Tak and power of Ju-Ju

• I was just flipping through the channels on my TV.... I happened to run into a Tak and the Power of Ju-Ju tv commercial. Seems that he's getting his own show on Nickolodean (SP), and it starts on AuG 31st. Thoughts?

• Yes, saw this ad about a week or so ago.
    Haven't played the game before... so I'm not all into the show. But, now that I think of it, it could be some hopeful sign that in the future there could be a few more of these games-turned-shows... kind of like Donkey Kong. Stratch that. There's already Sonic X, Kirby, and a few others. :P

But on topic, I'm not very interested in watching it... unless they somehow make a *very* interesting advertisement for it.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Almost nothing is original anymore... have to make shows out of video games...

I am but a mask that will take over your physical being when you wear me... <br />Happy Masks Salesman, why must you keep me in your backpack!?

• Quote from Fierce Deity

Almost nothing is original anymore... have to make shows out of video games...

Only a matter of time before they decide to turn Soul Caliber or Smash Bros. into some kind of anime cartoon.

Hell, for all we know, they could be making a God of War cartoon.

Quote from Steelia

There's already Sonic X, Kirby, and a few others. :P

The Kirby anime was actually pretty good. The title BGM was catchy.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from Midna

Don't forget they had a Legend of Zelda anime way back in the day. But that wasn't awsome, it was okay.

What's next?

Didn't forget. Just that they don't aire it... anymore... :P

But, though making shows based off of video games is "unoriginal", it would be awesome if they were to make some of, say, Super Smash Bros. in the future. :D

I don't really mind VG-turned-shows/movies, just so long as they're good and true to their original inspiration's roots, unlike some... *coughSuperMarioBroscough*

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Tak is not an anime. The Zelda cartoon were not anime. They were good ol' American broadcast garbage.

I used to love Nickelodeon, but all my favorite shows are ending. FOP, JN, and now Drake & Josh have all ended. I used to love watching Rocket power way back in the day. I don't see it ANYWHERE anymore. Now they got all this BS everywhere. Stuff like Danny Phantom, Avatar, etc. stuff that tries to be like anime but phailz miserably, and sucks. Plus other bs, like catscratch, that is not entertaining in the least bit. A lot of their teen shows are nothing like the old ones. How can you compare crap like Just Jordan, Ned's Declassified, and Zoey 101 to good ol' All That, Amanda Show, and Nick Cannon show? You can't. You've lost your luster Nick. And to top it all off, you now have puppets that flip burgers (Mr. Meaty) and little brats pretending to play instruments and pretending to know how to date but phail miserably (Naked Bros. Band).

Mmmm. Same goes for Cartoon Network. And to an extent, Kid's WB. I used to watch these three channels like crazy. Cartoon Network had some of my favorites back in the day, with the "Cartoon cartoons" that even though they were, how you say, more of "kid" shows, like Dexter, and Cow and Chicken, I would gladly give up BS like Foster, KND, Camp Lazlo, and etc. to have them all back. Toonami used to be cool, now they're gay and just as bad as 4kids tv. If you watch their anime and know anything about the Japanese versions, you would know they screw them up so badly. And they put crap to begin with. Besides, toonami's new look reminds me of a combination of Thomas the Tank Engine in a star wars theme. Blech.

It just seems as life goes on, things get stupider. Another example, remember how years ago, you could go and see any movie in a theatre, and be impressed? What happened to that? Why do we have so much crap for movies now? It's just messed up is all.

• I have to agree, all the good shows are ending. I'm even missing Powerpuff Girls. :(
    They think stupidity and randomicity make up for those other great shows. They don't, in my opinion (this applies to Nick, Cartoon Network, AND Toonami). Though, I have to admit, Foster's is pretty good in terms of animation, and some of the plots are actually pretty decent/funny.

I'm especially upset about how Toonami's turned out. That used to be the greatest show on Earth. Now it's as "bad", as you said, as 4Kids. They've really lost a lot of their steam over the years.

As for the movies, it's because the only thing people are interested in nowadays is money (and other corruption details, I'm sure). So long as the movie brings in the cash, they don't give a hoot on what it's about, and don't care what critics think and how the audience feels. It's all about the money.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

As for the movies, it's because the only thing people are interested in nowadays is money (and other corruption details, I'm sure). So long as the movie brings in the cash, they don't give a hoot on what it's about, and don't care what critics think and how the audience feels. It's all about the money.

Agreed. Besides, compare stuff you buy in stores and crap, like, electronic and mechanical stuff, and even regular stuff like shoes. Compare today's crap to older versions of the stuff that was made like, a decade ago. Our tech may be better, but the overall endurance, and how long it lasts? Nahhh. Cars from like, the 80s are still here today. Cars people bought from like, 2004 are breaking down. I constantly have to buy new shoes every few months. before the millenium hit, I usually only needed to buy shoes once a year, because they lasted that long. It's all a scheme. Make their stuff look and be cooler so it attracts people, yet make it to where it lasts shortly, so when it breaks down, people buy more, thus, more money. It's retarded, really. People are way too money hungry.

• Quote from Midna

Don't forget they had a Legend of Zelda anime way back in the day. But that wasn't awsome, it was okay.

What's next?

It wasn't exactly an anime, but it was ok.

• Ah, remeber the days when it was worth while waking up at 7 am on saturday morning to watch cartoons?

those were the days, and know we have "Danny Phantom", "Camp Lazlo", and "My Gym Partners a Monkey"

A FREAKIN MONKEY

*sigh*

East side love is living on the west end.

In Soumasian: M?verik Ari?n

• Cartoons based on video games are rarely good. I hated all three Sonic cartoons. Sonic X came the close to the real thing, but managed to eff it up with Chris' dumbass, and the whole metarex BS. The other two were just flat out terrible.

As you already know, the Zelda cartoon is one of the worst things in existence. SMB Super Show wasn't much better.

The only show I can think of right now that was awesome that was based on games was Kirby: Right Back At Ya!. I doubt there is more, but it could just be my memory.

Oh, and if you want to count Pokemon, it was good for a fad, I'd say.

Based on all this, I think Tak has a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of being good. The Tak games never really were the greatest anyways, so that also takes its chances down.