Books you want to read

• Official Post

There are some books that are not easy to find or that simply keep slipping under our radar until we recall their existence again. Among those, there are special books that we want to read at some point. Maybe they have high praise or is the favourite of someone important for us. Maybe you just thought it sounded cool or is from your favourite author.

So, what books are in your bucket list?

Feel free to talk about the books that were in your bucket list and how did you feel about them after reading it. :vio:

• My list of books that I really want to read is as follows:
    The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
    The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
    The Death Cure by James Dashner
    The Kill Order by James Dashner
    The Given Sacrifice by S.M. Stirling
    The Call of the Wild by Jack London
    White Fang by Jack London
    The Game by Jack London
    The Scarlet Plague by Jack London
    The Star Rover by Jack London
    The Golden Princess by S.M. Stirling
    The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson
    Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind

• Official Post

Big James Dashner and Jack London fan? I've never actually heard of any of these books. Do tell, why are they on your list?

As for myself, I've been meaning to read a history book called Rubicon about the life of Julius Caesar (I just can't get enough. =P), and I'd like to finish reading Athena's Daughters, because I like women and I like science fiction and I like supporting women who write science fiction.

• Official Post

Of course comics count.

How is it you can't find the Walking Dead comics? They're the most popular thing in the world. Even if you don't have a local comic book store, they should be available on Amazon.

• Of course comics count.

How is it you can't find the Walking Dead comics? They're the most popular thing in the world. Even if you don't have a local comic book store, they should be available on Amazon.

Meh, I never really shop online, so that's probably why. Oops. I should probably do that a lot more. :XD:

*insert something witty here*

• Big James Dashner and Jack London fan? I've never actually heard of any of these books. Do tell, why are they on your list?

As for myself, I've been meaning to read a history book called Rubicon about the life of Julius Caesar (I just can't get enough. =P), and I'd like to finish reading Athena's Daughters, because I like women and I like science fiction and I like supporting women who write science fiction.

No, I just enjoyed the The Maze Runner film and was curious to see about the books that inspired them and seeing as how I like to finish what I start, I figured I'd might as well get them all so I have the complete collection.

• All of the classics. They are forever on my bucket list.

I also want to read more fantasy by Ursula LeGuin and Diana Wynne Jones. Some eerie perspectives on human culture by Daniel Quinn. Some philosophy by Alan Watts (just received The Wisdom of Insecurity, a 1951 print). And Frank Wilczek's book The Lightness of Being, which is about fundamental particle physics.

• I've gone off fiction lately, but I'll deff read the next Millenium's Rule when it comes out, and I'll try to find time for Wilbur Smith. I started reading Warlock ages ago at someone's house, and I'd love to pick it up again.

I'm waiting on Ian Stewart's Incredible Numbers, then Equations That Changed The World by the same. Also trying to finish Paradise Lost, because it's hard work once you get into it it's a heck of a poem. Morte D'Arthur might be kinda cool too. Oh! And Harwiring Happiness by Rick Hanson.

• I want to finish reading all of the Harry Potter books. I'm planning my wedding which will be Harry Potter themed, so I'm trying to freshen up on it.

That's so cool. Good luck with that. :D

Some philosophy by Alan Watts (just received The Wisdom of Insecurity, a 1951 print).

I definitely would like to read some Alan Watts. I like his insight. Let us know what you think of his book after you finish it. :)

• The Kingkiller Chronicles - Patrick Rothfuss
    - The Name of the Wind (2007)
    - The Wise Mans Fear (2011)
    - The Doors of Stone (unreleased)

I cant stress these books enough. I own them in paperbqck, hardback and audiobook

• I really want to read the Game of Thrones books now because the TV show has been ruined by the producers/writers. Unfortunately, the books aren't finished yet and I don't want to start and then wait for ages to finish it off.

AL-banner468.png

Websites, Blogs, Forums & Content Creation

Need help with a project? I'm available to hire for a multitude of services including website design, setup & management, social media management and content creation. More information: Aakash Pereira - Personal Portfolio

• Official Post

Anything by Terry Brooks, the original series started with The Sword of Shannara, then a prequel book came out called the First King of Shannara, but Terry had a stand alone series set in a “different” world, called “Running with a Demon” but it got merged into the Shannara series and now it is the first book in the series.

Nest Freemark Trilogy

Running with the Demon

A Knight of the Word

Angel Fire East

The Genesis of Shannara

Armageddons Children

The Elves of Cintra

The Gypsy Morph

Legends of Shannara

The Bearers of the Black Staff

The Measure of Magic

First King of Shannara

The Sword of Shannara

Elfstones of Shannara

Wishsong of Shannara

The Heritage of Shannara

The Scions of Shannara

The Druid of Shannara

The Elfqueen of Shannara

The Talismans of Shannara

The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara

Ilse Witch

Antrax

Morgawr

The High Druid of Shannara

Jarka Ruus

Tanequil

Straken

The Dark Legacy of Shannara

Wards of Faerie

Bloodfire Quest

Witch Wraith

The Defenders of Shannara

The High Druids Blade

The Darkling Child

The Sorcerers Daughter

The Fall of Shannara

The Black Elfstone

The Skaar Invasion

• Official Post

Man where do I start? If I could have any superpower I would have some sort of time freezing or time thingy, and I would read literally everything out there. Alright not literally. But I would read a lot.

All the Trudi Canavan books. Read two of them and can't wait to find time to read the next one.

Most of Charles Dickens, although there's a nagging suspicion I would get fed up after a while.

Some more stuff by Toni Morrison. Read Beloved for my uni (college) course and that was pretty great.

Areopagitica by John Milton, along with Payne's Rights Of Man

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Eh, I could take Game Of Thrones or leave it. Sorry, just wasn't that wowed by the first few chapters. The tv series is a hook though.

Some pulp fantasy stuff, like The Eternal Champion series

The Silmarilion

I'm sure there's more but that will do

• I might be way too old for them now but I slightly want to read the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid. There's no chance of me buying it though so I'll have to wait until my younger sister gets it

AL-banner468.png

Websites, Blogs, Forums & Content Creation

Need help with a project? I'm available to hire for a multitude of services including website design, setup & management, social media management and content creation. More information: Aakash Pereira - Personal Portfolio