Wii Vs. PS3 Vs. XBox 360

• Well it seems the Wii is catching up surprisingly after one year of being on the shelf, and already selling nearly 11 million units.

According to Nextgenwars.com, Wii sales take up nearly 41% of the compition, Xbox 360 with 42% and PS3 with a small 17%, even after coming out 2 days before the Nintendo Wii.

I really knew that the Wii would be ahead of the Ps3 in the long run. (n_n)

• Yes, it's making up for the less well-performing Gamecube sales last time. It's selling well because of the more family-oriented Wii Sports, which also comes with the Wii, but the other games like TP and Metroid are not as well off with that advertisement - they're still as complex as the past generations, so the console is not more family friendly, only a few games are to make it seem like that. Still, it's a cool machine... nothing particularly strong or powerful, but I love pwning my dad at golf.

Console wars and statistics from sites don't go anywhere. We should all let people make their own decisions.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Console wars and statistics from sites don't go anywhere. We should all let people make their own decisions.

I agree with this statement. You shouldn't let console statistics make you purchase a console you want. You should buy whatever console you want the most satisfaction you'll get out of it.

If you want an innovative machine, buy the Wii.

If you want great graphics with a solid online system, get the 360.

If you want a game system with solid games and that can also play Blue-Ray DVDs dirt cheap, buy a PS3.

It's really all in the consumer's choice. I've said this many times before, there is no such thing as a "console war".

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• If you're talking soley about games and not extra features to the systems, the Wii has them all beat. Its new design attracts many that were not once gamers, and still attracts those that were. Halo's large audience likely caused the high sales in 360's, or at least a vast majority. The PS3 didn't have much to brag about, really, which is why it did so poorly. I expect the Wii will be the most popular of this Gen of systems.

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• If you're talking soley about games and not extra features to the systems, the Wii has them all beat. Its new design attracts many that were not once gamers, and still attracts those that were. Halo's large audience likely caused the high sales in 360's, or at least a vast majority. The PS3 didn't have much to brag about, really, which is why it did so poorly. I expect the Wii will be the most popular of this Gen of systems.

Of course the Wii is still going to be popular, but you're putting everything in the past tense when it's currently happening. Yeah, Sony needs to do something with its PS3 sales... Gran Turismo and MGS 4 are big exclusives, but those come out next year. Assassin's Creed is shaping up nicely, though. And, of course, Need for Speed Pro Street is going to the best on PS3's hardware. (It's multi-platform) Plus, GTA 4 is going to be one of the only games you'll even need, on 360 or PS3... I am definitely getting that special package it comes in - a metal safety deposit box, duffel bag, keychain, and a special cover, I believe...

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Wii pwns PS3. Next discussion ^^ =3 X3

The entire concept of video games and who likes what among them is so completely and utterly subjective that, in fact, even if your comment was proven through OBJECTIVE and UNBIASED comparisons of the consoles, and widely accepted among the entire world, it would still amount to virtually nothing.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• The entire concept of video games and who likes what among them is so completely and utterly subjective that, in fact, even if your comment was proven through OBJECTIVE and UNBIASED comparisons of the consoles, and widely accepted among the entire world, it would still amount to virtually nothing.

Dang, why don't you whine about it alittle more? XD I never said anything about anygames... Infact, nothing at all accept for my oppinion... I just like the Wii more for my personal reasons, I have freedom of speech :P

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~

• Dang, why don't you whine about it alittle more? XD I never said anything about anygames... Infact, nothing at all accept for my oppinion... I just like the Wii more for my personal reasons, I have freedom of speech :P

Don't call me a whiner. I'm far from one.

I never said that you don't have the right to freedom of speech, but you need to provide more than just "WII PWNS PS3 CUZ I SAID SO LOL" for people to pay attention to you.

In terms of the consoles, the PS3 is the best deal for what it offers, and the Wii is a good bargain. The 360 is kind of the middle contender. The thing is, people don't have $500 just laying around...

See, that's an objective standpoint. Obviously, there can be other factors that can affect the outcome on a personal level, such as your financial situation or your unwillingness to change, ie I have a PS2, so I naturally want a PS3 for the familiarity, but that doesn't mean I'm biased. Outrageous comments, ignorance of the features, or your childhood are what cause a bias.

Subjectivity applies heavily to the games of the consoles, with very few exceptions, and this applies only to exclusive franchises, such as Zelda or God of War. Obviously, multi-platform games are all the same, with PS3 and 360 versions being more immersive and the Wii being different.

My point still remains that all of this bickering over which console has better games is really not doing anything. Sales? Yeah, they're important statistics, but let's not create the bandwagon fallacy here, folks.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Meh, I only said that because I didnt want to say my reasons for only that reason. Besides, Its the same old community with the same old people... But we all rock, but not enough that I have to tell my reasoning for everything ;)

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~

• My reasons for sticking with nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Smash Bros
    So those are my reasons why I'll hate myself for saying this but

"Wii pwns PS3 LOL!"

shotgun please.....

That's your opinion, and I respect that, but please avoid the console bashing in this thread, thanks.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Actually, it's $500... still expensive, I know no one really just has 500 bucks laying around, but it's the best deal for what it comes with. It has a larger hard drive, a built-in blu-ray player, and free online network compared to 360, for $100 more. Trust me, you don't realize the value.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• My uncle apparently does. He bought me an Xbox 360 last year and then went out and bought himself PS3. I say Wii<PS3 Wii<Xbox 360 Xbox 360<PS3

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

• Don't you mean Wii > Xbox? Or you saying Wii sucks?

He's not saying the Wii sucks, he's just saying that, by comparison of the features and abilities of the consoles, the PS3 is above the other 2, and this is of course true via an objective analysis/side by side comparison. (Games are another issue, debating about that is utterly pointless)

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• He's not saying the Wii sucks, he's just saying that, by comparison of the features and abilities of the consoles, the PS3 is above the other 2, and this is of course true via an objective analysis/side by side comparison. (Games are another issue, debating about that is utterly pointless)

It's true. The PS3 does have some of the best hardware money can buy, and is technically superior than its competition, but most of the games for it currently have yet to unlock its full potential.

Quote from The Shoutbox