• Quote from Twistkill

1) That isn't really a rant.

2) No, you can't buy a computer with better graphics, you can buy a computer that can handle games with better graphics than the PS3. Of course you can. Only if you're willing to shell out approximately $1,200. That's how advanced it would have to be to compare.

Also, that laptop wouldn't have a Blu-ray player, which is another $1000. (Now, of course, it's actually a computer, so it is capable of executing software on a hard drive and etc. but we're comparing consoles here, not computers.)

The price is actually absolutely amazing for what you're getting, it's just that people often overlook what features it has, including you.

I see what you mean.
    I was just making unresearched, biased opinions about the PS3. The point was that I haven't really liked it to begin with, and seeing how most people are always talking about it that "it's so great" when it comes to graphics (that I believe), but what's the point if there's not any good gameplay?

I'm sure there are a few good games for the PS3... but I never grew up with it, unlike Nintendo/SNES. Probably why I'm not so fond of it, like the Xbox (I have an Xbox, no 360 -- nothing good for it catches my attention).

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from Steelia

The point was that I haven't really liked it to begin with, and seeing how most people are always talking about it that "it's so great" when it comes to graphics (that I believe), but what's the point if there's not any good gameplay?

This is a very common argument that is not valid. When it comes to graphics, they're becoming advanced to the point of photo-realistic. These are visually appealing things that games should have, but of course that's not the ONLY reason why a game should be good, I agree with that. However, when was the last time you saw a game with amazing graphics but very little to offer in gameplay? Because graphics are a visual aspect of games, people can witness them on a video or screenshots and say "OH YEH BUT DA GAEMPLAI MUST BE GUD 2".

My point here is that people can see good graphics on a game without actually being there, but when it comes to gameplay, you must experience it yourself. Therefore, no one can judge any of the games without playing them. Making assumptions that just because a game has good graphics means it automatically has bad gameplay is ludicrous and unfair, which is what the majority of people appear to do.

Oh, I should also mention this: People seem to be saying the PS3 sucks because it only focuses on graphics. No it doesn't. It simply has the ability to render much better graphics, but they're still from the game itself, not the console. The same thing goes for the gameplay. This is a step forward towards realism.

I hope you guys understand what I'm saying now. :)

If only the Wii and PS3 could be combined into one super 1337 machine... The Wiimote with PS3's graphics, plus the blu-ray and hard drive, plus the combination of all the features like Miis or etc. would be absolute ownage. It would be called... the Wiistation.

(Oh, and I personally think Wii is a silly name. The Revolution was a much better name for it, but I can see why Nintendo didn't decide to use it; it doesn't quite fit.)

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Even though the money is well worth it, I don't have enogh, so I'm not getting it.

• Twistkill: I see your point; never really thought of that. All I've been hearing is word-of-mouth about how the PS3 is only good on graphics, not the actual gameplay. You're right, one has to actually PLAY it to experience it and judge for themselves. Hmm...
    And for the Wii, I agree, Revolution would have been better. But, when it comes to the name "Wii," you have to respect the true meaning behind it (such as ii being two people standing side by side... "wii" sounding like "we," which means that the system is for everyone, young and old, to play [hence 'we'].... etc.).

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Okay then.

It's okay, but I've simply grown tired of these biased points of view, because when it comes to the power or even the features of the consoles, the PS3 is the best, with 360 in second, and the Wii in third, albeit it is more unique than the other 2. Remember, the graphics could have always been amazing because of the game companies, it's just that no one had any hardware that could have handled them. Now we do. See what I mean? That's all that's changed. Amazing gameplay from games that already have good gameplay like God of War or Grand Theft Auto has not changed, but the graphics get a facelift, so the games are pretty much twice as good as before. Thats what I'm getting at here.

I personally just do not want a Wii, that's all. I do not hate it, I do not say "It sucks" because that's not true, I do not say it's only for kids...

Although a lot of the games are intended for a younger audience, this is undeniable, I'm not saying it as an insult - I believe that it's a good thing that Nintendo is aiming to bring younger folk into the world of video games early on. See the difference? Instead of trying to make it seem terrible, I made it into something positive.

