Pok?mon Diamond and Pearl Topic

• ^ Wow, that's nice progress.

Do you plan on letting Mesprit run around till later, or will you give chase?

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Hmm... Well, just from experiences, I'd let her run around till you defeat the Elite Four. She'll still be there, of course. Besides, you don't want a large amount of your party being Psychic if you come across Dark-type-raising trainers... Eesh. >_<

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Lucario, eh? I didn't get him till afterwards... Then again, I WAS in a rush to complete this game. Tried to see how fast I could complete it. :P

The only bad thing about Lucario is that his defenses... tend to lack. But he certainly has a good movepool, and a nice Sp. Attack. And Lopunny's very quick, which will also come in handy.

I'd recommend all your Pokemon be levels 55-60 when you hit the Elite Four... I made the mistake of going in in my early 50's. X_X

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

I'd recommend all your Pokemon be levels 55-60 when you hit the Elite Four... I made the mistake of going in in my early 50's. X_X

I'll be trying that. I'm hitting the 18 hour mark right now, and just before the 8th Gym. I'll be trainging everyone well before than. EXP. Share FTW!

• Quote from spiff

Those running pokemon were a **** to catch! If you have WI-FI I could let you borrow meh wobbuffet till you catch Mespirit and Cressilia(SP?) :p

Alternatively, you could use Master Balls... :P

Quote from Muigi

• Why waste an MB on Arceus? It doesn't run, so you could easily catch it with, say, a Timer Ball... I managed to catch Dialga, Azelf, Uxie, Heatran, Giratina and Regigigas the "official" way, because they're not runners (besides, I was getting tired of seeing so many Master Ball Pokemon... just takes the fun out of catching).
    Just how I view it, though. If they don't run, catch them the "hard" way.

Current team:

Palkia* - Lv. 48
    Celebi (from special event) - Lv. 10
    Darkrai (in Cherish Ball; knows Roar of Time/Spacial Rend) - Lv. 62
    Ho-oh* - Lv. 72
    Arceus (Dragon) - Lv. 100
    Lucario (PALCITY; in Cherish Ball) - Lv. 50

I'm currently searching/trading for a Shiny Lugia... Arrgh!! Why do I have such an urge to train 2nd gen Legendaries??

Quote from Muigi

• Hmm. Ok. I made it to the Pokemon league, entrance, but haven't battled them...

I need to know what Pokemon would be a best bet for it?

Team:

Torterra,
    Palkia,
    Lucario,
    Azelf,
    Misdreavus,
    ???

I'm wondering what I should do next. I am training up my Misdreavus, and I am going to train it.

• Quote from Shrukan

I am training up my Misdreavus, and I am going to train it.

...?

Well... Let's see...
    The first guy has bug-type Poke's. The first one he sends out is Dustox (Bug/Poison). Psychic, Flying, Fire would do the trick on that sucker.
    He also has Vespiquen(sp.) -- a Bug-Flying which REALLY hates Rock -- as well as Beautifly (also REALLY hates Rock), Heracross (REALLY hates Flying), and Drapion (hates Ground). Drapion and Vespiquen are his "strongest", in my opinion.

Next, you'll face a Ground-related person. Ice types, Water types and Grass types would do pretty well here. Quagsire is the first Pokemon sent out (a Ground/Water type, only hates Grass). Head honcho: Hippowdon (pure Ground type).

Thirdly, a fire dude. He'll send out Rapidash first. Water would to really well here. I would say Infernape is the lead one here for this guy...

Fourthly, a Psychic dude (oh, boy, did I have troubles with him my first time around). He'll send out Mr. Mime first (pure Psychic, pretty poor defense). Head honcho here: Bronzong. Oy, do I HATE this one. A Steel/Psychic, therefore it hates Ground and Fire... but it has Levitate, so it only hates Fire. It knows Calm Mind, Gyro Ball, and Psychic (I think?), I cannot remember that last move... It's also holding a Sitrus Berry, if I recall correctly. Make sure you have someone good enough to hit both the Defense and Sp. Defense of this guy. Whoo...

And, finally, the Championess: Her first Pokemon will be Spiritomb (Ghost/Dark type, no weaknesses therefore). If it uses "Embargo", you won't be able to use healing items (such as Berries or Potions) on Embargo'd Pokemon unless you switch out, so HEAL BEFORE BATTLING HER.
    Her two head Pokemon: Lucario (Steel/Fighting type, but REALLY bad defenses), and Garchomp (HATES Ice bigtime). Others include Milotic (DO NOT USE SPECIAL ATTACKS ON MILOTIC UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THEY WILL TAKE IT OUT! It knows Mirror Coat, so if you were to use Spacial Rend and get a Critical Hit but it survives, it will Mirror Coat your Spacial Rend at DOUBLE POWER. Yep. Pretty annoying...), Roserade (not much of a threat, in my opinion), and Gastrodon (Water/Ground type, only hates Grass of course, but can be annoying).

Yeah... I'm thinking your team may need a Flying-type, but that could be just me. :P

Quote from Muigi

• ^ Sounds good.
    Too bad you can't get Charizard, Moltres, or Ho-oh this early on. :P

Current party:

Palkia* - Lv. 48
    Lugia* (nicknamed "Angel") - Lv. 70
    Ho-oh* - Lv. 72
    Lucario (PALCITY; Cherish Ball) - Lv. 50
    Arceus (Dragon form; Draco plate) - Lv. 100
    Darkrai (Cherish Ball; Spacial Rend, Roar of Time) - Lv. 62

Quote from Muigi

• ^ Heh, sounds like a plan.
    Just watch out for Infernape's defenses... They are about as bad as Lucario's... I know, I trained one, and was almost always thrashed in one hit in the E4. X_X

Current team:

Latias* - Lv. 50
    Uxie* - Lv. 50
    Starly (F) - Lv. 16

(Just finished trading... Gotta love the benefits of Wi-Fi! ^_^ )

Quote from Muigi

• The pokemon in my team are all fire type.Charizard,Infernape,Blaziken,Heatran,Moltres,Ho-Oh.Of course I have pal park so I got most of them by that.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

• My Pokemon Team is rather odd, And It's the one I just beat the Elite Four with.

Palkia - Level 86
    Infernape - Level 68
    Luxray - Level 53
    Staraptor - Level 52
    Graveler - Level 45
    Empoleon - Level 41

• Quote from Shrukan

Giratina is a b**** to catch, but when I get him, I'm going to get Regigigas :P

Just get a normal type with nice defenses against Giratina.... as his signature move (Shadow Force) won't do a thing against those Normal-types.

As for Regigigas... A Ghost/Dark type would actually work very well here, too. Just watch out for Confuse Ray... Ack. And, of course, make sure to weaken him while he's stuck in Slow Start for those five turns!!

Quote from Muigi