Rap vs Rock

• Which is better 0

1. Rap (0) 0%
    2. Rock (0) 0%

Okay I know everyone here is going to say Rock, but have anyone of you even tryed listening to the clean versions of Rap songs?

Common hated things about

Rap: Cussing,Repeated words,Insult to girls [Hoe]

Rock: Okay for Rock I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about it but that doesn't mean its bad too

I personally like both as long is the Rock is not yelling like this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUQfOQh5WXw

I think this is the best Rap song so what if it cusses a little it's still good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4zm28uDUJE

Now this is another topic, but wouldn't it be nice if Rock/Rap were to mix like these two songs? I know the first you might not like because you don't like the Rap version but still it would be cool if Rap were to mix with Rock. Maybe it would have Rock verses with Rap beats or Rap verses but 100% clean like Rock and have Rock beats. I mean Shop Boyz already made a Rap/Rock song called Party like a Rockstar and it was so popular everyone liked it and they made a new genre of Rap/Hip-hop called Hood Rock which I hope would be famous one day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOMTiaORuCk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj63G4MZpms

• Rap is slightly overrated in my eyes. Obviously, I would go with rock in the end, anyways. But yeah, Rap is pretty gangsta, sluggish and frequently fairly repetetive, at least the lyrics are. That would indeed include 50 cent, Dr. Dre, Akon and other sorts of crap.

• You guess right Alex, Rock.

I just dont listen to Rap, I dont know why, I just dont take interest in other music... That kind of stuff just wasnt important to me... I just played Zelda and kept my mouth shut, nothing further...

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~

• It shouldn't really say "Which one is better?", moreorless "Which do you prefer?".
    But hey, I prefer rock. Rap... just isn't my cup of tea.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Me... It's only Rock... But these bands: Journey, Dream Theater, Rush, Queen, Aerosmith and Kansas.... I know, heaven-forbid I would listen to Megadeth and Metallica and Slayer and whatnot (Because I grew up with that music...) but, I found my own music... I think my music was the pinnacle of Rock. Dream Theater revolutionized Prog. Rock, Rush started the Prog. Rock, Queen started the Soft Rock and Alt. Rock... Aerosmith continued the Rock era and now... It's just a bunch of bands who think they're those bands (Green Day, Linkin' Park, and more... they all = crap (no offense to those who listen to those kinds of bands...))... That's my personal opinion.

~The Great Sage, ZeldaGuardian~

Leader and Founder of The Seven Sages

Webmaster and Creator of Guardian Sages

"Don't let my past mistakes... Effect your future judgement of me..." ~ZeldaGuardian

"Time is Fate's true love. One cannot exist without the other. If it is Fate, then Time will tell when it's ready." ~ZeldaGuardian

"This is where it all begins... In the Temple of Sages..." ~ZeldaGuardian

• But these bands: Journey, Dream Theater, Rush, Queen, Aerosmith and Kansas

All right! I'm likin this person! Rock all the way. I think I was raised not to like rap. I personally think it's stupid as... well. yeah. So does my dad. and my brothers.

Crystal looks upon the creature with adoration.
    ((what? no, it's an abominable reject of nature))

• All right! I'm likin this person! Rock all the way. I think I was raised not to like rap. I personally think it's stupid as... well. yeah. So does my dad. and my brothers.

I fail to see why any of those "fantastic" bands are really good, except for Dream Theater.

• Man so many rap haters -_-

Heh, sorry, Zhelem, rap just doesn't appeal to me due to the large amounts of hustlin', bustlin', and blinging money that won't be going with you beyond the grave... and the overuse of vulgar language, getting with guys/gals (lust), and plenty of other things.
    I know rock has that, yes, but... with rap, you can't tell me you don't hear that all the time on the radio. I can't tell you how many times I've passed a station where some guy is singing about someone or something I'd rather not hear him complain about. Plus, every song sounds the same (at least, the vocal-less songs). (Don't mean to sound offensive... Just pointing out why I'm not a fan of it. :tingle: )

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• So heavy metal talks about death all the time

I know, the screamers... I don't listen to heavy metal. Just System of a Down. And video game music. :P

Quote from Muigi

• I have some mixed opinions.

I, honestly, listen to rock music more than rap. Most rap out there is just mindless ranting about money or girls or something. But there are a few good, wholesome rappers out there, and I can stand to listen to them. They're just not my favorite.

I'm definitely not saying that all rock music is amazing and never says anything bad. There's a lot of rock out there that sounds really bad or just has no good lyrics at all. But I have to say I like most rock. From punk-sounding stuff to sort of hard rock; from happier, more upbeat stuff to metal. The only metal band that I actually really like, though, is Disciple. Go look them up, they're good.
    Yay Christian metal. :]

But my pig can tell the future!

I was a mod for one day and all I got was this lousy signature! :D
    (no I'm not mad at anyone please don't accuse me of it plzkthxbai D:)

• Okay, I'm just going to quote Caero from Metanet to make all of you with your silly generalizations and biased views realize that rap isn't as annoying as you guys make it out to be:

In all seriousness. I can easily say that I despise all of you who try and act like your so above rap. It's time that you understand that there are different forms of music. Rap has many African roots that many of you don't understand. The songs are based on a more repetitive beat. Beat being the main word here. Rap is based off of beats and rhythms. The reason you all don't appreciate rap is that you don't understand why it's such a great form of music.

On the subjects. I'd say most of the music you all listen to stays on just as narrow of a subject choice. Most of rock is about either love or mayhem of some sort. The culture of rap has taken on different subjects, because it's roots are very different. Originating in the ghettos, where it was all about street cred, which leads to the entire "I'm better than you" scheme. And the ghettos are obviously major poverty areas, which spawns the subject of money.

And what I've said here isn't even a fourth of what rap music is all about. I'm just trying to help you all get that you can't bash something without understanding it.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• I honestly respect rap as music and such, I just do not enjoy it from my personal tastes.

Can't say the same for the rest of my family :/

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• I know this is an old thread, but it's still not worthless D:< So don't give me that. "No reviving threads" stuff D:<

I personally think Rock is better. I listen to rock A LOT. In rap they talk about that stupid stuff. It's all you hear in rap anymore. Some of the older rap is good, but the rap you hear now is just terrible.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.