Also, the Wii doesn't feel right with me. I did manage to play it a little bit at my cousin's house in New Jersey before we moved, and I admit it was much different - Wii sports was pretty cool, actually, but I simply do not wish to have the console because constantly standing and moving my arms around makes people tired - it would feel more like a chore than playing a game. This also ties in with the ideal that the Wii is better than the other 2 consoles because it gives you more activity - this might be partially true, but then when people complain about moving around too much like I just stated, then they say "Oh, you don't have to move much!". That pretty much defeats the purpose.

:)

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Twilight Princess was not supposed to be aimed at young kids because there was blood and violence. Nintendo is going to go more mature as well and not just family games. *pokes Resident Evil 4* I'm guessing more games, including Zelda, will be more violent and such.

What I don't like is games that are too mature, evil though I'm 16 and almost mature, I don't like it. Sure, we got GTA and such. Hey pick up a real gun. See? Mature games usually have some stupid "Almost Real Life" feeling to it.

I've always like Nintendo because its fun and fantasy and I get away from real life.

• Quote from Shrukan

Twilight Princess was not supposed to be aimed at young kids because there was blood and violence. Nintendo is going to go more mature as well and not just family games. *pokes Resident Evil 4* I'm guessing more games, including Zelda, will be more violent and such.

What I don't like is games that are too mature, evil though I'm 16 and almost mature, I don't like it. Sure, we got GTA and such. Hey pick up a real gun. See? Mature games usually have some stupid "Almost Real Life" feeling to it.

Wow.

Are you Jack Thompson now? Please do not become one of those moms against video games characters just because they're violent. It's actually better to have these games around to vent anger upon than not having them. The games are NOT like real life, and in fact, on the opening screen of GTA: San Andreas, there is this message: "The creators of this game do not endorse, condone, or encourage this kind of behavior." I really didn't expect you to say that "It has some sort of stupid almost real life" feel to it, because it... doesn't.

The people who commit crimes because of video games are only the ones who can no longer differentiate the barrier between fantasy and real life, so you're entirely wrong there.

And look at this - a direct quite from you:

I think people who kill others have something wrong with them, and its not the games itself. I don't think games make you more violent. :/

Therefore, your entire paragraph on Twilight Princess and violence is hypocritical - because you played TP, you're now more likely to jump on a horse and shoot arrows at people. Hey, it's just like the game, right?

And, I personally think you're not "almost mature", Shrukan. You're just... not. I'm sorry...

Secondly, Nintendo didn't make Resident Evil 4. Capcom did. It only got put on the Gamecube, and now it's on Wii. The majority of Nintendo's games are first-party (Made by themselves, just so you know), and none of them have been above E except for Twilight Princess. The onyl mature games currently on the Wii are not made by them. Red Steel, RE4, Call of Duty... all third party games. Nintendo isn't making more mature games, the other guys are - and putting it on their console.

You said yourself there's silver blood dripping from some creature in TP. Manhunt? THAT's violent. Although... I've heard the game wasn't anything more than that - that's what makes an ultra-violent game bad, not just because it's bloody. All violent games are mature for a reason - to create a vivid image in your head. It is plain and simple fun to have violence and blood because we cannot get away with it in real life.

Sorry if I sounded angry. :P

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• I do have to admit, I hate the people that hate video games because they "encourage violent behavior" 1: because they obviously have a closed mind to video games and have never tried them and 2: because not everyone will go on a mass killing spree because they played some video game.

Meanwhile... Back on topic...

I'm sure that PS3 games are all fine, some good, some bad, (Like the Wii and 360) and it's a perfectly respectable system; if you have a lot of money to spare. But what I can't STAND is the people who rate games just on their graphics.
    "Ok, let's rate TP... hm... right... yes... indeed... I understand that the gameplay and controls are perfect and fine... but the fatal flaw is the graphics; I'm going to have to fail you."
    I find the people who say that very shallow and closed minded to anything without beyond reality graphics, which is impossible to get every time.
    In the sense that PS3 has spoiled people that way; I would say it's bad.
    If you can imagine I also hate HD TV XD

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Quote from Wild Cucco

In the sense that PS3 has spoiled people that way; I would say it's bad.
    If you can imagine I also hate HD TV XD

I have HD TV... ;_; What's wrong with it? Actually... it's the exact same concept of the arguments I've been making so far - it only enhances the picture, but the content of the shows do not change.

