It's ZeldaGuardian here... I'm going to explain some things that need to be explained in this timeline. I have been playing the Zelda Series ever since I was able to use a NES controller (Age of 11months), and I have learned many things. As I play the Zelda games, I think about its storyline and how it fits in the Zelda Timeline. I have seen many timelines by many people, but they forget which came first and last, and everything in between. I have attempted to make a perfect timeline and it's not that easy. Thus far, I have this:
1. Ocarina of Time - Link told Zelda what happened after his adventure and Zelda told her father and they all were able to stop Ganondorf and banish him with Seven Sages.
2. Majora's Mask - Link wondered into this place, undergoing a more personal journey. Once he battled Majora, he ventured back into Hyrule.
3. A Link to the Past - Link came back home to his uncle to rest. After everything that has happened, Link saved Hyrule by obtaining the Seven Crystals and the Master Sword send Ganon back to the Sacred Realm, even though Ganon used Agahnim to get back in the Light World.
4. Minish Cap - Link stayed with his uncle for a little time longer, and Zelda invited him to the Castle Ceremony. What happened at the Castle effected everything and Link was sent to restore a sword to defeat who was responsible.
5. Four Swords - Link was summoned by the Triforce after saving Zelda to defeat a Wind Mage that was causing lots of trouble.
6. Four Swords Adventure - Zelda summoned Link to help finish the ritual against the Dark Link and the Wind Mage, Vaati. However, Ganondorf was the one that was controlling both of them.
7. Oracle Series - Link was summoned, once again, by the Essence of the Triforce to defend the Oracle of Ages and Seasons.
8. Legend of Zelda 1986 - Link wondered back into Hyrule, trying t find Impa because she ran off after being attacked by General Onox. Link helped her find the 8 pieces of the Triforce of Courage.
9. Zelda II - Link was told that Zelda was put to sleep and the only way to awaken her was to place 6 stones in the Palaces around the Hyrule Realm.
10. Twilight Princess - Link was taken to the renamed Kokiri Forest because the Kokiris turned into myth and legend. Link was set to help Zelda, and ran into Midna and everything else happened.
11. Link's Awakening - Link was sick of staying at Hyrule soo, he went travelling in his own boat and wondered around the sea. When a storm hit, he was found on this island.
12. Wind Waker - Link was able to stay alive and float to Outset Island and everything was from there in the game. Link found old Hyrule and was told that this Hyrule was put under water because of a tremendous battle.
13. Phantom Hourglass - Link left with Tetra to find new lands to rule over. After being lost in a mysterious cloud, Link has to find his way back.
And, there ya have it. I think that's the most accurate way to piece them together. If anyone has any questions, please post and talk about it.