Should I continue... or stop?

• Hi everyone,

I'm making a Zelda Dungeon Maker called The Legend of Zelda: Creator of Time. Using it you will be able to create and play Zelda dungeons similar to Link to the Past. Same graphics as lttp.

But I searched on Google and I see that there is already such an application called Legend of Zelda Maker or something similar.

That project is under development too and it allows you to make a world.
    Far advance than what I am making.

I haven't played it, and I won't.

So, my question is, seeing that there is already such a program, should I stop? My heart says, I want to continue. But what do you say?

Sent from my iPhone 8S using Tapatalk

• Well, Zelda Classic exists, and that's a lot further along than most projects. And a Zelda Maker project was shut down by Nintendo before it rebranded as Legend Maker and set up a Kickstarter campaign.

But you should keep going anyway. You can never have too many game making tools, especially where Zelda games are concerned!

• Well, Zelda Classic exists, and that's a lot further along than most projects. And a Zelda Maker project was shut down by Nintendo before it rebranded as Legend Maker and set up a Kickstarter campaign.

But you should keep going anyway. You can never have too many game making tools, especially where Zelda games are concerned!

Oh.. Zelda Classic is as old as I am (It was started in 1999... I came in 1999)

Seeing it discourages me because I am a novice programmer and I can not even think of making such a program as they have made Zelda Classic.

But still I want to go on... My program will be a simple & easy LTTP-like dungeon maker, not a fully fledged Zelda world maker. That's what I have planned and what is feasible by me.

Thanks for the positive reply, yes, I will continue and not stop. (I hope so)

• I agree with the rest. Don't let other creations discourage you from starting. There is nothing like let your creativity flow doing something you care and feel passionate about. You don't have to aim to make something extreme, so I like you are setting your sights in something more defined. I am sure you will learn a lot. Hopefully you can bring it to fruition even if it takes longer than what you anticipate. Making it because is what you want to do. Forget self doubts and go with it, one step at the time.
    In addition, don't underestimate the satisfaction and the excellent learning experience than a project like this can bring you. This can only be the beginning of a new love and bigger projects, or at the very least a portal to know more about yourself.

Keep us tuned! I'd love to hear about how the project is going. :^o^:

• I agree with the rest. Don't let other creations discourage you from starting. There is nothing like let your creativity flow doing something you care and feel passionate about. You don't have to aim to make something extreme, so I like you are setting your sights in something more defined. I am sure you will learn a lot. Hopefully you can bring it to fruition even if it takes longer than what you anticipate. Making it because is what you want to do. Forget self doubts and go with it, one step at the time.
    In addition, don't underestimate the satisfaction and the excellent learning experience than a project like this can bring you. This can only be the beginning of a new love and bigger projects, or at the very least a portal to know more about yourself.

Keep us tuned! I'd love to hear about how the project is going. :^o^:

Thank you! The progress may not be speedy because I'm alongside working on a new mobile game in Unity, but I won't leave this project! Thanks for the encouraging words!