[E3 2016] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Official Post

The name for the until now known as zelda Wii U/NX has been revealed as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I think there is plenty to be excited about!

[GALLERY=media, 73]Link mounting a horse - The Legend of Zelda Wii U / NX by Kaynil posted Jun 14, 2016 at 6:53 PM[/GALLERY] [GALLERY=media, 74]Archer Link, bow down by Kaynil posted Jun 15, 2016 at 7:09 AM[/GALLERY]

• The animation seems pretty smooth.
    • I like the idea of trying to find ingredients and cooking them to discover different recipes.
    • I am assuming from the trailer you are able to tame wild horses!
    • Link needing proper clothes or food in order to survive extreme weather.
    • The Sheikah power abilities are pretty cool and clever. I like how they are useful for the open world exploration and not just the areas where you find them.
    • Setting things on fire and making things go BOOM!
    • Koroks are back!!
    • Getting frigging Wolf Link from Twilight Princess as your partner if you read the amibo once a day is pretty rad.

[GALLERY=media, 75]Korok in Breath of the Wild by Kaynil posted Jun 15, 2016 at 7:11 AM[/GALLERY]

• This is Nintendo's Playlist with everything related to BotW they have released in their channel so far.

I am honestly super excited about this. I think it is a step in the right direction. It is jumping back to the very first zelda and what they wanted to convey with it and then take a further step to bring it with today's technology. They killed their darlings and let go things we have come to expect from the saga, and so far it looks like it works. it really works well.

Not long tutorial or semi branches that only gives you the illusion of choice when at the end we played the same story. You wake up in a cave, go out and have to work your way out for survival and learning what's going on. By experimenting you learn new things like useful recipes, strategies to take out your foes, unexpected tools. You explore, discover, learn and tackle what and when you want. They say you can even skip straight into the final boss. This is exciting because it means that your first playthrough is going to be yours, unique and different from anybody else. That is friggin amazing!

Also the Slate powerups Link collect are really clever. I like how they are not just for the building you found them in but they become another way o interact with the open world, and instead of obvious arrows or hints, it is up to you to see what can react to it and experiment. The gameplay showed a girl using a boulder to shield enemy attacks, lighting grass on fire to take advantage of the wind direction and have it spread that fire into an enemy camp. During every moment it really feels like there is not 'one right way' to do things.

Also the animations look so smooth. I love how in the menu screen Link reflects how is he withstanding the weather. Shivering Link is just plain adorable, the animation is so nice and smooth. It sounds like a game that I'll be popping up just to have fun way after I had defeated the main story.

Last:
    [MEDIA=twitter]742767488925110272[/MEDIA]

• This game looks more than just a game. I have a strong feeling it's going to reinvigorate my love of gaming and do something special. It just seems like the example of freedom in a game, like it's going back to the first of the series. It starts off with limited story and throws you into a world that looks so interesting. The whole world from the trailer and that plateau they were on is begging to be explored and that was only a small section of the world.

I can't remember when I was last this excited about a game.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming