What Made You A Zelda Fan?

• We're all zelda fans here

I always find it interesting reading how people first got into becoming a Zelda fan and what game did this

Its OoT a lot of the time though ^o^

Your stories?

• Ocarina of Time lol... My brothers friend bought it.... I THEN HAD TO PLAY! Ever since then I've been a Hardcore Zelda fan.... Zelda is to me, what crack is to crack addicts.

• Actually, I'm not. I'm here for the interaction with the community. I did play a little bit of OoT at my cousin's house before, and a bit of LoZ on my NES emulator in the past, but I otherwise never really got into Zelda. Don't hate me. :D

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• A Fan... I suppose Super Smash Bros. Melee. In all honesty, before Smash I always thought the Zelda series was very overrated (like Final Fantasy, during those days). So, I took it upon myself to read this book, instead of judge it.

One day at a thrift shop, I came across a used Wind Waker (with the bonus disc of Ocarina of Time), and since then I've been hooked. (I've played the original Legend of Zelda, and the sequel, but haven't gone very far. :P )

I should really be thanking my siblings, because if it weren't for them always playing Ocarina of Time/Wind Waker day in and day out after I bought it, I wouldn't have been dragged along for the ride.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• My friend loved the GBA Games, The four swords started it off, He had it, I bought it, we played it alot! Then we got different ones (Minsh cap Etc) And played them alot, Then I got a GC, and got Zelda: The Wind Waker Limted Edition (With OoT And Master Quest)

• Quote from Shrukan

Playing OoT for the first time at age 7. Then I got so much into it I got MM then TWW, and so forth.

Same here, though i dunno what age i was playing it at, probably six or seven.

• I saw LoZ, And liked it, And so forth

We all have a phantom, a "mirror image". It looks back at you each time you look into a mirror.

Will yours consume you, or will you triumph in the light.

phanlinksig.png

• It was the Christmas I think of 1998? Where Ocarina of Time come out that november

Now I'd never heard of Zelda before and I just wasnt into this kind of game. By looking at the back of the box I wasnt too fussed on the game and
    just played the other games I had that Christmas instead.

When I finally got round to playing Zelda I didnt like it at all. Probably the controls were one of the main reasons
    I had never played a game before where you could not jump, and after playing super mario 64 Zelda seemed pretty awful

After playing through the Deku Tree and getting into Hyrule Field, it was hooked on me. Ocarina of Time became my favourite game to this day :)

• I believe it all began on the Christmas Day of 1998 when I was just 9 yearsold and my mum and dad (while at the time I believed it was Father Christmas) bought Ocarina of Time for me. It's vague what I can recall exactly now but I remember when first playing it I was quite excited and didn't what to expect really. I was struggling with the controls firstly and wasn't really into it, but once I got to the first dungeon and got the hang of it I became really engrossed. By the time I completed the first dungeon and first saw Hyrule Field in all of its splendor for the first time, I was completely mesmerized by it all. At the time of course it was unlike anything I had ever witnessed, a vast, detailed 3D world and one instinctively had to go exploring. I guess from that point I was very much a Zelda fan and then went on to buy MM & TWW and loved them both, MM much more though.

• Quote from Prince_Zora

umm amy i played LA when i was 5. Wind waker was when i was 11

O RLY? I don't recall you ever talking about LA until you got into High school, but that's besides the topic...

anyways.

• Well my old friend had OOT so I me and him played it. Ever since I became into Zelda then I even got Majoras Mask and beat it.

• I thought that Majora's Mask was hard.. .but yeah Ocarina of Time started it all for me.

• A few years ago, when I saw my big brother playing OoT.
    I started to play it as well, afterwards, he got Majora's Mask a year later...
    And I even loved that more...
    Since then, I have been playing the Legend Of Zelda series.