The Buttefly effect?

• I believe this, the buttefly effect says that one small variable such as a misplaced flap of a buttefly's wings can change the world.

Example: A buttefly dies early before its time, and the whole destiny of things change.

I agree with this because in programming you see it all the time, one small variable such as a number or letter wrong can screw up everything.

• Really I heard about this? Its intresting I want to learn more about this can you tell us more?

• "The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that ultimately cause a tornado to appear (or prevent a tornado from appearing). The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale phenomena. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different."

Thats from Wikipedia. I believe in this.

• I must say that i believe it, (To an extent) because if you look at programming, its the same thing, one missing variable can change a lot.

• he butterfly effect is a phrase that encapsulates the more technical notion of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory. Small variations of the initial condition of a nonlinear dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system. So this is sometimes presented as esoteric behavior, but can be exhibited by very simple systems: for example, a ball placed at the crest of a hill might roll into any of several valleys depending on slight differences in initial position.

The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that ultimately cause a tornado to appear (or prevent a tornado from appearing). The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale phenomena. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different.

Recurrence, the approximate return of a system towards its initial conditions, together with sensitive dependence on initial conditions are the two main ingredients for chaotic motion. They have the practical consequence of making complex systems, such as the weather, difficult to predict past a certain time range (approximately a week in the case of weather).

• Comparing the programming code of software to a butterfly's wing flaps contributing to a large ecological phenomenon is somewhat unorthodox due to their vast differences. The energy outputted by a butterfly's wings is so insignificant that it realistically cannot cause anything different to occur, but this theory believes otherwise. I really do not much to say in the matter, however.

I thought the movie was good, though.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• i have too heard of this theory. And I do not believe chaos theory is true. It is too far predictable. And it deals with weather patterns around the globe. I don't believe in it simply.

• I kinda do, it's sort of describes what scientists have been going for all these years; the notion that if you knew what the position and state of each particle in the universe is now, you can predict exactly what it'll be 20 years from now, 40 years from now, and so on. Course, the uncertainty principle throws a bit of a wrench into this, as if you try to see what the position and state of a particle is, you must necesarily change its acceleration, thus making the degree of precision you'd need physically impossible to obtain.

It also has some morality components to it, the idea that one person can change the world, for better or worse.

Banner by Midna the Imp (MtI); utter pwnage, that New Dawn Graphics
    Look close, my three fav shadows ^^
    98% of the Zelda community like the idea of Link and Zelda together. If your one of the 2% who doesn't, copy this on to your sig and LET'S BRING 'EM DOWN!!!

• im still kinda deciding on the flap of the butterfly but i also heard that the butterfly effect theory can be placed with every like moving a stone or killing a man, or preventing a murder can change the future, which i believe in.

• Same here, thats what I believe, i dont believe that its only in weather patterns.