I do agree with you, however - graphics aren't the ONLY thing that matter. Rather, it's a collaborative effort to make a game good. If a game has only so-so graphics, then the other features should make up for it, and the opposite applies as well.

What I hate are the people who claim they don't care about graphics at all - I bet if TP was made with NES graphics they would be saying something different. :D

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Twistkill

I have HD TV... ;_; What's wrong with it? Actually... it's the exact same concept of the arguments I've been making so far - it only enhances the picture, but the content of the shows do not change.

I do agree with you, however - graphics aren't the ONLY thing that matter. Rather, it's a collaborative effort to make a game good. If a game has only so-so graphics, then the other features should make up for it, and the opposite applies as well.

What I hate are the people who claim they don't care about graphics at all - I bet if TP was made with NES graphics they would be saying something different. :D

I don't care about graphics. I just look for the fun in the game, replay value, and over all the storyline. If its something that is really boring through the whole thing, then I'll never play it again. Likewise if the game was nothing but graphics, and a bad storyline.

I can't buy a PS3 due to its over stocked price, even if t has blue ray. I mean I have a DVD player and that's fine with me. I don't need blue ray because its just a "better" dvd disk thing and probably costs more for better sound, playing, or whatever.

PS3 to me is just a "semi-truck" with a few things inside and not a good line up of games. Sure MGS4 has me eyeing it, but I don't quite have the money to get it. If I could save money, it'd take me 5 years just to buy a $500 PS3 if I'm lucky mom doesn't take my savings.

• Quote from Shrukan

PS3 to me is just a "semi-truck" with a few things inside and not a good line up of games. Sure MGS4 has me eyeing it, but I don't quite have the money to get it. If I could save money, it'd take me 5 years just to buy a $500 PS3 if I'm lucky mom doesn't take my savings.

Okay, the games aspect of the PS3 is subjective, that's understandable. However, you cannot say it is "just a semi-truck with a few things inside it" because that's belittling it.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Twistkill

Okay, the games aspect of the PS3 is subjective, that's understandable. However, you cannot say it is "just a semi-truck with a few things inside it" because that's belittling it.

Yeah Its expensive but its actually a good deal.

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Yeah Its expensive but its actually a good deal.

Seeing the fact that it's the cheapest Blue-Ray DVD player available, then sure it is.

Other than MGS4, I really don't see anything the PS3 has to offer to me. I was disappointed with Heavenly Sword's gameplay at E3, as it appeared to be nothing more than being a little too close to being a button-mashing massacre in my view. The only two games it has going for it now is Killzone 2, which we still have yet to see any real gameplay footage of, and MGS4.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from Muigi

Seeing the fact that it's the cheapest Blue-Ray DVD player available, then sure it is.

Other than MGS4, I really don't see anything the PS3 has to offer to me. I was disappointed with Heavenly Sword's gameplay at E3, as it appeared to be nothing more than being a little too close to being a button-mashing massacre in my view. The only two games it has going for it now is Killzone 2, which we still have yet to see any real gameplay footage of, and MGS4.

GTA 4? God of War 3? Tekken 6? Virtua Fighter (Forgot number)? Then again, the reason why you're not interested in the PS3 is because you don't like the games coming up for it, which is a decent reason, and you're also not directly saying "PS3 sucks".

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Twistkill

GTA 4? God of War 3? Tekken 6? Virtua Fighter (Forgot number)? Then again, the reason why you're not interested in the PS3 is because you don't like the games coming up for it, which is a decent reason, and you're also not directly saying "PS3 sucks".

GTA 4 I'd have to know more about in order to gain my attention, and I was never really a Virtua Fighter fan. :P (Least GTA 4 is on the 360, and I think it's Virtua Fighter 5)

I didn't directly say the PS3 "sucks" because I knew if I did, I'd more than likely start a flame war, which is one of the things I want to prevent, as these kinds of topics are easy flame bait. I would be pretty biased to try to make my opinions into facts because it's more on the person's taste in games. I don't see myself physically buying the PS3 because if I did, it would probably gather dust faster than my GBA did.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!