The backwards compatibility with Gamecube is awesome, and the ability to use 4 current controller types is pretty cool. Nintendo has really improved and upped their game since the last gen. With as good as this system is, you get it all for only $250. Which is good. Pretty much only complaint now is the lack of lots of space.

360 - Pretty good system, got a good head start to the current gen by releasing a year earlier, with possibly the best graphics to hit the gaming market yet. Also, it has a decent online service, and a downloadable game service much like Nintendo's Virtual Console for Wii. It also comes in two packages, priced at $300 and $4000, with the latter being the better bundle, of course. Also, it can play DVDs and CDs, surf the web, and loads of storage space. Only complaint right now is the majority of it's games are sports and shooters, but hey, there are some others that are pretty good! Second best console.

PS3 - and here we get to the lower of the three...the PS3. Like Nintendo has upped their game since last gen, Sony has done the complete opposite and have gotten arrogant and not only rushed their console, but totally lowered their game. Which is a shame, since they won the last two console wars, and now they seem to be losing this one (with the Wii more than doubling the PS3's sales, and the 360 nearly quadrupling). First off, their controller was rushed, the tilt sensor they decided to add after Nintendo revealed their Wii remote. Hardly any games use it. The online system is very wacky, and there are way too many glitches at the moment. Not enough good games are on it either. Not to mention they're taking the backwards compatibily hardware out of the PS3's in some countries, and even though the 20GB version was selling the most, they decided to discontinue it, which leaves a hefty 600 dollar console. It DOES have a lot of good tech inside it though, and I would not count sony out yet. Right now, they are doing poorly, but if they can pull their head out of their asses and do what they have done the past two gens, they can get ahead again. Right now, it doesn't look good.

• Okay if the Wii doubled the PS3's sales and the 360 Quadrupled then how come the 360 is second best?

• I voted Xbox 360, I'm blind in on eye so my hand-eye coordination sucks, so I'm bad at all wii games that I've played. The Xbox Three Sixty has good games, good graphics, and Xbox Live... the ps3 is just too much and not as good as the Xbox.

• Quote from X3 AL3X X3

Okay if the Wii doubled the PS3's sales and the 360 Quadrupled then how come the 360 is second best?

I was not talking of sales I was tyalking of quality, if you would have read my post. Sales do not determine quality, although I was saying the sales to show how the companies have been appealing to others.

• Well, there is no true "best console", it's mainly based on what your tastes are.

I have both the 360 and Wii and I definately play my Wii more than my 360 nowadays. The PS3 just doesn't have any good titles I like that I would want to try out. The majority of them are FPSs and sports titles. The 360 has a sort of bigger library of games since it was released earlier, and with the added downloadable content, it poses as a good console, but my tastes lie in the Wii's gaming potential of its Wii remote. Sure, not many good titles for it are out at the moment, but the good ones are coming, like Mario Galaxy and Brawl, and with the addition of downloadable retro games, I believe the Wii's future looks pretty bright.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Just for the record, I know PS3 and 360 have better graphics than the Wii, but if anyone takes a console over another just for its graphics and nothing more, you are, for lack of a better term, and idiot. Just saying. I'm not directing this at anyone who has posted here. I just wanted to get that out. It annoys me all the time because the kids at my school always put down the Wii for the 360 and PS3 because the Wii doesn't have as good of graphical power as the other two. Because of that, they take down everything about the Wii, by saying its design is dumb, controller is stupid, etc. Although I can bet that if a PS3 looked like a Wii and had the same tech as a Wii, they'd love it. I just gotta get this off my chest, it annoys me all the time.

• Quote from Swan

Am not sure, Its tie between Xbox 360 and the PS3, Hmm.. Am not to sure.

Wait, you honestly LIKE the PS3 as it is now? Dude, it's just, at the moment, a lower version of a 360(even though it has better tech, Sony can't seem to get their head out of their asses and use it right), and full of bugs, and really not as enjoyable as the 360 and definitely the Wii...>_>

• I liked the game cube, but the wii is better, the controller is cool, and the games are alright, so i would say wii.

• The unfortunate reason behind the PS3's lack of sales is due to the high price tag, despite it's extreme value that everyone seems to completely ignore, but if you take a look here...

The PS3 hardware itself, just to play PS3 games = about $400.
    The blu-ray player embedded in it = Says HMS, about $1000 alone.
    The hard drive = Around $150.
    + the controller that comes in the package = another $60.

The current prices of the PS3 went down recently, so let's take a look at this, in American prices:

$399 for the 60 GB hard drive version.
    $499 for the 80 GB hard drive version + you get motorstorm bundled with it, which is worth another $60.

If you add this up... you're getting one hell of a deal. It is undeniable that the PS3 is the best in terms of the features it offers, whether you like it or not. However, because it's a lot of good things packed into one machine, the first idea that manifests in people's minds are "OMG XPENSIV", which is not fair.

Secondly, one of the biggest complaints against the PS3 right now are that it only focuses on graphics. For one, this is a subjective matter on whether or not you enjoy good graphics, whereas all I've done so far is give factual information about it's specifications. Secondly, the PS3 only enables advanced graphics for the games from the game companies. When was the last time you saw a game with terrible graphics and amazing gameplay? Grand Theft Auto is probably the only exception. This is a viewpoint that is basically uninformed and biased.

The PS3 is an unfortunate scapegoat of the general community and hated on based purely on its pricing.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Hmm, I always loved the PS3, I just thought it was too expensive, but it was a good console and stuff.
    And All my friends have a 360 So..

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Nah blueray is about 1000 alone.

Well there you have it, folks. Would you rather pay that much for a blu-ray player or would you rather just have it built into a PS3 combined with extremely powerful processors and a good hard drive to boot? The PS3 is the best out of the 3 because of the features it offers, whether or not you like the games for it, however, is your opinion.

I am a huge Soldat fan.