What's your overall opinion of Twilight Princess?

• It's not that I think there are better animals for Link to turn into, it's just that I think turning into an animal at all is dumb.

Look, it was a creative leap. I'm not going to criticize them too harshly for trying something I didn't like. The zelda series is very stale at this point, and turning into a dog seems like an honest attempt to freshen things up. But I'd prefer it if that creative leap flowed more naturally from the core of the series. Why does Link turn into a dog? What is dog-like about him? What is animalistic about him? I don't get it.

But the dog thing is merely something that I dislike as a matter of opinion. It's not something that I hate. Like the opening.

• I mean, I guess you could make the argument that he's faithful and loyal? But really, link doesn't have that much of a character. He's a silent protagonist.

I prefer LttP where he turns into a horrible pink bunny man.

• I mean, I guess you could make the argument that he's faithful and loyal? But really, link doesn't have that much of a character. He's a silent protagonist.

I prefer LttP where he turns into a horrible pink bunny man.

LINKS THE EASTER BUNNY HOLY SHEET!

Zelda's a man!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!111?!!?!11?!!?!?!?1/!?111/1

Illuminati comfirmED

• This isn't even about TP anymore and you call yourselves staff smh

Well.. er..

6ddf8162d9c94be7402d1fbe30447cd0f689657130d8461d060c9098be6de9e1.jpg

Now that I think about it... Did twilight Princess rip off the delivery boy idea from Minish Cap? Seeing originally you were suppose to deliver a sword to hyrule for both games?

Not to mention Twilight Princess solely relied on its "flashy new" Wii/GameCube graphics. Honestly, the sequence breaks and cutscenes are mostly skippable.. but then again. Twilight Princess dosnt have amazing cutscenes like Skyward Sword does.

Another thing I might add is Twilight Princess promotes the entire theory of Majoras Mask Link dying... Yuck.

I love Twilight Princess, but I don't praise it.

Edited 2 times, last by Kaynil (October 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM).

• I guess it is an interesting question. Why do we think Link turning into a wolf suits him or not.

It's not that I think there are better animals for Link to turn into, it's just that I think turning into an animal at all is dumb. [...]I mean, I guess you could make the argument that he's faithful and loyal? But really, link doesn't have that much of a character. He's a silent protagonist.

I think the silent protagonist has been given more of a set emotions in the newer games. probably OoT started the fad with the gaps. Now we actually see Link getting angry or scared. It is not longer just us projecting our own feelings all the time, cutscenes really break that sometimes. :(
    So I guess you could argue some sort of traits have been starting to show up. Why a wolf? I don't know. I don't think tehre is much to connect it. The game went the easy way "You're s special snowflake" route. Everybody else is just a spirit living in fear not aware of their own situation. Link is special though, so he's a wolf and is aware of the Twilight spreading.

Another thing I might add is Twilight Princess promotes the entire theory of Majoras Mask Link dying... Yuck.

Is that so? I thought that it actually discouraged it. Maybe we should make a thread and discuss this.

• Ya know what could have been interesting? A dungeon item that turns you into a wolf. Heck, they could even do a zelda game where all the dungeon items are different animal transformations. Link could get a bow in the opening of the game, at the same time he gets his sword. Other items could be part of sub-dungeons. Like the Ice dungeon in OoT. Short puzzles that let you get the hookshot or whatever.

But the main focus of the game would be collecting an animal form in each dungeon, and each would give you special abilities and attacks.

• Ya know what could have been interesting? A dungeon item that turns you into a wolf. Heck, they could even do a zelda game where all the dungeon items are different animal transformations. Link could get a bow in the opening of the game, at the same time he gets his sword. Other items could be part of sub-dungeons. Like the Ice dungeon in OoT. Short puzzles that let you get the hookshot or whatever.

But the main focus of the game would be collecting an animal form in each dungeon, and each would give you special abilities and attacks.

Well, in Twilight Princess after you collect the three fragments, and getting the Master Sword you can turn into a wolf at free will. So the idea isn't so bad, but I guess.. there can always be room for improvement.

Like the idea, you should talk to Nintendo :^_~:

Sounds pretty cool. Probably TP didn't need that extreme, but the game suffered from the same syndrome of OoT where you find items and then soon enough they're just collecting dust. It'd be nice the pattern of what to use in each dungeon had been shaken a bit more.

• Yeah, but thinking it a little bit, that effects the entire gameplay of the character. BUT now I remember, that idea was used on MM.

Yeah, item that turns you into a wolf reminded me of the transformation masks in MM.

Hmm... maybe TP was trying to reuse what they thought worked in the N64 games and umph them with the bigger map and deeper sounding story.

• Sounds pretty cool. Probably TP didn't need that extreme, but the game suffered from the same syndrome of OoT where you find items and then soon enough they're just collecting dust.

Nah these are even worse than OoT.
    latest?cb=20110117052511, 50px-Spinner_Icon_TP.png
    Ocarina of Time had what? The iron and hover boots, quest items, the beans, and I guess that's it. but at least the exploration purpose they provided felt a bit less forced than those two up there.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s