• We're mainly going to discuss the variety of education in here. Not specifically which ones are slightly more improved the past years nor whom have faced harder times.

Personally, I agree on the matter that Japan has by far the greatest education in the world, Wikipedia grants us the information. So if you wouldn't mind, it's surely potential to look it up. In the matter that Japan certainly contains the most improved education, speaking in general, it's also relatively close to Belgium's second greatest education in the world, on the third place the Netherlands, consequently the United States of America and a whole bunch of other countries coming afterwards.

What I'd mainly like to focus on is Japan and Belgium, though. I personally consider Belgium and the Netherlands as one unit, although they're two seperated countries.

Here, if you wish to read several paragraphs about this fascinating country. By far more interesting than any other, at least, to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Japan

Winner: The "They always come back" Award

Winner: The "Most likely to be a channer" Award

Winner: The "Most annoying avatar" Award

• I would definitely agree with Japan having the greatest education. I mean, you'd have to be a genius to know how to build some of the stuff they got here in the US.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Eh, I despise my America's public education system. Eh, and to think I could've gone to private school (mental disability claim, though I'm not that bad), but now I'm in 11th grade so I figure it's too late now. Hopefully college will be better equiped to educate me.

I'm not insane, at least that's what the voices in my head tell me...

• I would really want to pull The Netherlands from your list of best educational countries in the world. Really, why do you think there is so much of a hassle around middle school systems, shortage of teachers, lesson quality, and level of university.

The level of dutch students on the universities is sorry to say, generally abysmal! Dutch students don't do a ****ing thing for their study, they only care about beer, sex and rock & roll. There is NO motivation whatsoever on our universities to make them do their job. On top of that, and a reason for that, most universities are hopelessly old and dusty, with a lot of need for improvement. The only good university we have is the one in Wageningen.

I can only agree with your statement on Japan. Japan still has a society heavily leaning on the students' accomplishments. In here we only care about the certificate at the end of the study, and it doesn't matter whether it is filled with grades that just only pass the minimum level. In japan, the general dutch graduate would be nowhere..

Really, Captain Cutflake, if there is one country you forgot out there, then it is Finland. A third of that country's labour force is an academic graduate..

.. _ .. /~_0_~\ .. _ ..
    -=!~||~!=-
    defy the blackened, enshroud your timidity, destroy the legend, embrace your reality.

-=!~|I am from beyond your God|~!=-

• I would really want to pull The Netherlands from your list of best educational countries in the world. Really, why do you think there is so much of a hassle around middle school systems, shortage of teachers, lesson quality, and level of university.

The level of dutch students on the universities is sorry to say, generally abysmal! Dutch students don't do a ****ing thing for their study, they only care about beer, sex and rock & roll. There is NO motivation whatsoever on our universities to make them do their job. On top of that, and a reason for that, most universities are hopelessly old and dusty, with a lot of need for improvement. The only good university we have is the one in Wageningen.

I can only agree with your statement on Japan. Japan still has a society heavily leaning on the students' accomplishments. In here we only care about the certificate at the end of the study, and it doesn't matter whether it is filled with grades that just only pass the minimum level. In japan, the general dutch graduate would be nowhere..

Really, Captain Cutflake, if there is one country you forgot out there, then it is Finland. A third of that country's labour force is an academic graduate..

@ The bolded part: I agree with you. No one cares for their grades at my school. All the kids just laugh it off and time and time again I told them: "All you are going to do is make $5 an hour when you could have a better job like my brother and make $25 + an hour." But no one listens. It's surprising that the more and more I look at people younger than me, the more and more I seem to notice none of them give a shit about their lives.

Elementary Mexican kids on this late bus I ride home seem to be showing this. I told them to stop fighting on the bus and act like mature children, but one replied back with a "I rather be an immature child than a ****ing mature one." It seems like education has no effect on these kids. None of them care for their future, even at a young age. If they started to care more about their grades now, more than likely they would succeed in life.

America sucks right now in the terms of education. At my school system, all the schools got a B rating, but the alternative school that branched off is a D. It's not mostly the teacher's fault, but the surprising amount of students who will simply not care for their future.

However, there is times where teachers don't give a shit about helping students, and are there only to make what little money they can. For example, Mrs. Abromiatis (SP) failed 53 students in her English 9 class. She didn't get up at all to ask if anyone needed help, and overall her teaching sucked. She didn't teach most of the time, and expected us just to know how to do this. I tried to ask her if I could stay after for help, but all she did was gave excuses like: "My daughter is sick and I need to be with her" or "Sorry. I forgot I had an appointment today." A teacher who makes an appointment with you and cannot keep it doesn't deserve to be there.

