Are we getting too much information on Breath of The Wild?

• Is Nintendo Spoiling Us? 5

1. Yes! I avoid as much as I can. (2) 40%
    2. I love getting updates from my favorite developers. (2) 40%
    3. More... MORE... MORE!!!! MUHUHAHAHA!! (1) 20%
    4. BoTW Zelda best Wifu. (Indifferent) (0) 0%

Honestly, I'm a little concerned with the amount of content Nintendo has put out about BoTW. It's gone beyond teasing. I wish they would just stop and maybe stick to a promo image here or there. I'm glad they've stuck to in game footage rather that pre-rendered crap like most tripple A companies. But at least those games leave stuff to be discovered. No matter how big this world is, I have a feeling it's going to feel a bit more mundane now that we've seen as much as we have.
    How do you feel?

• I've watched trailers but not all the gameplay videos that have been out. I watched the very first one when I was trying to compile a list of features but now I feel like it is all in the open and I rather do the actual exploring and figuring out some of the open-world puzzles myself.

It definitely has gone beyond just teasing, although I don't feel like they have particularly spoiled most of the game. I think the amount liberated till now it is perfect. They have been really good at handling things, giving us a long starvation and the sprinkles that were kept in Crescendo right up to the Switch Presentation Third Trailer. I don't think they will add more, or at least I hope not, because if they do then I'll have to share your concern for this over-exposition of the game.

Usually, the stuff that feels overkills it is not Nintendo but the same fans overanalyzing things, like when they deciphered the Hylian language on the Tapestry and have found out what it says (which seems to be a prologue). That information, for me, is a big spoiler.

I feel this game is a call to the Zelda fans, including the old schoolers that never completely saw eye to eye with the 3D games. BotW seems like a second take on the original idea of what they expected Hyrule Fantasy to become back in the 8 bit era but without the limitations back then, and they have stacked everything quite high. Adding voice acting is probably one of the ballsiest movements.

I'm glad they've stuck to in-game footage rather that pre-rendered crap like most triple-A companies.

QFT. Nintendo is of the few that actually show gameplay. I hope they don't change that.

• Adding voice acting is probably one of the ballsiest movements.

Honestly, I have been of a mind that the addition of voice acting simply comes down to music. They can't keep putting Zelda's lullaby on loop during dramatic cutscenes forever... Even if fans do call it artsy.
    They were so restricted by that ridged format that they couldn't really make the cinematics that they were so clearly trying to make in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword because the player always had to press A.
    This way, they can have free-flowing scenes with dynamic music without younger viewers getting frustrated by text that moves away too fast.
    Though it would be nice to have an option to turn the voices off/down for old school fans.

• I saw the title of this video and I thought of this thread immediately, haha

Honestly, I have been of a mind that the addition of voice acting simply comes down to music. They can't keep putting Zelda's lullaby on loop during dramatic cutscenes forever... Even if fans do call it artsy.
    They were so restricted by that ridged format that they couldn't really make the cinematics that they were so clearly trying to make in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword because the player always had to press A.
    This way, they can have free-flowing scenes with dynamic music without younger viewers getting frustrated by text that moves away too fast.

I don't mind the voice acting. I can understand there is a dynamism that you just can't capture with text and constant pausing between lines.

I imagine that some people find the voice acting a bit too drastic, haha.

• I saw the title of this video and I thought of this thread immediately, haha

I don't mind the voice acting. I can understand there is a dynamism that you just can't capture with text and constant pausing between lines.

I imagine that some people find the voice acting a bit too drastic, haha.

Yeah, I already saw this.
    Love me some Arlo.

• Heck no! I am certain there's a TON that has gone unspoken about this game. I can't wait to see what's in store for this game. The trailers have all been so intense, while extremely vague. Then at E3 they tried to pretend it was a game with no story at all. Then they went right back to intense trailers.

• Heck no! I am certain there's a TON that has gone unspoken about this game. I can't wait to see what's in store for this game. The trailers have all been so intense, while extremely vague. Then at E3 they tried to pretend it was a game with no story at all. Then they went right back to intense trailers.

Considering I don't have a Wii U and can't afford a Switch, the whole spoiler debate doesn't really effect me anyway. XD
    But it was something I felt would make for some fun discussion. I'm looking forward to checking the game out at my friend's house from time to time. Though starting my own game probably won't happen.