The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• That... is actually a pretty good item. It's like Fox and Falco's reflectors, except mobile.

MOTHER... Isn't that the series with Ness?

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I'm excited.I can't wait for it to come out.I pwn with link >:-D

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

• CHARIZARD IS PLAYABLE!!!... kind of. I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! :D

<Pokemon Trainer>

No way! The Pok?mon Trainer has finally arrived. And it looks like he doesn?t do his fighting directly.

Instead, he uses the three Pok?mon with him?Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard?to do the fighting for him.

Also, one of their Special Moves is:

<Pokemon Change>

They go out in this playable order: Squirtle=>Ivysaur=>Charizard

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to be playing as my favorite Pokemon whenever I pick this guy. ^_^

Discussion!!

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Weirdest. Update. Ever.

It's awesome to finally kick ass with freakin Charizard now, but I wonder who will take his place as the firebreather Pokemon summon?

BTW, anyone else notice that the trainer happens to be Red from the first two Pokemon games? XD

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from Muigi

Weirdest. Update. Ever.

It's awesome to finally kick ass with freakin Charizard now, but I wonder who will take his place as the firebreather Pokemon summon?

BTW, anyone else notice that the trainer happens to be Red from the first two Pokemon games? XD

Yeah, I noticed it was Red... He takes on the look from the FireRed/LeafGreen series. It fits, though, as he has the 1st generation Pokemon starters, and you can't beat the originals. ;)
    I like how they made at least one stage get in -- 1st stage being Squirtle; 2nd stage being Ivysaur; and 3rd stage being Charizard. :D
    I also like how they switch out, kind of like how Zelda turns into Sheik and vice versa, and they keep the percentages.

The only thing I hate is that they have stamina, so that if one stays out too long they become fatigued. But hey, at least I get to play as Charizard. Definately makes up for that, and the [disappointing] exclusion of Deoxys.

~EDIT:

Today's update: An Assist Trophy

<Devil>

Woah.
    He's from an NES game called "Devil World," which was never released in the US.

His programming is simple enough: He flies above the stage, and points his fingers around. By doing so, the screen scrolls, making it easier (or harder, depending on the stage) for you to get KOed off the screen.

So much for using common sense. He's not even assisting!

Discuss.~

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from mortuaries

i really like the look of the map

i think that devil is pretty lame though. never heard of him

That's the Battlefield stage they described early on the site's launch. XD

Also, almost nobody has heard of this Devil guy outside of Japan. From what I saw, Devil World was basically a ripoff of Pacman and, from seeing gameplay videos, I can understand why it was banned. There was A LOT of Christian themes to it (collecting crosses, killing demons, Devil at the top of the screen) and it was no suprise at the time that it was banned from being sold in the US.

Nowadays, most people don't give two s***s about religious themes in games. They're more worried about sexual content and heavy violence. So the green light to adding Devil was born.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• I know what you mean w/the religious parts, Muigi. As long as it brings in money, nobody really gives a hoot as to what's put into games nowadays.

I'm still hyped from yesterday's update to really sink my teeth into the next few days' worth. :D

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb64/gi…t=charizard.gif

*Credit to xdarkraix for this one.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

I would laugh so hard if someone mistook that for being a new Pokemon game. XD

Quote from The Shoutbox

• If you say so. Heh.

NEWEST UPDATE: A game mode.

<Stickers>

Just when you thought spotting trophies was a hassle...

Here's a nice little collection of said stickers.

Basically, these are the new replacement for the trophies of Melee. Though some are not as detailed, there's plenty more of these than there were trophies in Melee. And, these stickers are actually usable!

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• I still wish we had trophies back, because they looked nicer. But with trophies, you could never arrange them or anything. I love this sticker feature! Brawl is going to be sweet. I mean, people say it's best at a multiplayer game. And yes, I agree, but who says we can't have extra stuff? Look now, we got ourselves lots of cool items, including the nintendo equivalent to pokeballs, as well as a full fledged story mode, AND now we got this. Awesome! Brawl is going to be great.

• Who said Brawl isn't going to be great? (Besides the fanboys who wanted Samurai Goroh and such as playable when they're not anymore... but still. :P )

Yes, I wish they had trophies back as well (more detailed, and were always fun to look at), but, as you said, they weren't touchable. The only drawback to such 360-degree rotating greatness.
    And yes, the more stuff in Brawl, the better! Especially playable characters!! Wonder why Sakurai hasn't shown Peach yet, now that I think about it...

Quote from Muigi