The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• todays update

Bumper

What?! Is this... Could it be?!

It?s the Bumper from the Nintendo 64 version of Super Smash Bros.!
    Back again after a whole nine years... Well, I?ll be.

This is the kind of bumper you might see bouncing a pinball around. So if a character touches it, he or she will get knocked around as well!

Now you can set them in midair as well. This might lend itself to a few new and interesting strategies.

And don?t just set it randomly and wait for an opponent to walk into it?try to use it wisely in combination with your own attacks.

• Yes... Checked it this morning, just too tired to post it.

Bumper. People have been wanting it since it was canned in Melee. Hope those people are happy now.
    Me? I don't mind it. I've actually kind of missed the thing.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Even though I don't plan on getting this game, let alone a Wii, that bumper would be useful if you placed it right at the edge of a platform and forced people to be flung off. Unfortunately, your opponent might catch on to your strategy and use it against yourself. (I've played SSBM before at my friend's house)

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Myself I always found the bumper to be somewhat annoying

This one looks a lot bigger aswell so it is sure to get in the way a lot more.

Im not against this though, its a classic SSB item.

• It's about time!! But shoot, I'm going to be out and about by October. Darn. XP
    At least I'll be able to see the characters in action, hopefully.

~~

"NEW" CHARACTER CONFIRMED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMJcyOxXykw

Go to 45-46 seconds in this brief E3 trailer... It's when Pikachu uses Volt Tackle.

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• you could have edited your current post

I saw pikachu fighting DK, is that who you're trying to say is the new character?

[b]December 3rd Super Smash Bros Brawl will be released

• Ahh, sorry. That's what happens when I don't think and I'm in Brawl mode. ^^;

I meant him, yes... A "new" character... returning Veteran. I was thinking we'd either see him, Yoshi or Captain Falcon during this conference (Yoshi because of his stage, C. Falcon because of Goro).

Quote from Muigi

• Im hoping to see perhaps Diddy Kong in Brawl
    I think that would be pretty interesting and I love him

• I heard that Diddy Kong (along with others, one being Ridley) was originally supposed to be in Melee, but was scrapped due to time restrictions... similar how to Snake was proposed, but unable to meet the set time. Now we see Snake in Brawl. That gives us some hope.

Many hope to see a Diddy and Dixie combo, like how the Ice Climbers work. Mmm, I suppose it COULD work... it would save up one extra character slot. If Diddy isn't playable (nor Dixie), they'll definately be Assist Trophies, no doubt.
    I'm hoping to see King K. Rool. He's like Bowser, so... eheh.

~

TODAY'S UPDATE: Combo. Includes a movie, and Veteran character.

MOVIE: 15 second movie we saw from E3.

CHARACTER: DONKEY KONG

DK is back, and is bringing along his famous iron fist from Melee and the original!

Talk about detail. These guys don't disappoint!

Kong has moved on from Pauline, to Zelda!

Discussion?

Quote from Muigi

• Heh, indeed.
    I've never played Animal Crossing, but the amout of fanboys for it who always kept complaining that one of those AC characters would be a Brawler.... Well, that's just about discredited now. Just because they saw the musician for the game in the Musician listing. Tsk, tsk.

Looks like an interesting stage. I'll probably go to this one, since it's time based. And I'll want to check if this "concert" really happens at 8pm. That'll be something.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

I've never played Animal Crossing, but the amout of fanboys for it who always kept complaining that one of those AC characters would be a Brawler.... Well, that's just about discredited now. Just because they saw the musician for the game in the Musician listing. Tsk, tsk.

Then they come up with idiotic loopholes for their character (Tom Nook) to get in.
    It's ridiculous, and their "good" example is Falcon fighting on his stage while the Blue Falcon is still racing.

They should know that, in SSB, Falcon and Ness had no stage but they still made it in the game. Just because an AC emblem is there DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN a character from that game is gonna be playable, unless Sakurai says otherwise. I also realized that Smashville forgot someone important in their town.

My favorite AC character and all-around asshole:

MR. RESETTI

Is it possible that we'll see him as an Assist Trophy? I hope so. :P

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from spiff

I hpoe they have Yoshi. He's my best character.

I'm sure 100% he'll be in. Yoshi has been in the first two Smash Bros., so why kick him out of the 3rd?

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• From what I hear, all original Smashers (from Super Smash BROS.) will be making back. Yes, Jigglypuff, too.

Anywho... I'll laugh if no Animal Crossing guys are playable characters. Nothing against AC, it's just that those "fanboys" complain about it too often, and personally it's getting on my last nerve. That's why I prefer coming here for information... Nowhere near as immature as, say, the Nintendo Forums. -_-
    I'll just leave it at that.

So, THAT's Mr. Resetti. I've been wondering about his identity; thought I recognized the name, though.

By the way... AWESOME avatar, spiff. XD

Quote from Muigi

• A friend told me why isn't Snake Profile up. I'm thinking they are putting up Nintendo based ones first and then the 3rd party. Or maybe the info on the profiles in this weird roster?

Mario-Link-Kirby-Pikachu-Zelda-Donkey Kong- Bowser... etc.