The Rapture

• I'm sure most people who are familiar with the Christian faith (of which I follow) are familiar with the word Rapture. For those that aren't, allow me to provide some background information. Rapture means the following(as put on Wikipedia):

Rapture is the name given to the event in which they believe Jesus Christ will descend from Heaven, accompanied by the spirits of all the saints who have passed on prior to this event, and then the bodily remains of these saints will be transported from the earth to meet the Lord and be rejoined with their corresponding spirits in the air. Immediately after this, all Christians alive on the earth are simultaneously transported to meet the Lord and those who have preceded them in the air. All are transformed into immortal bodies like Jesus' body, often referred to as the "resurrection body".

I'm rather curious, What are your thoughts on the Rapture? Please, No flaming or swearing in this thread; Keep it civilized in here.

• One half of me believes in God and one doesn't I don't know, but yea I do believe in the rapture and I watched a show on the History Channel that said the Anti-Christ would come from Romania

• The rapture is before the seven years of tribulation where over half the worlds population will die out, the trumpets and seals of death will be released and the rise of the antichrist will be at hand, its said that if we lead good lifes and if we follow and believe in god we will be raptured before this happens, after the seven years of tribulation satan will be cast into a lake of fire for his second death, and jesus will rule for 1000 years... oh I'm pentecostal/apastolic and yes i believe in this.

• I don't know; part of me believes in God, and part of me finds it hard to believe in anything that damns us if we don't worship it. I just try to be a good person and live my life as best I can, but sometimes...

Oh, and what do you think about all those people who claim it'll happen soon. Like, less than a generation soon. I think they're nuts, myself.

Banner by Midna the Imp (MtI); utter pwnage, that New Dawn Graphics
    Look close, my three fav shadows ^^
    98% of the Zelda community like the idea of Link and Zelda together. If your one of the 2% who doesn't, copy this on to your sig and LET'S BRING 'EM DOWN!!!

• I think what HMS just said pretty much covers the basis of what it is; If I could find my KJV Bible I'd give you a scripture that talks about it. It's basically this if you want a simple version of it:

When Jesus was crucified on the cross, He said that he would walk the earth again. It is also said in the bible, that the time when Jesus walks the earth again will be known as the Rapture. During this time all whom believer in Jesus as their savior & lord will be sent to heaven, Those who do not will suffer 7 Years of punishment on Earth.

• The entire thought of the rapture is quite scary to me, although "true" Christians should not be. I mean, I still have my whole life ahead of me here... this rollercoaster ride we call life has only just begun.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• and then the eternity in hell, I go to Church four times a week, trust me i know what I'm talking about.

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

and then the eternity in hell, I go to Church four times a week, trust me i know what I'm talking about.

Going to church 4 times a week doesn't automatically make you knowledgeable on the subject of Christianity, but you are correct.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Twistkill

Going to church 4 times a week doesn't automatically make you knowledgeable on the subject of Christianity, but you are correct.

I know it doesn't just automatically give me info, but trust me I've learned a lot.

• Quote from Twistkill

The entire thought of the rapture is quite scary to me, although "true" Christians should not be. I mean, I still have my whole life ahead of me here... this rollercoaster ride we call life has only just begun.

I admit the Rapture and the After Life still seem scary to me. I know I have the assurance that I will be with God when I die or when the Rapture happens; But yes, It's a scary though all on its own.

• So do you guys believe in the belief that you must have the holy ghost and been baptised to get into heaven?

• My belief of how to get into Heaven stands as this:

Believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and your reward will be sweet in Heaven when you die.

• I believe in God and Jesus and all of the holy people they say...

lol. Prince_Zora gave me a lesson about this at school and I simply replied:

"dude. If it happens it happens, but don't think just Christians are automatically safe."

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

So do you guys believe in the belief that you must have the holy ghost and been baptised to get into heaven?

What? No, that's not the way to get into Heaven. Where did you get that from? You must accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, ask him to forgive you of your sins, and believe/trust/obey in him. This goes into much greater detail if any of you would like to know.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Aronath

My belief of how to get into Heaven stands as this:

Believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and your reward will be sweet in Heaven when you die.

Oh i see, you see in my belief you must get the holy ghost and be baptized in jesus name.... i will quote acts 2; 38 by heart....

And then peter said: Repent and be baptized everyone of you, for the remission of your sins and you shall recieve the gift of the holy ghost.

and those are words to live by... for me anyways.

• Quote from Shrukan

I believe in God and Jesus and all of the holy people they say...

lol. Prince_Zora gave me a lesson about this at school and I simply replied:

"dude. If it happens it happens, but don't think just Christians are automatically safe."

Of course not, Not all Christians are safe automatically. It's says that in the Bible ALL believers in Jesus Christ must answer to him for what they've done in his life. Most people hope to hear this famous line quoted throughout the bible: "Well done thy good and faithful servant"

• and if not they will recieve the second death. which they are cast into hell.

• It's odd how people feel a natural instinct to worship something. They say they don't believe in "God," yet they are always worshipping something they would consider "God" psychologically.
    Just like a person I saw once... said he/she didn't worship God, but because of that, would worship Arceus (since Arceus is considered a "God" Pokemon... O_o ).
    I guess it's only natural. Humans were created to serve under God... and we always find ourselves worshipping something, one way or another, if we're not directly serving Him.

As for this, I've HEARD of this... If this has ties into the Three Days of Darkness scenario (Revelation stuff), then I suppose I would believe it.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Well my good christian friend told me is that you go to heaven if you accept Jesus in your heart but, I have lusted so many times and cussed :'(