• So how amazing are these games seriously?

They are pretty amazing. Not only did they have unique gameplay elements, not seen in Mario games before. The visuals were some of the best seen on the Wii. For a SD console, the games looked pretty awesome. The music was orchestrated which provided a fuller sound.

When people say "I'm over Mario games, they're all the same" - they haven't played Galaxy.

Each stage is just fun.

What do you think?

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• Official Post

This will probably will cause the end of our friendship but they seem a tad repetitive ( I think I saw you do the same against Bowser and the baby piranha).
    You're right though, I haven't sit down and played them myself. I've just seen you and youtube let's plays and tributes.
    I like the colours, the music and i can see Mario 3D Land owes a good chunk to them.

Maybe I do have a problem with Mario spinoffs, like paper Mario, another acclaimed good game I don't really have much interest to try.
    I remember I didn't care for Luigi's mansion until you basically raved how much you liked it and put a controller in my hand. :XD:
    I don't know, they don't spark my interest,. Sorry. :(

• Official Post

Like the Matrix... Overrated and overdone? :lengua: sorry. I couldn't resist.

You should just try playing one and seeing for yourself.

I agree. Playing and back seat playing are different experiences. I am sure there is charm to it, I just don't have the pull to make me curious enough to excite me with the idea of playing their game.

• Like the Matrix... Overrated and overdone? [emoji14] sorry. I couldn't resist.

I agree. Playing and back seat playing are different experiences. I am sure there is charm to it, I just don't have the pull to make me curious enough to excite me with the idea of playing their game.

"Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself." -Morpheus from the Matrix. Just replace the Matrix with Mario Galaxy.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• I like the Mario Galaxy games, and I think both of them are absolutely amazing in their own right (especially in regards to the visuals and music). But I still see the odd part of each that could have been done better, like the Grand Finale Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 1 and the recycled content in Super Mario Galaxy 2. They're 90%+ games quality wise, they just could have been damn near perfect if that last part of each game was tweaked and changed a bit.