I've had a lot of trouble over the past 3 years of High School. I've had two teachers thus far that failed me, and didn't ask me for help, or I didn't ask them. I'm not trying to completely blame the teacher on my grades, because I have some part in not doing the work or asking for help. But sometimes I can't bring myself to ask for help, because these "teachers" have either been mean to me, or I consider them a waste if they will not get off their fat ass and actually get off the computer and come over to me.

Teachers don't give two shits about their students. You have some that fail students because they don't like them. You have some who just surf the internet.

Why do you think I'm dead set at saying teachers are shitty? Because time and time again, people who want to succeed are shot down by teachers who will not do their work. At my school, we are already having a complaint over a Staff Member of the school, perhaps a lazy ass teacher who only gives out F's.

I can see why Japan is so high up in education. Not because they are geniuses, but mainly because of the fact that Japanese children are pushed by their mother and father to have them work and succeed. Unlike in America, where the average mother and father can give two shits about their children, and just care for themselves and their own greed to continuously purchase unneeded shit like video games, jewelery, electronics, etc.

I'll end my wall of text here.

• I go to a Catholic private school rather than a public one, so I always have immature public high school students on my case. They are always telling me how much better they're school is than mine, and how well educated they are.

Well in my area of America, public schools can be so ignorant, and lax. Teachers are so lazy, and they don't give a care about their students. One time I compared my work to a girl's who was bragging how much better her school is than mine, and damn they get it so good in their school that it disgusts me. At the school I go to, one small mistake earns you a demerit, and if you get punished. Four gets you a detention, and it gets more and more severe. (At twelve you get expelled from school) In other schools over here. they commit far more grave crimes, and they can get away with it so easily. Maybe it's because there are so many students to keep track of, but whatever. If you aren't punished though, how will kids ever learn their mistakes? It's like Mythical was saying about the Dutch students over here, they don't give a damn about their studies, it's all about parties and whatnot...

Things are starting to make sense to me now, how the majority of our society in my area can be so weak in debates. I'm not saying that all schools are like this, but they are in my area, and it's very disappointing...

• It's rather funny, though. There is no source mentioned initially.

So, basically, you can't support your claim.

My source is my well educated dean who supports me in my school choice. He kindly advises me to seek over the border. But I'm seriously considering Wageningen, so...

Sources aren't always on the internetz

.. _ .. /~_0_~\ .. _ ..
    -=!~||~!=-
    defy the blackened, enshroud your timidity, destroy the legend, embrace your reality.

• My source is my well educated dean who supports me in my school choice. He kindly advises me to seek over the border. But I'm seriously considering Wageningen, so...

Sources aren't always on the internetz

Unfortunately, I cannot trust your unreliable so-called "source" then.

Winner: The "They always come back" Award

Winner: The "Most likely to be a channer" Award

Winner: The "Most annoying avatar" Award

• Unfortunately, I cannot trust your unreliable so-called "source" then.

He's more reliable than the internets we have all become so dependent of. Moreover, such distrust gives me the impression that you just don't want to believe that our Universities are that bad. Give me proof that they are so good then. Recent proof.

.. _ .. /~_0_~\ .. _ ..
    -=!~||~!=-

• God you guys ****ing make me sick. Everyone argues. About everything. the staff i mean. Well to get this on topic, I hate school. I'm pretty much in the same boat as Twistkill. I can't get motivated, and my teachers are all just... Crap. To say it blankly. Also they are constantly trying to put me on some type of pill. "OMG he has ADHD, give him riddilen" That ****ed me up pretty bad for a while. "OMG he's depressed! Lets give him more pills" I'm pretty much anti-social now, and I go to a school with over two thousand kids. It sucks. I want to go to an alternative school.. But whatever.

Not here anymore - Mr. Goron.

• God you guys ****ing make me sick. Everyone argues. About everything. the staff i mean. Well to get this on topic, I hate school. I'm pretty much in the same boat as Twistkill. I can't get motivated, and my teachers are all just... Crap. To say it blankly. Also they are constantly trying to put me on some type of pill. "OMG he has ADHD, give him riddilen" That ****ed me up pretty bad for a while. "OMG he's depressed! Lets give him more pills" I'm pretty much anti-social now, and I go to a school with over two thousand kids. It sucks. I want to go to an alternative school.. But whatever.

Yeah I know what you mean. I have a really by attention span, and I can never consentrate on my work. Luckily, my parents refuse to give perscribe pills for me.

Another down side is that there are only seven kids in high schoo, and only one other girl in my grade (pain in the as* who does everything "perfectly") so I always get caught by the smallest things, and now I have a detention this week. (standing in front of a wall for an hour) I really hate my school, and there educative/disciplinary methods..