• Essentially, the odds of the universe, starting with the celestial bodies, going down to the makeup of our Earth, the path of evolution, and the development of the human species occurring exactly as it has based on the scientific idea that most of these things were the result of complete chance is so slim that it would seem mounds more likely that there is a God and therefore a purpose to everything.

I would highly doubt whether this is actually incorrect, in fact, this rather strikes me as odd. As there remains no specific and yet real reason for humanity exist any further, we might as well end it all here.

"Life is meaningless." Consider that as a subjective statement. After all, after billions of years, the earth will be destroyed eventually. Leaving completely nothing. All progress will be gone, all that progress whom we made throughout thousands of years.

Feel free to prove me wrong, incedentally.

Winner: The "They always come back" Award

Winner: The "Most likely to be a channer" Award

Winner: The "Most annoying avatar" Award

• So you are saying life is worthless? Go kill yourself now if that is what you think. You're life is worthless as you say.

One's life is not worthless, even if we die out. At least we did something to help the future, by protecting this "end of the world" thing as you say.

If we never existed, life would have died out awhile ago. :/

• Your mindset is what is defined as nihilism... I completely disagree with you, on that note. "Proving you wrong" is something rather arduous, if not impossible, due to aforementioned subjectivity, so I do not quite understand what discussion you are attempting to begin here other than sharing of viewpoints.

Life, at least to me, is a test for us. God wants to see what actions we follow through with on earth, and the choice is presented to us to either accept him or not... this is needed in order to determine our eternal resting place.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Your mindset is what is defined as nihilism... I completely disagree with you, on that note. "Proving you wrong" is something rather arduous, if not impossible, due to aforementioned subjectivity, so I do not quite understand what discussion you are attempting to begin here other than sharing of viewpoints.

Life, at least to me, is a test for us. God wants to see what actions we follow through with on earth, and the choice is presented to us to either accept him or not... this is needed in order to determine our eternal resting place.

In the first place, the point of life doesn't involve religion. Aside of the fact that several people amongst us are actually still atheists.

Secondly, seeing as you're not quite agreeing with the fact that everything will be utterly meaningless if all progress will be gone, I'll have to counter-attack with the "If the universe wasn't, the fact that it can behave in such a way that it appears to do so is rather absurd, in the same way as saying a non-moving object can achieve motion without being acted upon by a force" argument.

So you are saying life is worthless? Go kill yourself now if that is what you think. You're life is worthless as you say.

One's life is not worthless, even if we die out. At least we did something to help the future, by protecting this "end of the world" thing as you say.

If we never existed, life would have died out awhile ago. :/

I do realize, however, that humanity merely demands us to work for society and contribute ourselves to it as well. But...

Essentially, the Charles Darwin theory is actually appropriate for this.

If we die now, or either after 1.000.000 years, what is the actual difference? All progress throughout the years have been entirely lost, leaving the precise point of life meaningless.

And you're forcing me to use the counter argument that life evolved to suit the universe, not vice-versa.

• In the first place, the point of life doesn't involve religion. Aside of the fact that several people amongst us are actually still atheists.

Now you've contradicted yourself. You first claim that your statement is subjective, then you proceed to make a remark that should apply to a global, world-wide view, outside of our own perception. A religion is definitely one of the factors in the purpose of someone's life, if they choose to be a part of one. In fact, that is one of the primary concerns of religion in the first place.

Secondly, seeing as you're not quite agreeing with the fact that everything will be utterly meaningless if all progress will be gone, I'll have to counter-attack with the "If the universe wasn't, the fact that it can behave in such a way that it appears to do so is rather absurd, in the same way as saying a non-moving object can achieve motion without being acted upon by a force" argument.

Due to your viewpoint, how about you then try to make the best out of your life while you still have the chance to? I suppose if someone promised to end your life right at this moment you would be quite indifferent to the situation...

I do realize, however, that humanity merely demands us to work for society and contribute ourselves to it as well. But...

Essentially, the Charles Darwin theory is actually appropriate for this.

If we die now, or either after 1.000.000 years, what is the actual difference? All progress throughout the years have been entirely lost, leaving the precise point of life meaningless.

Again, please read my statement above. You are attempting to justify your opinion through a morbid outlook on the future of humanity rather than focusing on your own existance first. You apparently would not care if you were obese, living at the poverty level, with parents that beat you everyday, because someone who has a mansion, a slew of women, and is free to live how he chooses is living pointlessly anyway.

And you're forcing me to use the counter argument that life evolved to suit the universe, not vice-versa.

I don't see how this is in any way relevant to what I stated.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Now you've contradicted yourself. You first claim that your statement is subjective, then you proceed to make a remark that should apply to a global, world-wide view, outside of our own perception. A religion is definitely one of the factors in the purpose of someone's life, if they choose to be a part of one. In fact, that is one of the primary concerns of religion in the first place.

Claims do not matter, factuality does. Religion is a part of a religuous person, I never mentioned anything which contradicts this initially.

But I realize your point of view, we both have an completely different perception about this.

Due to your viewpoint, how about you then try to make the best out of your life while you still have the chance to? I suppose if someone promised to end your life right at this moment you would be quite indifferent to the situation...

The topic is about the actuality of our existence, no matter what we tend to accomplish, all progress will be lost eventually. That fact is undeniable.

However, yes, I'm enjoying life as it is, with everything I'm currently typing here held in my backhead, of course.

Again, please read my statement above. You are attempting to justify your opinion through a morbid outlook on the future of humanity rather than focusing on your own existance first. You apparently would not care if you were obese, living at the poverty level, with parents that beat you everyday, because someone who has a mansion, a slew of women, and is free to live how he chooses is living pointlessly anyway.

It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact. My opinion requires facts, as you may have noticed.

Secondly, no. I never said that intrinsically. Life is enjoyable, but pointless. Realize the actual difference between both words.

I don't see how this is in any way relevant to what I stated.

I'm relatively sure I created the topic, so it's actually my decision whether it is relevant or not. Simply because my statements aren't completely related to yours, doesn't imply that it isn't relevant to the purposed issue.

• Why does there have to be a reason to life? Sure, after I die the effects of my progress won't last long. It is also true that if the world were destroyed today it wouldn't matter to the Universe or galaxy at all (several stars die each hour, why should our sun be any different?)(I'm pretty sure our sudden destruction will anger some butt raping aliens, but they'll find other things to sodomize.), but why give a damn? I do quite well without any reason in life, infact I'm happier because of it. I don't have to worry about having some "mission" in life, nor do I have to worry about a "purpose" to existance. I can do as I please and be content that the results, even undesirable ones, are not due to me deviating from some ultimate goal in life. I could care less about what happens after I die, I'll no longer be around so why should I care? Are people so egotistical that they have to elevate themselves to a level of importance by putting some purpose and worth to their lives? If you really need a reason to live, it's up to you to come up with one, I would suggest that you see how long can hold out (Sure, you won't know how long you lived after you're dead, but you can wake up every day and say "Damn! I'm still alive! Hell yeah! Take that my inevitable death!").

I'm not insane, at least that's what the voices in my head tell me...

• Ah, the actual purpose of the human life. A question that so many people ponder upon every day. I was actually just thinking of the purpose of our existence. Really, if you ask me, there is no point in our lives. As The Eternal Skeleton said, we don't have to go through life worrying about completing a certain "mission" in our lives. I feel relieved to know that there is no real true meaning to the human life. I know of many people who would disagree and say that there is a purpose of the human life. It's really a matter of opinion if you ask me. Everybody has a different prospective on this issue.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.