'The Legend Of Zelda' Wii U: 5 things Nintendo's 2016 game must do to avoid disappointing fans

• The fourth one, the others I think there isn't much to be worried about because if they has announce a couple of times the release on Wii U... I guess it will be released on Wii U (and a dual release doesn't sound that bad), and also with the pressure of the development team I'm sure that Aonuma will keep the link of Link and the player and his muteness. About amiibo I guess the action of the player with the game in physical media would be breaking the 4th wall and because of that breaking the History experience, that's something that the team would be thinking of. And the motion controls... c'mon, there's no Wii Mote supported in this game so with the gamepad how many motion control you think will be supported? I don't think they would use the gamepad like... sword :X'D: the pointing with the bow and arrows are enough and... all we can expect in that point.

Thinking a like bit may be some puzzle like the ball in the table with holes game... but then I though... this is not Wii Party U so it isn't gonna happen.

• Quote from Design&Trend

[SIZE=16px]Here are five things Link's next adventure must do to avoid fan disappointment.[/SIZE]

Oh, don't worry I am sure fans will find something to be disappointed no matter what. :lol:

1) Come Out On Wii U. Agreed. I often hear people bought the WiiU sorely in anticipation for this game even before the WiiU picked up its pace. If they were to completely remove that option.
    2) Keep Link Silent Or Quiet. LOL! "What if Nintendo were to attach a personality to Link[...]?" Erm... I think it is safe to assume Link has developed some traits specially post-OoT. I like the current balance but I don't think Nintendo is even contemplating giving him complex dialog. link is grunts, calls and one liners. I don't think this one is even worth worrying about until Nintendo hints they are actually considering to change that. Even then, we should wait for the result before condemn it.
    3) Don't Lock Too Much Behind Amiibo. Eh, so long they keep it optional and doesn't give an unjust advantage, it should be fine. I don't think Zelda Wii U will be the first Nintendo game to make the amiibo essential.
    4) Have A Populated Overworld. I honestly don't see the amount of NPC as a problem as much as how they are handled.
    5) Use Little To No Motion Controls. That is completely subjective. At least for me I don't care if they sue it or not so long they work well.

Which of the 5 things mentioned in the article do you think is the most important one?

I think that coming out for the Wii U is the most important valid concern if only for the rising rumours. I don't think we're at risk of Nintendo forcing Amiibos or changing the personality of Link and judging by the latest demonstration of Aonuma with the gamepad, I think the motion controllers won't be around in the way they implemented it to SS.

I think there isn't much to be worried about because if they has announce a couple of times the release on Wii U... I guess it will be released on Wii U (and a dual release doesn't sound that bad)

Pretty good point. It would be really, really, bad but Nintendo has not in the sightless hinted they are even considering the dual launch. I guess all the rumours is the panicked fans with all the delays Zelda Wii U has been going through.

About amiibo I guess the action of the player with the game in physical media would be breaking the 4th wall and because of that breaking the History experience, that's something that the team would be thinking of

That's a good point. I don't think Nintendo would bring something to break the pace of the game too often and abruptly.

And the motion controls... c'mon, there's no Wii Mote supported in this game so with the gamepad how many motion control you think will be supported? I don't think they would use the gamepad like... sword :X'D: the pointing with the bow and arrows are enough and... all we can expect in that point.

I suppose that other than the gyro sensor in the gamepad so, I wouldn't expect anymore than what we already were able to do with double screen Zelda games.

Thinking a like bit may be some puzzle like the ball in the table with holes game... but then I though... this is not Wii Party U so it isn't gonna happen.

I wouldn't put it pass them. I think I recall some move the ball minigame in a Zelda game before, so they could pull some puzzle like that. :lol:

sig.gifDQkD2XN.png

• The fourth one is definitely the main (and likely only decent) point. I mean, you know what the biggest problem in past games is? Nothing happens in the overworld. You have a few enemies, a few collectables to get and maybe the odd sidequest, but there's always just one town and one mode of transport. Put in a few more towns, make the enemies get gradually tougher throughout the game, let Link use Epona, a boat and flight in the same game and have a few optional dungeons and other areas... and you'd have the best Zelda game in a long time.

The motion controls point I can only half agree with though. Sure, try and avoid using motion controls for pointless stuff (like swimming, throwing bombs, etc), but motion controlled swordplay can work really well. You just need more aggressive enemies than in Skyward Sword.

• ...but motion controlled swordplay can work really well. You just need more aggressive enemies than in Skyward Sword.

Ok, this is interesting because so many people thinks that the swordplay motion controls are also annoying... but I'm with you in that point, I enjoyed that kind of gameplay... But for me the bad part of it was the animations... are pretty... I don't know... I just don't like it.

• Yeah, the problem with Skyward Sword is they tried to make the combat a bit too 'realistic' in some sense. Yes, trained fighters are more defensive (as anyone who saw a certain boxing match will tell you). But in a game, you don't want cautious enemies, you want reckless, dangerous ones. It's just more fun when your enemy is actively trying to kill you, not just blocking attacks.

Also, note the word 'trained'. Your average Bokoblin shouldn't be acting like a trained swordsman. More like some really drunk guy out the pub, the kind who just wants an all out bar brawl with no holds barred. They should have fought more like the untrained beserker common outside of fencing and the likes.