Most disappointing handheld

• I'd say the Virtual Boy but I never owned one. :lol:
    It was still disappointing given that it looked dorky. It seemed very uncomfortable. It didn't offer many games and it didn't last long on the market. The idea was good but the execution was terrible.

In many ways I think Nintendo has been re-taking the ideas they couldn't make in decades past now that technology is less limited. I think the Wii was inspired by the power glove and guns from the NES and the 3DS inspired by the ideas from the Virtual Boy.

• I'd say the Virtual Boy but I never owned one. :lol:
    It was still disappointing given that it looked dorky. It seemed very uncomfortable. It didn't offer many games and it didn't last long on the market. The idea was good but the execution was terrible.

In many ways I think Nintendo has been re-taking the ideas they couldn't make in decades past now that technology is less limited. I think the Wii was inspired by the power glove and guns from the NES and the 3DS inspired by the ideas from the Virtual Boy.

Is the Virtual Boy really a handheld? It was marketed as one, but by design it didn't work well for that purpose.

Outside of the Virtual Boy, the DSi was a bit disappointing. Nice concept, but it just didn't really offer enough reasons to actually buy it, not least the lack of games supporting its camera feature and other stuff.

• Is the Virtual Boy really a handheld? It was marketed as one, but by design it didn't work well for that purpose.

I agree in both accounts. I don't know if it really could be counted as portable, but since that seemed to be the intention I included it in my opinion.

he DSi was a bit disappointing. Nice concept, but it just didn't really offer enough reasons to actually buy it, not least the lack of games supporting its camera feature and other stuff.

The DSi felt to me like a half baked prototype. At the time the idea seemed good but as soona s the 3DS was announced I am sure it made more than few people bitter about spending in a model that would soon become obsolete. 3DS plays DS games and handles better the virtual shop, camera, etc that the DSi brought.

I can't decide between the new 3ds or gameboy micro

I think the New 3DS XL is alright it is just it should had been the only console. It just seemed like a slap to have a new model slightly better so soon. The Youtube in 3D and bettwer browsing experience were good for users like me that actually spend some time with them. But for a gamer that doesn't go on the eshop or use other applications besides the games. It is kind of pointless. Not sure if the 2DS counts as disappointed, it seemed puzzling at the time but they basically addressed the parents fears of durability and kids bypassing the 3D restriction.

And gameboy Micro is cool. I wish I had gotten my hands with one back in the day. :-P

• I don't have money fo' that shieetttttt.

That's missing the point. :-P
    If people can play in a screen for a wrist-watch then the micro has a chance.
    That said I do get your point. I just like how much of a "pocket" item it is. If I owed one I'd be a bit afraid to lose it.
    Too bad they are not that easy to get nowadays.

• :lol: Fashion.
    It was attractive to me at the time simply because I didn't already own a GBA but I do agree with your main point and if I recall correctly it was too expensive for being a smaller GBA. I guess in that sense, Micro was pretty underwhelming.
    Can you guys think in other handhelds that disappointed you?

• For me personally? The original GBA.

Mainly because the plastic casing melted while it was in the back of our car. I had forgotten to take the GBA out of the car, so it was just sitting there in the burning Italian sun for several hours. Needless to say the thing didn't completely survive the whole ordeal. Amazingly enough it still turned on, but the cartridge slot was warped and the screen had these huge black spots on it (which did disappear over time). I still have that GBA in a drawer somewhere, lol.

The screen was also hard to see if you weren't close to some sort of light source. I remember having one of those worm lights, but it didn't really help much. :^^U:

• I have a 2ds, and I love it, but I've never been crazy about the eshop. Especially since I have a GBASP and second hand games are pretty cheap. I just don't like all the extra bells and whistles the 2ds has. I still play it, obviously, but I've become more of an old school gamer as of late and I prefer to have physical copies of games