A communal story, written one complete thought at a time.

• So, we've all probably played "one-word story" games, or "write a story one sentence at a time." I've generally found them to be novelties that are more annoying than entertaining. So here's an experiment: lets write a communal story in indeterminately sized chunks. Try to aim for between one paragraph, and 100 words.

-------

"Ne-- --lp. --'ve r-n agr----." came the voice over the ship-to-shore radio. Darren looked at the speaker incredulously, as if he'd somehow catch it smirking at its dumb joke.

"Say again, Reprieve?"

"-- need so-- --sistance --re. We ra- -ground!"

"Reprieve, I read your current coordinates as 35.138497 by -40.452347. There's no land around you for miles." A crackling static silence followed. When the voice from the Reprieve came again, its annoyance was obvious even through the distortion.

"Sure ar- - -ot of tre-- -nd dirt --neath --- keel i- ---- isn'- -and. --- -ucking ge- ---eone out he-- ---eady."

• "OFFTOPIC"

Maybe people felt intimidated and didn't realise all you're really asking is to write something potentially smaller than a twitter post.
    Anyway since no other people have chippen in. I'll try.

"Ne-- --lp. --'ve r-n agr----." came the voice over the ship-to-shore radio. Darren looked at the speaker incredulously, as if he'd somehow catch it smirking at its dumb joke.

"Say again, Reprieve?"

"-- need so-- --sistance --re. We ra- -ground!"

"Reprieve, I read your current coordinates as 35.138497 by -40.452347. There's no land around you for miles." A crackling static silence followed. When the voice from the Reprieve came again, its annoyance was obvious even through the distortion.

"Sure ar- - -ot of tre-- -nd dirt --neath --- keel i- ---- isn'- -and. --- -ucking ge- ---eone out he-- ---eady."

Darren felt a surge of apprehension while the static radio filled his ears. He knew he had to remain calm.

• OoC: I like it, like a more laid-back verison of an rpg.

"Standby," he managed to blurt. As he tuned in to the frequency of the Nescience approaching on the opposite side of the peninsula, he couldn't help but feel a little bitter. Marton was a nothing place. Barely a village. And the great Reprieve ran aground on his turf. It wasn't even his shift - he was covering!