The "Recommend me an anime" thread

• Hey Clara, I am curious. could you go into more detail how Naruto does thing better? Feel free to use episode events as examples. I'd love to read more details, specially as TIO holds that FT gets better if you wait enough. I'd like to know how even with that it is still not as good as Bleach and the like.

TIO: Tell me more about why you think this one is really good.

I haven't really watched eitehr so I want to see your opinions in a bit more in depth. I want to catch up with detective Conan.

• Well, I am just stating the truth.
    If you watch other cool anime like one piece, naruto, bleach...you will get what I mean.
    Fairy tail is just like any other anime for me >.>

I've watched Naruto before, and I've seen bits and pieces of Bleach. I like finishing a series first before I decide which series to watch next. And as of now, Fairy Tail is my all-time favorite.

*insert something witty here*

• TIO: Tell me more about why you think this one is really good.

I haven't really watched eitehr so I want to see your opinions in a bit more in depth. I want to catch up with detective Conan.

I'll try my best not to spoil anything, because in Fairy Tail, there are A LOT of plot twists and surprises, and it's hard to not explain why I like it without spoiling anything. I can agree that the first arc was kind of boring, which is where @Cressel stopped watching. After that though, I adore it. Especially arc 3 and 4. 4 is my favorite as of now. I just finished arc 5, so..yeh. I suggest you watch for yourself and see if you like it or not.

And here is something everyone on this forum has to agree on: The music in Fairy Tail is fucking amazing.

• I've watched Naruto before, and I've seen bits and pieces of Bleach. I like finishing a series first before I decide which series to watch next. And as of now, Fairy Tail is my all-time favorite.

Hmm...what do you like about fairy tail?
    It's a bit different from other shonen series and I am not really into fanservice.
    So, what's your real reason?

• You should be able to explain the attributes without even spoiling anything. explain the why and not the what.

Or just use the spoiler tag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with @Cressel though. I take the story is good and gripping, but surely you can say what it is doing better than other series you have watched to put in there. For example, the characters might all have their own archs, or are changing and feel relatable, etc. You don't need to just focus on the plot, even though you have left clear to love the plot twists it throws you all over.

• Hey Clara, I am curious. could you go into more detail how Naruto does thing better? Feel free to use episode events as examples. I'd love to read more details, specially as TIO holds that FT gets better if you wait enough. I'd like to know how even with that it is still not as good as Bleach and the like.

TIO: Tell me more about why you think this one is really good.

Well, naruto went downhill in the shonobi arc.
    Also, the starting...the chunin exams..they are really good but kishi just went ahead and messed with the village right after that.
    It's just too much for me ._.

• Or just use the spoiler tag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with @Cressel though. I take the story is good and gripping, but surely you can say what it is doing better than other series you have watched to put in there. For example, the characters might all have their own archs, or are changing and feel relatable, etc. You don't need to just focus on the plot, even though you have left clear to love the plot twists it throws you all over.

Yes, every character has their own arc. And when I say every character, I mean every character. Even side characters. My favorite arc that I've seen as of now is Erza's arc. And I'll be sure to put up a spoiler tag later, but if you plan on watching the anime after you read the spoilers, it won't be as enjoyable as it should be.

• Yes, every character has their own arc. And when I say every character, I mean every character. Even side characters. My favorite arc that I've seen as of now is Erza's arc. And I'll be sure to put up a spoiler tag later, but if you plan on watching the anime after you read the spoilers, it won't be as enjoyable as it should be.

Well, even so people would want to read spoilers from time to time.
    I didn't know anything about END and now I am planning to watch the anime just to find out more about it :D

• I would like to ask for recommendations.
    I am into horror and action genre.
    I have seen most of the popular anime out there like one piece, naruto, bleach, fairy tail, another...whatnot.

So, now recommend something really good, for me guys :^o^:

I heard that Parasyte -the maxim- was a very interesting anime. I haven't personally watched it, but it seems to fit into your categories. I'm going to assume you've also seen Attack on Titan. Another anime that might interest you is Akame ga Kill! though I heard that the ending is pretty lackluster. Magi is also pretty good, but it doesn't really fit into any sort of horror genre and the story can be disjointed at times (IMO). Deadman Wonderland might be what you're looking for as well. These are all pretty popular, I know. Most horror/shounen/action anime tend to scale on the more popular side if they're worth watching, so you might have already seen everything I listed.

I would highly recommend Monster as a must-watch anime, but it doesn't exactly have a lot of action in it like the ones you've named. Another good mention is Madoka Magica for how delightfully screwed up it is. (to parrot other posts, Hunter x Hunter is also amazing).

sig.gif

• I heard that Parasyte -the maxim- was a very interesting anime. I haven't personally watched it, but it seems to fit into your categories. I'm going to assume you've also seen Attack on Titan. Another anime that might interest you is Akame ga Kill! though I heard that the ending is pretty lackluster. Magi is also pretty good, but it doesn't really fit into any sort of horror genre and the story can be disjointed at times (IMO). Deadman Wonderland might be what you're looking for as well. These are all pretty popular, I know. Most horror/shounen/action anime tend to scale on the more popular side if they're worth watching, so you might have already seen everything I listed.

I would highly recommend Monster as a must-watch anime, but it doesn't exactly have a lot of action in it like the ones you've named. Another good mention is Madoka Magica for how delightfully screwed up it is. (to parrot other posts, Hunter x Hunter is also amazing).

I will take a look at that parasite and as for the attack on titan. I did complete watching it but, I am not a big fan of that anime. I saw another anime too :D
    I saw magi,deadman wonderland. Well, now I have to anime to check. Akame ga kill and parasite :D Thank you for the suggestions, aphelion :D

• Not bad.

Parasyte is full of gore but the story is good where as Akame ga kill is a joke

I saw Parasyte on Netflix and I agree with you.

I haven't tried Akame Ga Kill, but I saw it was available in Netflix. If you think it's a joke I might give it a skip.

• The death rate is way too high.

At least one character would die in every chapter and that's just surreal, Kaynil Chan.

Oh dear, that description kind of give me Gantz vibes. Probably AGK is nothing like Gantz. Haha.
    Either I'll get interested or I'll get turned off if they seem to be cheap deaths without support in the plot to justify them.

This kind of reminded me of When they Cry. I only saw the first season because, Ntflix, but that was pretty weird. The episodes felt like alternate timelines and you were learning new things but basically seeing some of the characters dying or killing. I saw it recommended and on its day it had some memes under its belt, so I thought I'd add it to my bucket list, but yeah. I don't think I could recommend it you once I saw it.

Have you watched Beastars? I think I'm going to try to watch that one since it seems to be polarizing.

• Oh dear, that description kind of give me Gantz vibes. Probably AGK is nothing like Gantz. Haha.
    Either I'll get interested or I'll get turned off if they seem to be cheap deaths without support in the plot to justify them.

This kind of reminded me of When they Cry. I only saw the first season because, Ntflix, but that was pretty weird. The episodes felt like alternate timelines and you were learning new things but basically seeing some of the characters dying or killing. I saw it recommended and on its day it had some memes under its belt, so I thought I'd add it to my bucket list, but yeah. I don't think I could recommend it you once I saw it.

Have you watched Beastars? I think I'm going to try to watch that one since it seems to be polarizing.

I haven't watched that one.

If it's good, I will give it a try but I can't really watch too many tragedies in an anime.