The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Yeah as there not nintendo owned.

Just because the characters aren't owned by Nintendo does not mean they are automatically rejected from going into Brawl.

How about Snake? Not owned by Nintendo. Sonic isn't Nintendo-owned, either - he's from Sega.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• And sonic's not in it, and Snake was in a gamecube game, and the owner had to beg to get him in there.

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

And sonic's not in it, and Snake was in a gamecube game, and the owner had to beg to get him in there.

If anyone, Sonic has the best chance out of all 3rd-party characters in making it. He's been quite a few Cube titles, as well as a downloadable on VC... Also a GBA game or two.
    But with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, it may change things...

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from Steelia

If anyone, Sonic has the best chance out of all 3rd-party characters in making it. He's been quite a few Cube titles, as well as a downloadable on VC... Also a GBA game or two.
    But with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, it may change things...

Exactly. Sonic has been a number of Gamecube Titles, and Snake was part of Nintendo since the NES/SNES era.

• Quote from Shrukan

There's only going to be up to 2-3 3rd parties. If they have Shadow in this, then the game' rating will drop.

It would be nice to see, say, Shadow or Knuckles/Tails, as Assist Trophies. That would be as close to entering the fray as they could get.
    Very unlikely, though. Sakurai/Sora would have to buy them up, and it would only cause more mayhem in the process (especially from fans who would want to see other Sonic characters, like Eggman, as AT).

Better off just keeping it short 'n sweet. Sonic is fair enough. Just as Snake is fine, without the need for additional character cameos from his series.

~Oh, yes... and MONDAY'S UPDATE. XP

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from Maverick Aurion

Is that really mondays update?! O_o

No, of course not. Just a joke I pulled off while browsing fellow forums. Hehe.

Speaking of Monday, I believe we'll be getting either some music... a stage, or a character. (Good chance it's either Ness, Captain Falcon, or other fellow veterans or newcomers already revealed, such as Meta Knight).

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Oni Lunk

AYE! I agree!
    They better have shadow as well...

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Just be glad if we even get Sonic.

Also, I wanna see Falcon's Falcon Punch looks like so bad now. XD

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Monday's Update:

<DK Final Smash: KONGA BEAT>

Taa-daah!

He whips out those drums, like in Donkey Konga.
    ...I have yet to play that game, yet a lot of the DK stuff so far has been heavily inspired by it. Odd.
    (It's best not to use this Final Smash on screen scroller stages, such as Rumble Falls...)

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• Yeh, the new item: Pitfall.

I still haven't played Animal Crossing... so, naturally, I've never seen this item before. It looks pretty interesting, as simple as it is. Could come in pretty handy... It's almost like the Motion Sensor, except it doesn't detonate when you step on it, and this one actually disappears.

~~

Oh, and just for kicks, if you thought you heard a horrible rant, wait until you see these (LINK ON MOTORCYCLE FTW XD). As stated, "an accurate description of the Smash Bros. FANBASE responses to the Dojo Updates" (I suppose this is what happens when you expect too much):

Quote from Muigi

• ^ Indeed.
    I just happened to come across this. It sounded so profoundly immature, it was hilarious. XD
    And it sounds just like those fanboys at the Nintendo Forums... They speculate way too hard there. It can get very annoying, really...

Days 8, 23, 29, 40, 41, 44, 48 and 49 are the ones I found most humorous out of that...

Poor Deoxys. :(

Just for closing: NEW STAGE! XD

Quote from Muigi